may i ask when is your big day?

Junior Member BaByDoN is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Me too. 2013 end of year.

Junior Member Ruach is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hello! have u guys booked a hotel yet for your big day? is it too early to plan?

Junior Member mellifluous is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Heard alot ppl saying June 2013 will be a popular month for AD, anyone here planning for June?

Junior Member cheryltham is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine's going to be in Sept/Oct 2013. We have not fixed a date and we are still scouting places to hold our wedding. This depends on the number of tables so I'm getting our parents to gauge the number of tables needed.

Junior Member letisha is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Hi I am new too.. Glad to find this forum!

Junior Member bellybuttony is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    mine is in Mar.
    i have already booked the hotel last year. LOL. super kiasu..

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by bellybuttony View Post
    im a 2013 BTB. )

may i ask when is your big day?
    Dec 2013, we are thinking should we push forward to Sept since our flat might be done by end of this year or early next year.

Member hongyl is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine will be Oct 2013!

Junior Member ggxr is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Bridal fairs

For those who are new here, I have some advice (although I am also a BTB).
    Due to my AD will be around end 2014 or 1st quarter of 2015, and ROM should be next year, I did some research on all the stuffs that I need

Before I start, u guys NEED to know some of the short form that is usually use.
    MUA - Make up artist
    PG - Photographer
    VGA - Videographer
    AD - Actual day of wedding
    FH - Future husband
    There should be more, however I forget and couldn't find the website I saw it from.

Anyway, We do know that wedding is one of the most expensive event in our whole life, so if possible, we would like to save as much as possible.

To save money, firstly is to do research. Always do research first (XTREMELY IMPORTANT!!), don't just sign up any package or make any kind of down payment right away cos the deal is good. This would also show the salesperson that you did some research before u step in and they would be caution with it.

Go to different types of bridal forum (pefect weddings, singapore bridal etc), and look at all the reviews that is done by all the past BTB and jot it down in a excel table. Do take note those photographer, MUA etc that they recommended, it does help alot in the future.

So, list down all those good and bad bridal, and use it in bridal fairs. Take note: Not all comments are from BTB, some are from the employees of the bridal boutique. So, not all comments are true.

Every month, they would be at least 2 -3 bridal fair, either @ suntec or expo. Go for those bridal fairs where there would be a mixture of hotels, freelance photographers, bridal boutique etc such as BOWS. This could help u save time. And unless your wedding is very near, e.g. 2012 or 2013, try to secure hotel venues first, follow by bridal boutique to avoid date being taken up.

However, if your AD is quite far (just like my), secure a bridal boutique first as definitely there will be inflation every year. So, if I secure my bridal boutique during 2011, and in 2015 (which is my AD year), it can save me at least 15% which is alot! And 1 more good point is that the bridal package is valid for maximum 5 years (if I am not wrong).

Before u step into the bridal fair, make sure that u are sure of what u need and don't need such as budget. So, when arrived at bridal fair, some comments from forum would tell u, try to enquire about their bridal package from all the bridal shops before settle for the one that u prefer. However, based on my personal experience, that is totally impossible!! Once u sit down, your butt will stick onto the chair like 2 -3 hours. (Cos some of the bridal package, really damm good!) So, choose really well!

Before u start, be nice and friendly, tell them you heard good reviews about them from friends/online, and you've also shortlisted some other bridal boutique before making the final decision. This will prevent you from kena chop and most probably, u will get better service and perks (hopefully) from them. However, try not to be tempted to sign on the spot.

For negotiation for bridal package, is actually depends on individual needs (This is where you and your partner need to sit down & discuss) Example, for me, I do not need a kua (tea dress), so I ask for more photographs or more pose. If u do not need those thing that is in the standard package, said that u don't want it and would like to exchange for something else, most salesperson would accommodate (unless u met those very stingy type, I have seen before).

Most importantly, when you are 100% sure to sign up for the bridal package, do not, I meant DO NOT pay full sum of the bridal package cos they might so called "change their attitude" after they received the whole sum (U know what I meant right?)

Secondly, for hotels venue, there is nothing that u could negotiate about (I mean perks or price) and I do not have much to comment about cos I am not really at this stage. However, I am still doing my research as if your AD fall on hot date such as 20 dec 2012, u will need to book as early as 1.5 years in advance.

Based on those forums I read, try to look for high celling, pillarless hotel (Who want their guest to be blocked from the pillar and couldn't see those beautiful pictures?) and also do ask whether the reception will be shared with another couple (just in case, there is another wedding ongoing too) as some of the guests will get blur on which is the correct side. And most importantly, your budget!

Most of the hotel banquet package would consist of:

Card printed with at least 60% guest (only 60% of the card printed cost is on hotels, the rest is yrs to pay).
    • At least 20% of complimentary carparks coupons/rebate,
    • 1 night stay for you and your partner with buffet breakfast
    • door gfts and ang pow box will be taken care of. (Unless you want to DIY)
    • day room for your bridesmaid, for your MUA. Should be around here.

There is still quite alot of details yet to be mentioned like car, corsages, bouquet etc. Such details, you guys have to take note of it.

I think that all! My advice is still research, research and research for all the things that u need. U could really save alot in such an event if you did a good job in researched

PS: Beside wedding, I also do research for buying my skincare products, make up etc. and I save alot!

Junior Member tootiesiang is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by ggxr View Post
    For those who are new here, I have some advice (although I am also a BTB).
    Due to my AD will be around end 2014 or 1st quarter of 2015, and ROM should be next year, I did some research on all the stuffs that I need

Before I start, u guys NEED to know some of the short form that is usually use.
    MUA - Make up artist
    PG - Photographer
    VGA - Videographer
    AD - Actual day of wedding
    FH - Future husband
    There should be more, however I forget and couldn't find the website I saw it from.

Anyway, We do know that wedding is one of the most expensive event in our whole life, so if possible, we would like to save as much as possible.

To save money, firstly is to do research. Always do research first (XTREMELY IMPORTANT!!), don't just sign up any package or make any kind of down payment right away cos the deal is good. This would also show the salesperson that you did some research before u step in and they would be caution with it.

Go to different types of bridal forum (pefect weddings, singapore bridal etc), and look at all the reviews that is done by all the past BTB and jot it down in a excel table. Do take note those photographer, MUA etc that they recommended, it does help alot in the future.

So, list down all those good and bad bridal, and use it in bridal fairs. Take note: Not all comments are from BTB, some are from the employees of the bridal boutique. So, not all comments are true.

Every month, they would be at least 2 -3 bridal fair, either @ suntec or expo. Go for those bridal fairs where there would be a mixture of hotels, freelance photographers, bridal boutique etc such as BOWS. This could help u save time. And unless your wedding is very near, e.g. 2012 or 2013, try to secure hotel venues first, follow by bridal boutique to avoid date being taken up.

However, if your AD is quite far (just like my), secure a bridal boutique first as definitely there will be inflation every year. So, if I secure my bridal boutique during 2011, and in 2015 (which is my AD year), it can save me at least 15% which is alot! And 1 more good point is that the bridal package is valid for maximum 5 years (if I am not wrong).

Before u step into the bridal fair, make sure that u are sure of what u need and don't need such as budget. So, when arrived at bridal fair, some comments from forum would tell u, try to enquire about their bridal package from all the bridal shops before settle for the one that u prefer. However, based on my personal experience, that is totally impossible!! Once u sit down, your butt will stick onto the chair like 2 -3 hours. (Cos some of the bridal package, really damm good!) So, choose really well!

Before u start, be nice and friendly, tell them you heard good reviews about them from friends/online, and you've also shortlisted some other bridal boutique before making the final decision. This will prevent you from kena chop and most probably, u will get better service and perks (hopefully) from them. However, try not to be tempted to sign on the spot.

For negotiation for bridal package, is actually depends on individual needs (This is where you and your partner need to sit down & discuss) Example, for me, I do not need a kua (tea dress), so I ask for more photographs or more pose. If u do not need those thing that is in the standard package, said that u don't want it and would like to exchange for something else, most salesperson would accommodate (unless u met those very stingy type, I have seen before).

Most importantly, when you are 100% sure to sign up for the bridal package, do not, I meant DO NOT pay full sum of the bridal package cos they might so called "change their attitude" after they received the whole sum (U know what I meant right?)

Secondly, for hotels venue, there is nothing that u could negotiate about (I mean perks or price) and I do not have much to comment about cos I am not really at this stage. However, I am still doing my research as if your AD fall on hot date such as 20 dec 2012, u will need to book as early as 1.5 years in advance.

Based on those forums I read, try to look for high celling, pillarless hotel (Who want their guest to be blocked from the pillar and couldn't see those beautiful pictures?) and also do ask whether the reception will be shared with another couple (just in case, there is another wedding ongoing too) as some of the guests will get blur on which is the correct side. And most importantly, your budget!

Most of the hotel banquet package would consist of:

Card printed with at least 60% guest (only 60% of the card printed cost is on hotels, the rest is yrs to pay).
    • At least 20% of complimentary carparks coupons/rebate,
    • 1 night stay for you and your partner with buffet breakfast
    • door gfts and ang pow box will be taken care of. (Unless you want to DIY)
    • day room for your bridesmaid, for your MUA. Should be around here.

There is still quite alot of details yet to be mentioned like car, corsages, bouquet etc. Such details, you guys have to take note of it.

I think that all! My advice is still research, research and research for all the things that u need. U could really save alot in such an event if you did a good job in researched

PS: Beside wedding, I also do research for buying my skincare products, make up etc. and I save alot!
    *super like ur post n find it useful! Thanks for the post!

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    mine is jan 2013!

Junior Member genyib is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    2013 btb too, in march

Bellybuttony: hi^5 i am a kiasu btb too! booked the venue in April last year, 2 bs studios (1 local, 1 overseas) by July and got my PG and VG last month. LOL. All left for me to source is only the wedding rings, hahahha