Recommendation for wedding banquet?

janice84

I am looking to book my wedding banquet about a year from now. Budget would be about $900 per table for each wedding table, any recommendations? TIA! :)

missylis

hi dear, many of the hotels would be within your budget. One such is Concorde Hotel, if i'm not wrong, they are about $800++ per table. :)

xixi

i will be having mine at furama. Although the hotel facade is not that nice (painting quite old), it was one of the last few wedding dinner slots I could get. For next year, the hotels are pretty much all fully booked, you will probably need to have your wedding in 2012 if you still want hotels. Otherwise, outdoor wedding would be more flexible for you. all the best for your wedding dear! :)

ribena

you can try sheraton for a unique hotel. i live near there and always love to go there for buffet dinners beside the waterfall.. so romantic. ^^ they are the only hotel in singapore who have man made waterfall, which i love hehe.

poshberries

FYI, I went to many hotels' wedding venues and found that there are a few good ones in mind that I can intro you based on your limitations. Note: They are not in ranking or any priorities.

They are:
1. Grand Park City Hall (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 28 tables, with high ceiling)
2. Concorde Hotel Singapore (Grand Ballroom - accommomdate max. 45 to 50 tables, with ceiling)
3. Carlton Hotel (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 45 tables, with high ceiling)
4. Sheraton Towers (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 40 to 45 tables, with high ceiling)
5. Waterfrond Grand Copthorne (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 50 tables, with high ceiling, with Waterfall/Garden as a backdrop)
6. Orchard Hotel (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 100 tables, with high ceiling)
7. Pan Pacific Singapore (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 55 tables, with high ceiling)
8. Fullerton Singapore (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 60 tables, with high ceiling)
9. Marina Bay Sands (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 600 tables)
10. Swissotel Merchant Court (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 50 tables, with high ceiling)
11. Furama Riverfront (Grand Ballroom - accommodate max. 55 tables, with high ceiling)

Hope this helps. Thanks!

janice84

wow, thanks so much for the detailed explanations of the hotels. will keep a lookout for their wedding showcases. Did you visit their showcase or you just ask the wedding co-ords to show you around? :) I realize that not all the hotels have showcase, it's going to be quite hard to see what they offer.

Aquila

what about recommendation of hotels that allowing less number of tables booking eg: 10~20 tables only for weekend dinner banquet.

missylis

what about recommendation of hotels that allowing less number of tables booking eg: 10~20 tables only for weekend dinner banquet.

I think you'll have to book restaurants instead, most hotels only allow you to book if you have min. number of tables. The least i heard of was 30, especially for weekend dinner where most people want to book.

rojak

Grand Park City Hall is the most value for money!! 738 nett per table. and the food is really not bad leh! i went for a wedding there recently.. and the food portions are HUGE!! :)

vonnie_10

10-20 tables dinner banquet

Hi Aquila, you may email me at vonnie_10@yahoo.com for more informatioon about small number of tables for dinner banquet. Typically, hotels will not accept such small numbers. Even if they do, they will charge you really high in order to account for the tables that are not sold!

rojak

Hotel at Fort Canning is nice, pretty, and cheap!! it's 888++ per table.. for a range of table numbers in different rooms. the deals are really good in my opinion.. basic package includes

Free flow of draught beer from 7 pm to 11 pm

♥ 01 bottle of house wine per confirmed table to be consumed during dinner

♥ 12 dozens of delectable butler passed Deluxe Canapés during pre-dinner cocktail

♥ Additional 01 nite stay at Premium King with breakfast for 2 persons

♥ 01 day use room for helpers

♥ 01 unit of Ang Bao Box

♥ House wine @ S$25.00++ per bottle (min. 12 bottles)

♥ Waiver of corkage charge for alcohol brought-in

♥ Exclusively for payments made via DBS credit card, additional 06 bottles of house wine will

be offered.

Choice of sumptuous 8-course Cantonese cuisine

Free flow of soft drinks and mixers from 7.00pm to 11.00pm

Complimentary 1 barrel of 30 litre of draught beer

Champagne pyramid with a bottle of Champagne for toasting.

Waiver of corkage charge for guests’ own hard liquor (sealed and duty-paid). Corkage is chargeable for
wine/champagne (750ml) brought-in at $20.00++ per bottle.

Display of a model wedding cake specially designed by our Pastry Chef for cake cutting ceremony.

Elegant wedding decorations on stage, along the aisle, reception and VIP tables.

Complimentary white seat covers for all chairs.

Choice of Memorable wedding favours for all guests and 01 guest signature book

Complimentary one-night stay at our newly renovated premium room with breakfast for 02 persons.

An exclusive pre-dinner snack for couple upon arrival to the Hotel

Food tasting accompanied with fine wines during lunch or dinner for 10 persons on weekdays only

Choice of attractively designed wedding invitation cards based on 70% of guaranteed attendance
(excludes inserts and printing).

One VIP parking lot for bridal car at Hotel Driveway.

Car park passes based on 10% of guaranteed attendance.

For Premium Package

Confetti Effect during Champagne Toasting

Individually plated service for selected dishes

calu

hi everyone here.. im new here. May i ask where can i find restaurants that hold wedding banquets? Besides TongLok, Ban Heng...I cant seems to find much in those bridal mags.. Anyone can enlighten?

PerfectPixie

Hi Calu, welcome! :D I guess that really depends on the budget. Do you have a budget range per table? Maybe after knowing that I can try to compile a list of restaurants as well.

purple

Hi all,
Any suggestions on venues? Any new hotels to check out? MBS too pricey, and most of them requires min 30 tables. Anyone tried RWS yet?

vonnie_10

Hi all, I know of a few restaurants that are very suitable for solemnization/wedding banquets, with the option of indoor or outdoor settings for our solemnization. Maximum capacity at 10-12 tables. You can email me for more information at vonnie_10@yahoo.com. I can show you some pictures too:)

calu

Hi Calu, welcome! :D I guess that really depends on the budget. Do you have a budget range per table? Maybe after knowing that I can try to compile a list of restaurants as well.

Hi Pixie- probably ard $800-$900/ table. Thnks much. The hotels now a days r usually 900++ to >$1000 :( With the corkages..and other nitty gritty, really can faint..

PerfectPixie

Hi Pixie- probably ard $800-$900/ table. Thnks much. The hotels now a days r usually 900++ to >$1000 :( With the corkages..and other nitty gritty, really can faint..

Hi Calu, I came across quite a number of hotels that offer below $900 per table for wedding dinner. Just to name a few, Amara Hotel offers $788++ per person on a weekday wedding dinner and $868++ per pax on weekend wedding dinner. Carlton Hotel offers $788nett per pax for a wedding lunch. Grand Park Hotel offers $738nett per pax on wedding dinner. M Hotel offers $628++per pax for weekday dinner and $728++ for weekend dinner.

$600++ per table at a hotel for wedding lunch is pretty common among hotels. Restaurants are normally at about $400-$600 for wedding lunch and dinners. So with your budget of $800-$900 per table I think it is possible to still have your wedding dinner or lunch at a hotel.

You can find a lot more of such deals with all hotels price list here:
http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums/wedding-banquet-price-list/

Hope this helps! :D

lala_jini

I'm interested to have a international buffet dinner for my wedding banquet.. any recommendations? got a few suggestions from thers.. Sentosa Sapphire Pavilion, Keppel Club, Orchid Country Club, Hotel Fort Canning.. anybody been to any of these places for wedding before??