4months preparation enough?

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member chrislongcoos is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

4months preparation enough?

He just proposed and I say "yes I do"
    The next moment we decided to hold the wedd in year of dragon which is just left about 4 months for preparation. Not sure if we can get everything done in 4 months? I am a bit lost now as don't know where to look for a bridal studio and venue.

Would appreciate if anyone who can give me some comment and advise. Thks in advanced

ZSW
    Member ZSW is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Congrats!
    Well 4 months should be enough if you are looking to do a simple one with just close friends and relatives. If you want a bigger one with wedding dinner and all, it will be tough as most hotel ballrooms are fully booked one year in advance.
    Also make sure you dont have to follow any auspicious date, then you can choose the unpopular dates for your venue.
    As for BS, you can walk down Tanjong Pagar or search for roadshows. The packages offered are normally quite good. And make sure before you sign, you go down to the studio and try on the gowns to see if they are your style. No point in signing up for a cheap one but realise there's none you like.
    Also, if your date is unpopular, chances are the gowns, makeup artist, photographer, videographer will be available.

Alternatively, you can do your ROM first and hold your banquet next year. This gives you more time. But note that popular hotels are already fully booked for 2013 too. I have a friend who wants to hold her wedding dinner at Conrad and the likes, next year in June/July and it's fully booked.

For ROM, you just go to ROM website and look at the instructions.

Most imptly find out from your parents what they are expecting..

Junior Member chrislongcoos is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi ZSW,

Thank you so much for the information, it is really help a lots. Yes we are going to hold a small wedding event about 100-120, been looking ard the hotel function room but those are still available did not meet our requirement. Hopefully we can get one very soon.

As for the BS, yes we intent to go down to Tg. Pagar this wkend to take a look. Digio and Amanda Lee is in our list and hopefully the price is not too exp. Thks for your comments about "try on the gowns to see if they are your style". I did not know the gown can try before payment of deposit :0)

As for the AD photographer and MUA, any recommendation?

ZSW
    Member ZSW is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    AD photographer you can check out U n I productions. Adrian the photographer is a friend of my hubby and we used him for our ROM day. We were comfortable with him and like his style so decided to go with him for our AD too.

MUA, normally comes with the BS. Yup previously i also didn't know i can try till i went down to the studio and the person told me. We went with La Belle and the package cost us $3588 last year. Prices might be higher this year but i heard from them that in Dec, they have abt 80 couples getting married so they might be too busy..

I didn't go DiGio and Amanda Lee so not too sure about their prices.

Jep
    Member Jep is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislongcoos View Post
    He just proposed and I say "yes I do"
    The next moment we decided to hold the wedd in year of dragon which is just left about 4 months for preparation. Not sure if we can get everything done in 4 months? I am a bit lost now as don't know where to look for a bridal studio and venue.

Would appreciate if anyone who can give me some comment and advise. Thks in advanced
    Hi Chris! Congrats on your wedding! It's pretty rush for 4mths but it really depends on how complex you want your wedding to be.

Very first of all, you need to secure your wedding venue. Like ZSW mentioned, hotel are usually booked one year in advance. Unless you can do it on weekdays

As for the bridal shoot, I not sure if they can deliver the album before your wedding to show it to your guest, cos by the time u choose ur bridal then your gown, it will probably left with 2mths and they usual need at least 2mths to get your images edited and printed on album.

I would suggest doing a rom lunch, easier to get a venue, and usually can do without the album so you can do the shoot after that.

As for photographer and mua, mua usually provided by bridal studio like ZSW mentioned, for photographer, I have pm-ed you the photographer that I signed up with. You can consider as well

Junior Member tien02 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thank you for sharing

Member roselle is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah. Four months is enough time to prepare a wedding.

Member orangeball is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it depends on the type of wedding that you want. you might have a difficult time finding for the things that you need.

Junior Member Undefinedling is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yes. Should be enough. Have a blissful wedding

Member raindance is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i suggest you get a wedding planner to help you in preparing for you wedding.

Member missanalee is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you can still plan a wedding in 4 months but you have to move real fast to complete every detail.