3 unexpected benefits about wedding video

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member firerock1 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

3 unexpected benefits about wedding video

Obviously, everybody loves a beautiful picture taken at their wedding. If you are a bride, you want to look hot, and sexy on your wedding. Of course, if the bride looks like Nicki Minaj, even the best wedding photographer, can’t make her pretty. Well, unless you can pull off the anaconda dance, you can be the best-looking bride in the world.

"Anyone like fake noses?"

As the old cliche’s “photography give us a pictorial reference for memory sake”, hence every couple needs the best memories for themselves. Thus, when their spouse starts developing that horrible wrinkly forehead, he or she can say in a distorted voice, ” Remember…when we are so young…?”

What about wedding videos? Some people argues that photography is sufficient, well, a picture is a static image, that helps people to replay memories in their minds if they are not suffering from dementia. Of course, everybody has a great memory.

Surprisingly, there are arguments about which is better, in any case, both are important in their own right and it requires a certain level of creativity, technicality, and the most overused word call “passion”, to pull off such a craft. However, it’s quite apparent about why we need wedding photography since it started a long time back in the 19th century when people only wore their best formal to be taken before, and after the wedding.

Hardly, the true utility of a recorded wedding video is discussed. Of course, the usual marketing gimmicks are your video will not look like a homemade video shot with a shitty Nokia, or high-end equipment is used, when it missed the whole point of a good story. Which I wrote intensively here.

So mama never told you why you need a wedding video like how you need to study, I decided to dedicate a delightful post on how much awesome benefits you can reap from it. So prepare your notepads, potato chips, and ice creams to find out how the truth will enlighten your mind. Yeah, you love it.

1) RECORDING OF VOWS

I love how each couple proclaims their eternal love for one another as if they are going to be together even if they are flying in the clouds with a pair of white wings and a halo over their heads. It’s such a sacred moment that I cannot help but smile in awe over their matrimony.

Vows, vows, vows, those precious tiny bits of love words can only be recorded with a sound recording device. Recording good, clear, and crisp sound is also necessary. Great sound is priceless. Great dialogue enhances a compelling moment. A photo montage can only be overlayed with your favorite love songs, but every moment is frozen, static, and serene. This piece is only good for looping during the dinner banquet when some uninspired guest needs a slideshow to make them watch.

Imagine this scene.

The teary expression of the brides,
    “For this life…”
    , the convicted look of the groom,
    and the tears of daddy, and mama.

(Tears)

(Ok don’t cry on me)

These are the priceless moment, that when documented through a lens makes cinematic moments. You know the time when you paid for popcorns? Yes, cinema. The recorded sound bites will be a strong factor in reminding the commitment you made to your fellow spouse. Well, we do know there are divorces. Sometimes I wonder why people said such long extravagant line when you don’t mean a crap. For all those who are loyal, faithful, and lovely, this video is your personal movie. You are the star. The replay value allows you to continuously remind you the day you are “one”.

Show me a couple that says their prepared vows is not important, deserves a tight slap on the face. Why even prepare it in the first place? Because every wedding seems to need one? Don’t be a sheep.

2) BRING THE DEAD TO LIFE

Imagine your Dad spoke like a president before you march in for your wedding, and he delivered a persuasive speech which moved even the most cold-hearted and cynical soul, that your spouse is the best person for you? But, recently he smoked Marlboro too much and slept forever. The nurse said the most hated three words, ” I am sorry…”.( I bet she says that every day, that she don’t feel anymore) You wanted to speak to him, he did not budge.

However, immortality is bullshit, it’s a fallacy to think that resurrection exists. It’s better to show your future kids that how cool Daddy is in a video, rather than narrating through words and pictures.

Hey just to let you know my dad is no longer alive (I cried 3 days straight). Luckily, I am able to see how my dad lifts my mom’s veil: after I found an old VHS tape in my parent’s cupboard. Those are the film days when there is no such thing as express highlights. He is charismatic, charming, funny, and he wears a curly wig because he is balding. No, I am serious, he is balding at 35. Well, Vin Diesel is bald too. Please do yourself a favor to catch Fast and Furious 7.

3) MAKE YOUR MONEY WORTH WHILE

Saving your hard-earned money is important. You slog like a slave for 5 years, pile up a stack of fat cash in your bank accounts. Your spouse can’t wait for your long awaited future. Oh, you are so patient, and finally, you decide to get married! Every person wants the best for their wedding, but who likes meticulous planning and budgeting? Nevertheless, Some people likes the planning process. Hey, groom don’t push all the planning to the woman just because she has her dream of being a celebrity on this prominent day(I have groom friends that are excellent planners still).

In Singapore, the estimated cost of a wedding is S$10k to up to a S$100k, depending on your budget. My mind is already screaming,” This is some exorbitant shit” Let say a videographer captured all your kisses and wishes, and he or she cost S$1500 on average.

Below is the percentage of a videographer cost over the estimated cost of a wedding which is S$50k:

(S$1500/S$50000) x 100 = 3%

However, if there are no videographers present on an actual day, are we actually risking S$50k or more to have no footages of what we have planned for years for just 3% of the cost price?

Don’t believe me?

read more

Junior Member Hersheykisses is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    completely agree with what you said. That's why we're looking for our videographer now