2011 Brides to Be

chanel

me me!! august 2011, hehe. so excited and can't wait!! but have alot of things to do and plan too hehe. :love:

Autumnlove

planning my wedding for end of 2011.. i think i'm a bit too late, so many hotels don't have the dates I want already! may have to push to 2012 if that's the case, or find other locations. :(

amyjeane

hi all,

mine is in May 2011.

Have not done my PS, have not book banquet, have not find solemniser, arg...lots of things not done yet.

Autumnlove

hi all,

mine is in May 2011.

Have not done my PS, have not book banquet, have not find solemniser, arg...lots of things not done yet.

hey amyjeane, try to book your banquet date first, that one is most urgent because hotels got limited slots and dates. This year is rabbit year, a lot of couples getting married and many actually booked last year already. :)

btw you can check out some wedding banquet recommendations by poshberries here: http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums/recommendation-wedding-banquet-13/#post302

Last edited:

missylis

Jan 2012 counts? :)
going for photoshoot soon in Feb at Taiwan, anyone?

hi mei li, there's a taiwan photoshoot thread here: Taiwan Wedding Photoshoot Thread. I signed up for a taiwan photoshoot too but wont be going so soon, at least another 1.5 years. (saving money hoho). You can check out another taiwan wedding thread on NAZA taiwan here: NAZA The threadstarter there will be going to taiwan in march for her photoshoot too. :D

amyjeane

hey amyjeane, try to book your banquet date first, that one is most urgent because hotels got limited slots and dates. This year is rabbit year, a lot of couples getting married and many actually booked last year already. :)

btw you can check out some wedding banquet recommendations by poshberries here: http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums/recommendation-wedding-banquet-13/#post302

i have actually done my hw & view a couple of hotels. my HTB & I were suppose to go down to four seasons to sign the contract BUT my HTB read the draft contract that they sent me via email & he told "no, i am not going to sign this contract." i was like :cursing: WAT! after all the hw i did & now i have to hunt another hotel?!?!?!
he told me cos one of the legal clause is too much. so he ended up ringing the catering manager & spoke to the CFO on it. well...contract outstanding now cos Four Seasons is getting legal to amend the contract. >.< so ma fan lor...

airmeli

i have actually done my hw & view a couple of hotels. my HTB & I were suppose to go down to four seasons to sign the contract BUT my HTB read the draft contract that they sent me via email & he told "no, i am not going to sign this contract." i was like :cursing: WAT! after all the hw i did & now i have to hunt another hotel?!?!?!
he told me cos one of the legal clause is too much. so he ended up ringing the catering manager & spoke to the CFO on it. well...contract outstanding now cos Four Seasons is getting legal to amend the contract. >.< so ma fan lor...

What legal clause cause u not to sign?

amyjeane

"The organiser shall be responsible for all liabilities, losses,
claims, demands, damages, costs and expenses, including
(without limitation) property damage and/or personal injuries
suffered or incurred by the Hotel or any employee or staff
member of the Hotel or other guest or invitee of the Hotel and
arising as a direct or indirect result of the attendance at the Event
or the use of services and facilities of the Hotel by the organiser
or its employees or any invitee of or outside contractor hired or
engaged by the organiser."

airmeli

This clause seems quite usual. I see it everywhere. Anyway, this disclaimer to not effective if anyone is injured or died there. If I did not remember wrongly, any dead or injury in contract is void.

missylis

"The organiser shall be responsible for all liabilities, losses,
claims, demands, damages, costs and expenses, including
(without limitation) property damage and/or personal injuries
suffered or incurred by the Hotel or any employee or staff
member of the Hotel or other guest or invitee of the Hotel and
arising as a direct or indirect result of the attendance at the Event
or the use of services and facilities of the Hotel by the organiser
or its employees or any invitee of or outside contractor hired or
engaged by the organiser."

hi dear, you were worried about them not performing up to expectation for the banquet and not being able to hold them liable for it? Can understand if that is so. but still im surprised they were willing to amend it for you.

amyjeane

This clause seems quite usual. I see it everywhere. Anyway, this disclaimer to not effective if anyone is injured or died there. If I did not remember wrongly, any dead or injury in contract is void.

haha...yep my cousin & former colleague told me the same. but my HTB isnt happy with it. for his position at work, i believe he has his concern bah.

anyway, the hotel has changed the contract & we signed :)

amyjeane

hi dear, you were worried about them not performing up to expectation for the banquet and not being able to hold them liable for it? Can understand if that is so. but still im surprised they were willing to amend it for you.

haha...he spoke to the CFO directly with regards to the amendment.

well to my HTB that clause meant that if the hotel's waitress spills soup on out guest, we are liable. if the carpet is uneven & cause our guest to fall, it will be our liabillity? in the contract, everything inclusive of such are the responsibility of the organiser (US). we cannot hold the hotel liable for anything.

so he is upset with it. he rather gives a letter of guarantee than sign it.

AndyHuei

Hi, I am from Fifty Frames Productions, a newly established production company looking to venture into providing videography and photography services for weddings (pre-wedding/actual day).

With building our portfolio and publicizing our services in mind, we would like to offer our services at a minimal fee.

A little about us, we are actually from a TV production company, and have experiences in actual TV production as well as event coverages.

Please feel free to email or call us for more details. We are looking forward to hear from you!

Email : info@fiftyframes.com.sg
Mobile: 9092 7951

Thanks once again!

airmeli

haha...he spoke to the CFO directly with regards to the amendment.

well to my HTB that clause meant that if the hotel's waitress spills soup on out guest, we are liable. if the carpet is uneven & cause our guest to fall, it will be our liabillity? in the contract, everything inclusive of such are the responsibility of the organiser (US). we cannot hold the hotel liable for anything.

so he is upset with it. he rather gives a letter of guarantee than sign it.

Wa... How did your HTB get the CFO to change? I also must learn sia. Because I have been feeling unfair to sign but seems like everywhere also the same so I signed in the end.

amyjeane

Wa... How did your HTB get the CFO to change? I also must learn sia. Because I have been feeling unfair to sign but seems like everywhere also the same so I signed in the end.

Erm...I can't put it in words cos my HTB always & I really mean ALWAYS has reasons to get him through everything. I have not master his act of reasoning. :)

My HTB told me that as long as there is valid reason, the hotel cannot fault us in any ways.