2012 Brides to Be - Page 14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Member Lesssweet is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    I think around Oct?
    But i saw someone posted this on her blog...
    Thanks, Meiling! Saw this too. Due to my HTB is on shift work so our dates are quite limited..

I wanted to hold the banquet on either sat or sun. So he has to find out which off day falls on sat or sun. So that he can invite his colleagues too. Furthermore, need to see if the selected date is suitable for us anot. This further reduced the dates we can choose..

Anyway, we have book my banquet with Intercontenial last sun as they have a wedding fair. We have given a tentative date n looking to change if date is not suitable for us after the tong Shu is out and also subject to availability..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by y2cl View Post
    i m new here too! anyone heard of klapsons for soleminsation?
    Had did a site visit 2 weeks back and we were turned off by their Sale manager attitude..

Knowing that there will be a wedding function later that day and we were also pre-informed of the sale manager's tight schedule(hence we were given an hour appointment with Him). However, from the moment we saw him till the time we left Klapsons it was barely more than 10mins. During that 10 minutes he showed us his attitude of rude, reluctance(to show us around), uninterested, impatient all rolled into one and all in equal proportion. During that "period", he showed us around so quickly and keep rudely probing us " Any Concerns?". And once there's a millisecond of our silence he will sped on and showed us the next thing.

My HTB and I both agreed that his favourite part of the "show us around" tour, must be the finale when he showed us the door, the EXIT DOOR(which ironically was something we were looking forward to see by then).

Despite of our terrible experience with the sale manager, we do not think that Klapsons in general belongs to such hospitality Tier. Maybe it's just that we are unlucky.. So do dropby if you are interested.

Junior Member emike is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectPixie View Post
    @adelhyc, that's a good start! Are you having your solemnisation on the same date as your wedding banquet or different? After you have gotten your venue and date fixed, the next you can start on is your pre-wedding photoshoot. These days there are many BTBs who go for overseas photoshoot like Taiwan, Bali, Europe etc. Most bridal studios do include pre-wedding photoshoot and gowns etc for SG and Taiwan. For overseas like Europe, Bali you may want to engage a professional photographer and gown rental from a BS but that would be of higher cost.

I did a quick search on the forum search box and found a thread on how to bargain for hotel banquet perks:
    http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums...ice-perks-710/

Hope this info helps you to get started! feel free to ask questions, we are all here to help

@emike, which month are you looking at in 2012 to hold your AD?
    somewhere btw mid jun- mid aug.. waiting for end of aug for the date to be finalize.. 1.5 mth to go..

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesssweet View Post
    Thanks, Meiling! Saw this too. Due to my HTB is on shift work so our dates are quite limited..

I wanted to hold the banquet on either sat or sun. So he has to find out which off day falls on sat or sun. So that he can invite his colleagues too. Furthermore, need to see if the selected date is suitable for us anot. This further reduced the dates we can choose..

Anyway, we have book my banquet with Intercontenial last sun as they have a wedding fair. We have given a tentative date n looking to change if date is not suitable for us after the tong Shu is out and also subject to availability..
    Yup yup! Sometimes even if tong shu is out and given a few dates, you still have to see if it matches your schedules...
    If not, since you all gave a tentative date, then once it's out, see if it is a good date. Once the date confirmed, you all can start planning! =D

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    errr i tot tong shu should be out by now?

and hor getting married leh wat do you mean by tight schedules??? i believe you can just take leave ..

Senior Member KnGp is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup yup! Sometimes even if tong shu is out and given a few dates, you still have to see if it matches your schedules...
    If not, since you all gave a tentative date, then once it's out, see if it is a good date. Once the date confirmed, you all can start planning! =D
    Hi all,
    I come across this website... Something like tong shu.. Maybe u all will want to take a look?
    http://www.xingzuo5.cn/jiri_jishi.php
    Haha.. But i dunno the accuracy...

Junior Member zhenwanru is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by KnGp View Post
    Hi all,
    I come across this website... Something like tong shu.. Maybe u all will want to take a look?
    http://www.xingzuo5.cn/jiri_jishi.php
    Haha.. But i dunno the accuracy...
    Maybe you can consult this guy called Master David Tong. Found him on another forum where alot of people go find him for dates. Will update on his services when I meet him next week!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yep.. Now I'm looking for MUA, shoes, ring holders & things to decorate the table n chairs for my ROM in Sep 11.. Any recommendation?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    errr i tot tong shu should be out by now?

and hor getting married leh wat do you mean by tight schedules??? i believe you can just take leave ..
    Of cos he can take leave just that if we choose a date which is not my HTB off day then he cannot invite his Shift / close colleagues to the wedding.. Sigh..

Hi Kngp,

Thanks for the link and had did a check. It's show ok to get married.. : )

Junior Member vanny is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i am planning for end 2012! guess i must start finding venues! will post up some findings when i have stopped procrastinating!

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Vanny, stop procrastinating =p if you are looking to hold your banquet at end 2012 you should try to book now to avoid disappointment. End periods are always very hot and most ppl book at least 1.5 years in advance to get their favorite date for hot dates. First, start with your budget per table and how many people you are looking to invite, once you got a rough estimate of the guest count you can start looking for your preferred hotel/restaurant and see if they can accommodate the number of tables for you.

@Lesssweet, check out this thread on wedding shoes:
    http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums...ding-shoes-85/

@emike, you are also waiting for the tong shu ar?

Junior Member juzanothergal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi everyone!
    As I am planning for my wedding next year, I have a really silly question to ask....

if the solemnisation is in the morning, and the dinner will be at night, what actually happens during the time in between? do you all go and do photoshoots? or rest? or go and eat with the family first?

Thanks!

Junior Member emike is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectPixie View Post
    Hi Vanny, stop procrastinating =p if you are looking to hold your banquet at end 2012 you should try to book now to avoid disappointment. End periods are always very hot and most ppl book at least 1.5 years in advance to get their favorite date for hot dates. First, start with your budget per table and how many people you are looking to invite, once you got a rough estimate of the guest count you can start looking for your preferred hotel/restaurant and see if they can accommodate the number of tables for you.

@Lesssweet, check out this thread on wedding shoes:
    http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums...ding-shoes-85/

@emike, you are also waiting for the tong shu ar?
    ya.. im waiting for the tong shu.. and can only open on end aug.. after tt have to rush to book the banquet..

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi juzanothergal, why not consider having the solemnisation just a 2-3 hours before the wedding dinner? This way all at 1 short your close friends and relatives can attend your dinner right after your solemnisation at the same venue, fast and convenient unless you are considering having another venue for your solemnisation? If you do in the morning got some time to rest in between before dinner ba.

emike, should still be able to book during july-aug period next yr at end aug This period quite quiet so should have lots of available dates to book from. Have you visited any hotels yet? found any you like? can start looking first

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by emike View Post
    ya.. im waiting for the tong shu.. and can only open on end aug.. after tt have to rush to book the banquet..
    I suggest you start shortlisting the hotels and do site visit..