2012 Brides to Be - Page 22

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Junior Member jewee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all, I am new here. Planning to get married in late 2012 or 2013. May i know how early should my fiance and I start to the preparation, esp booking hotel?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi ladies,

I am new here and am glad I found this website. It seems exciting and has many useful information to help with my wedding preparation.
    I plan to get married in late 2012 or early 2013. May I ask how early should my fiance and I begin our preparation such as booking hotel?

thank you.

Senior Member jwjw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello jewee! Welcome!!

You should start preparing right now!! If you are looking at weekends for late 2012, im afraid most venues are taken.. Early 2013 might still be available.. Work out your draft guest list, determine the number of tables you need and off you go to hunt for venues that can cater to your needs..

I have consolidated my own list of hotels, number of ballrooms they have, min and max for the ballroom, price per table, etc. Do let me know if you would like to have a copy.. Have fun planning!

Junior Member adrikoh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello!!!

I'm a BTB 2012! Current date is confirmed on 17 nov 2012, Saturday dinner at Marina Mandarin Hotel! Bridal gown and suit is from bliss bridal. :/ realized AD videographer/photographer all do need cash payments.. alot of $$$ involved and my house is not here yet

Anyway!! Anyone else booking at marina mandarin??

Junior Member bel_bel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi,

I am intending to hold my wedding in end 2012 but most hotels are taken on weekends! Thus I will most probably consider holding it on a weekday instead. Do you think its advisable to hold on weekdays?

I am currently looking at Mandarin Oriental and per table cost about $1200 on a weekday.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    First of all, congrats! =)

Yup, 2012 is a hot year and thus it is advisable to make early booking.

Weekends lunch banquet also fully booked?
    Weekdays is ok also but have to consider for those who are working or having kids who needs to wake up early for school.

If you don't mind waiting, maybe can see if early 2013 is still available??

Member Derlina is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikoh View Post
    Hello!!!

I'm a BTB 2012! Current date is confirmed on 17 nov 2012, Saturday dinner at Marina Mandarin Hotel! Bridal gown and suit is from bliss bridal. :/ realized AD videographer/photographer all do need cash payments.. alot of $$$ involved and my house is not here yet

Anyway!! Anyone else booking at marina mandarin??
    Hi adrikoh.. I'm holding my dinner at marina mandarin too.. which ballroom are you using?? the big ballroom or venda ballroom?? hehe.. anyway I will be holding my wedding dinner on 17 Feb 2012. =D

Junior Member fandz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Thumbsup Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa - WEDDING SHOWCASE, 24 Sept 2011 (12pm-5pm)

My friend who is working in Sentosa inform me there is a wedding showcase in Amara at 38nett per couple.

The showcase includes Fengshui talks, Hi tea reception, live band, bridal gown from La belle couture and French Sabre D'or (sword to open champagne presentation)...can consider.

They hinted Amara intends to give good discounts for couple who confirmed their booking for 2012 solemnization/ banquet...(2 complimentary night stay and their Full Glass Garden Pavilion etc)....you may look for zoulla for Site inspection form to waive off sentosa gateway gantry to enter...but must register first....worth considering

Junior Member adrikoh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlina View Post
    Hi adrikoh.. I'm holding my dinner at marina mandarin too.. which ballroom are you using?? the big ballroom or venda ballroom?? hehe.. anyway I will be holding my wedding dinner on 17 Feb 2012. =D
    hellO derlina! Great to know that you are also holding your AD at marina mandarin!! Hahaah! Then can ask you for tips etc and what to take note of! I booked the big ballroom as we have about 40-50 tables! How about you???

Btw! Have you done the food tasting yet???

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Dear jwjw

I really appreciate your reply. Thank you so much. And yeah i guess it will be tough to get hotel for 2012 now
    Yes i would love to have a copy of the list you mentioned. It will definitely be of help to me. Thanks so much jwjw. Could you send it to erlin77@gmail.com

Once again thanks for the help jwjw.

Quote Originally Posted by jwjw View Post
    Hello jewee! Welcome!!

You should start preparing right now!! If you are looking at weekends for late 2012, im afraid most venues are taken.. Early 2013 might still be available.. Work out your draft guest list, determine the number of tables you need and off you go to hunt for venues that can cater to your needs..

I have consolidated my own list of hotels, number of ballrooms they have, min and max for the ballroom, price per table, etc. Do let me know if you would like to have a copy.. Have fun planning!

Junior Member karz85 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi jwjw, i intend to hold my wedding late 2012 but havent get the exact date n not started plan for my wedding. Since u have consolidate a list of hotels, ballrooms, etc, can i have a copy too? Really appreciate if you can send it to me @ tini_chan88@yahoo.com

Thanks so much

Junior Member karz85 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjw View Post
    Hello jewee! Welcome!!

Hi jwjw, i intend to hold my wedding late 2012 but havent get the exact date n not started plan for my wedding. Since u have consolidate a list of hotels, ballrooms, etc, can i have a copy too? Really appreciate if you can send it to me @ tini_chan88@yahoo.com

Thanks so much

Member Derlina is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikoh View Post
    hellO derlina! Great to know that you are also holding your AD at marina mandarin!! Hahaah! Then can ask you for tips etc and what to take note of! I booked the big ballroom as we have about 40-50 tables! How about you???

Btw! Have you done the food tasting yet???
    Hihi.. I'm holding for the most 30 tables lar.. so only go for the smaller ballroom..
    I have not went for my food tasting still quite early for that.. but end of this mth will be going there for my fren wedding so can taste the food first.. haha.. anyway my fren oso using the big ballroom.
    for my own food tasting i will be setting it maybe ard December lor.. hehe..

Junior Member karynwee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Congrats!! But is quite fun but tedious planning for wedding..

Junior Member chloethen is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    glad to find this place where girls can discuss on our all impt day! congrats to all the upcoming brides-to be ;) am actually looking for smaller venue for max 15 tables, anyone knows which hotels can accommodate smaller wedding settings?