claims, demands, damages, costs and expenses, including
    (without limitation) property damage and/or personal injuries
    suffered or incurred by the Hotel or any employee or staff
    member of the Hotel or other guest or invitee of the Hotel and
    arising as a direct or indirect result of the attendance at the Event
    or the use of services and facilities of the Hotel by the organiser
    or its employees or any invitee of or outside contractor hired or
    engaged by the organiser."
    hi dear, you were worried about them not performing up to expectation for the banquet and not being able to hold them liable for it? Can understand if that is so. but still im surprised they were willing to amend it for you.

Junior Member amyjeane is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by airmeli View Post
    This clause seems quite usual. I see it everywhere. Anyway, this disclaimer to not effective if anyone is injured or died there. If I did not remember wrongly, any dead or injury in contract is void.
    haha...yep my cousin & former colleague told me the same. but my HTB isnt happy with it. for his position at work, i believe he has his concern bah.

anyway, the hotel has changed the contract & we signed

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by missylis View Post
    hi dear, you were worried about them not performing up to expectation for the banquet and not being able to hold them liable for it? Can understand if that is so. but still im surprised they were willing to amend it for you.
    haha...he spoke to the CFO directly with regards to the amendment.

well to my HTB that clause meant that if the hotel's waitress spills soup on out guest, we are liable. if the carpet is uneven & cause our guest to fall, it will be our liabillity? in the contract, everything inclusive of such are the responsibility of the organiser (US). we cannot hold the hotel liable for anything.

so he is upset with it. he rather gives a letter of guarantee than sign it.

Member airmeli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjeane View Post
    haha...he spoke to the CFO directly with regards to the amendment.

well to my HTB that clause meant that if the hotel's waitress spills soup on out guest, we are liable. if the carpet is uneven & cause our guest to fall, it will be our liabillity? in the contract, everything inclusive of such are the responsibility of the organiser (US). we cannot hold the hotel liable for anything.

so he is upset with it. he rather gives a letter of guarantee than sign it.
    Wa... How did your HTB get the CFO to change? I also must learn sia. Because I have been feeling unfair to sign but seems like everywhere also the same so I signed in the end.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by airmeli View Post
    Wa... How did your HTB get the CFO to change? I also must learn sia. Because I have been feeling unfair to sign but seems like everywhere also the same so I signed in the end.
    Erm...I can't put it in words cos my HTB always & I really mean ALWAYS has reasons to get him through everything. I have not master his act of reasoning.

My HTB told me that as long as there is valid reason, the hotel cannot fault us in any ways.

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Me! In another 10 mths...haha!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjeane View Post
    Erm...I can't put it in words cos my HTB always & I really mean ALWAYS has reasons to get him through everything. I have not master his act of reasoning.

My HTB told me that as long as there is valid reason, the hotel cannot fault us in any ways.
    I should learn too...

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnlove View Post
    planning my wedding for end of 2011.. i think i'm a bit too late, so many hotels don't have the dates I want already! may have to push to 2012 if that's the case, or find other locations.
    same here! i am quite last minute too.. planning end 2011.. but in 2 weeks i got the quotes from over 60 hotels, available dates, compiled them together.. then managed to find some suitable dates. tentatively end oct now.. super rushed, but i am glad things are getting settled soon! which particular date are you looking at? is geomancer-recommended dates? there should be a list.. i can help you with it since i have most of the details for various hotels for dates.. but mainly smaller ballroom sizes i asked for (~20 tables). hope to be of help, and hopefully u can join to be 2011 bride!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by poshberries View Post
    Me! In another 10 mths...haha!
    cool! me 9 mths!! hehe.. have you settled most major stuffs already?? banquets, bridal studios, etc?

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Nope Rojak, I haven't settle my Bridal package, Guests List, Videography, Photography, Guo Da Li List etc. Only settled for Wedding Banquet at this moment. So rush for so many things, really so damn tired! How about you? Everything's done or smoothly going through? Lolz..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Bridal package very important must set first. The earlier you confirm, the more you can save. I am marrying in 2012 but I confirmed my Bridal package. My friend marrying 2013 or 2014 confirm at earlier 2010. The price raise so much that my friend is laughing now.

Member xiaoyan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow...i marrying 2013end-2014head..i also confirm my package 2010..you will really save alot..plan earlier better

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Poshberries: me neither. haha. i agree it's so tiring! I have only settled bridal package, not even my wedding banquet! am still debating between Grand Hyatt and Regent hotel for the banquet... grrr it's such a tough decision! where are you holding yours? the rest are rather easy tho.. i have a rough guest list ready so I can settle on the banquet venue.. videography/photography/guodali will be much much simpler.. i already have some idea what i want to do for those already.. just need ot get the majoy banquet settled! and then think of where i wanna do my photoshoots.. =P

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wow xiaoyan.. great planning! i agree the prices raised super alot. i wish i had settled my stuff earlier too.. but i insisted on waiting for my SO to propose first then settle.... guesss i'm a little too stubborn! >.<

Member xiaoyan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hahaahs!!i already told my bf..no ring i wont go photoshoot..ask him wait long long..i cant plan everything nice nice..but his ring never come all this wont continue..his 'admission ticket' hahaahs!! but for wedding banquet all this how much advance can we do booking and stuff? i can plan everything nice nice but nt the location for my rom and wedding dinner..cause need near dates then can right? sian