2015 Brides !

naim

Hello 2015 Brides/Grooms to be.

Hi is there Any 2015 brides/groom out there? Let's chat..

I'm a 2015 may bride and i'm alone in planning, sourcing and etc..
Hubby-to-be is leaving all up to me as he is nt very keen I guess, he see wedding as an event reason being the rest of our life together is much more significant and important to him then a "one day thing". Sighh

Have you started planning, if yes, what have you started on? If no, when are you planning to start?

Prada

Hi Naim,

I know you will feel quite disappointed cos all girls would love our own hubby to help out or even go through the process of planning together isn't it? Dun worry ya, your hubby has his own pt of view which is correct while all girls thinking also correct. So there's no right or wrong.

Erm.. normally planning includes the following:

1) Hotel (preferably booked one yr in advance).. book appointments with the hotels to view their ballroom and packages that they could offer you - I went to concorde hotel, furama riverfront, MBS and Hyatt. AMong all, I love concorde the best cos pillarless but we took furama instead cos the food is more yummy. So up to your preference.

2) Photography and Videography (no harm booked early cos good ones are all booked by other people. you will not know whether your date is it taken aldy).. Pre wedding shoots too.. - we booked with princess one stop wedding services. Oh ya, they offered make up services too.. and manicure and instant photobooth. thats why they are called one stop wedding services.. haha.. they r quite friendly with affordable prices. They had done for my ROM last yr.. i'm so satisfied with their services that I confirmed straightaway with them for my wedding next yr.

3) Wedding Bands - I chose goldheart celestial, well.. i love the design so much. But its costly la.. cost abt 6k for 0.5 carat.. but im gonna wear for the rest of my life leh.. so dun bother about cost.. haha.. i told my hubby good investment!

4) Guestlist - write down the possible relatives and friends whom you wanna invite.. i know quite early.. maybe by 2015 you may not want to invite them.. lol.. but its good to have a rough estimate of the number of guests so when you go to the hotel for viewing, you will have a rough estimation of tables so that the hotel person could quote you.

hmm.. anymore?? you could ask me if you need any help.. keke..

naim

Hi Naim,

I know you will feel quite disappointed cos all girls would love our own hubby to help out or even go through the process of planning together isn't it? Dun worry ya, your hubby has his own pt of view which is correct while all girls thinking also correct. So there's no right or wrong.

Erm.. normally planning includes the following:

1) Hotel (preferably booked one yr in advance).. book appointments with the hotels to view their ballroom and packages that they could offer you - I went to concorde hotel, furama riverfront, MBS and Hyatt. AMong all, I love concorde the best cos pillarless but we took furama instead cos the food is more yummy. So up to your preference.

2) Photography and Videography (no harm booked early cos good ones are all booked by other people. you will not know whether your date is it taken aldy).. Pre wedding shoots too.. - we booked with princess one stop wedding services. Oh ya, they offered make up services too.. and manicure and instant photobooth. thats why they are called one stop wedding services.. haha.. they r quite friendly with affordable prices. They had done for my ROM last yr.. i'm so satisfied with their services that I confirmed straightaway with them for my wedding next yr.

3) Wedding Bands - I chose goldheart celestial, well.. i love the design so much. But its costly la.. cost abt 6k for 0.5 carat.. but im gonna wear for the rest of my life leh.. so dun bother about cost.. haha.. i told my hubby good investment!

4) Guestlist - write down the possible relatives and friends whom you wanna invite.. i know quite early.. maybe by 2015 you may not want to invite them.. lol.. but its good to have a rough estimate of the number of guests so when you go to the hotel for viewing, you will have a rough estimation of tables so that the hotel person could quote you.

hmm.. anymore?? you could ask me if you need any help.. keke..

Hi Prada

Thanks for the advice. Currently of all of the above you have mentioned, I only did one. That was to pick and sign with a bridal shop together with pre-wed shoot. I am looking at Grand Rendezvous Hotel, but so far, there is not much reviews there yet.

And i don't really know what to do anymore as i don't have a confirmed date and everything still seems so long.. Haha

bbangel

Hi girls, i feel the same!
guess guys just dont have the patient and mood to do all the planning so early yet. haha!
I thought i was the only one who started to worry so much for things happening in 2 years later!:tongue:
But, are you serious that I should be checking the places out now?
I am really not sure when should I be doing it.

babyjyo

Hi girls, i feel the same!
guess guys just dont have the patient and mood to do all the planning so early yet. haha!
I thought i was the only one who started to worry so much for things happening in 2 years later!:tongue:
But, are you serious that I should be checking the places out now?
I am really not sure when should I be doing it.

Its never too early to start. The major items that you can start looking out for first:

Gowns - You may want to start to visit and shortlist your vendors/gown shops. Rental or Purchase? Style Preferred? Off-The-Rack or Made-to-measure? International Designer/Local Designer/Non-Branded Designer?

Photographers/Videographers - You may want to start seeing their portfolios and shortlist.

Venues - You can start looking around. You can book it if you are confident. But, if you are booking earlier, you may want to consider whether the hotel or venue can take a higher capacity, as original guestlists can change. There are some hotels/venues that can support varying numbers of guest. What you can do is consider your estimated guest numbers first.

Wedding Bands - You can do this later, but you can consider if you want to do an off-the-shelf design or customise design. If customise, you may want to start thinking of how you want to design it early.

tigerjos

Hi! I'm a Feb 2015 btb! Right now me and my htb have bought the pre-wedding photo shoot from French bridal. Also looked at wedding bands but have not bought it yet. Actually I'm still waiting for him to propose first lol which I believe is pretty soon ^^ other than that we are exploring on hotels available for booking, in fact we are paying a visit to swissotel MC next week. For our AD, we will need to get the AD photographer n we plan to have an animated video

For your date wise, maybe you n or htb can start by working out the budget needed n first determine the period that you guys can get married. Maybe also go see the shi fu to select the auspicious date if needed. We did that already ^^

fleurfleur

hi girls! i guess my wedding would be 2016 as my flat would only be ready by end of 2016, still thinking must i ROM or ROM+AD together cause we need produce cert to HDB right?

i guess its too early to book anything now but just by reading through the reviews for the different location let me have a rough gauge & shortlist :D

Prada

Hi Prada

Thanks for the advice. Currently of all of the above you have mentioned, I only did one. That was to pick and sign with a bridal shop together with pre-wed shoot. I am looking at Grand Rendezvous Hotel, but so far, there is not much reviews there yet.

And i don't really know what to do anymore as i don't have a confirmed date and everything still seems so long.. Haha

Went to Ren for dinner before.. dun really like the ballroom.; its pillars everywhere.. some views guests could even see the stage..

Prada

hi girls! i guess my wedding would be 2016 as my flat would only be ready by end of 2016, still thinking must i ROM or ROM+AD together cause we need produce cert to HDB right?

i guess its too early to book anything now but just by reading through the reviews for the different location let me have a rough gauge & shortlist :D

For my experience, both together really save a lot of cost!! Really regret separating it.. lol

fleurfleur

Yep it is! Are you gonna hand in the cert before getting the house?

i got no idea what the best way out, if hand the cert before get the house means ROM then do house reno then proceed for banquet so can move in officially.
but i heard its more expensive? but if do it together how to gauge? :(

naim

i got no idea what the best way out, if hand the cert before get the house means ROM then do house reno then proceed for banquet so can move in officially.
but i heard its more expensive? but if do it together how to gauge? :(

My HTB and I am thinking of doing our weds early. I do not feel good separate it as ROM is going to be our actual date of our marriage (our anniversary) hence banquet isnt going to be as meaningful.

bunnylove

that's quite disappointing to hear. husbands should also see the wedding as an important event since it's the day that both of you will be together forever. hmm. as for the planning. we've already started looking for our venue and it's a bit stressful to be honest because none has fitted our ideal location yet. :(

rainbowskies

this is a bit sad to hear that your htb is leaving everything on your care since he should also participate in preparing for you wedding.

zrhsluv

Realised there isn't any thread for 2015 brides!
Any brides going to have their wedding in 2015 ? How are the preparation for everyone???

I am holding my wedding in May,2015:wub::wub::wub: