Actual Day Photographers, Makeup, Hairdo, Gowns only! Any recommendations?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member sarahyong79 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Actual Day Photographers, Makeup, Hairdo, Gowns only! Any recommendations?

HI, Im new to this forum and planning to get married in September - December 2014.

Since Im thinking about keeping it simple, I wanted to skip everything and just focus on the actual day. (Dad asked for it cos traditional)

So we are doing a solemnization and sit down dinner together in one evening.
    No gate crashing, no photo album.. keeping it simple.

But I realized after a while, its a bit difficult to look for stuff without packages so Im hoping for some advise here:
    1. Photographer: Any one got any recommendations for AD photographers? Ill only need for half a day. Any idea about price?

2. Makeup and Hairdo: for actual day evening again

3. Gowns: This is the trickest part. I dont want spend too much to get a gown so Im looking at small bouquets with small packages like Gown + Suit kind...
    Any recommendations and ideas?

4. Lastly venue. Does anyone know a good venue for a table of 80 - 100 people?

Sorry for the long post and will appreciate any help.
    Thanks a lot all!

Junior Member lem0n is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    You may want to try Crystal D @ hougang green.

I got a quote from Aunty Doris but not sure if that's the best thou.

Junior Member lem0n is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Lingo,

Care to share how much he quoted for the above ?

Junior Member crownbaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi,

For Photography, can try 7Arandanos - Blueberries Wedding Photography -
    http://www.7arandanos.com
    Or facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/7Arand...80319695363184

Good luck!

Inactive Member Camelya is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Recommend my mua Ice, here her contact 81996880

goodluck!

Junior Member sxting1987 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I would recommend Multifolds Photography.
    They have package with Amanda Lee Weddings

Junior Member babylana is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm a Sept 2013 btb too!!!

check out my blog:

http://desandnicjourneyoflove.blogspot.sg/

Member clarajj is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Lingo

May i know if you have his quotations etc? I'm looking for AD photographer or videographer.

my email is clara.jaimie@gmail.com

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lingo View Post
    Hi all,

Would like to recommend my VG from Red Pigeon Studio! You may also view his works at vimeo.com/user5338509/videos or email him at info@redpigeon.com.sg

highly recommended! ^^

Member Prada is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by clarajj View Post
    Hi Lingo

May i know if you have his quotations etc? I'm looking for AD photographer or videographer.

my email is clara.jaimie@gmail.com

thank you
    Just had my ROM last year and I think my VG and PG did a great job. Their cameras are good and their editing.. haha.. can make me slimmer! That is what I wanted! lol..

fhm
    Junior Member fhm is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi,

not too sure whether budget is a concern for you all but it is for me. So was very glad when I came across quite a gem of a photographer, Qiang, after being sister for one of my friend's wedding in December and he was the photographer. End up for my upcoming full day AD photo package in Oct 13, I managed to secure a deal with him that cost me <$1k, and yet quality looks very good as saw from the wedding he did from my friend as well as his past portfolios. He's with a small boutique photography company called windtree phography (www.windtreephotgraphy.com), think that's why he can quote so attractive price, because the overheads are low, and the company does not really advertise, so far most of their assignment are through referrals only. Qiang is very chatty and friendly, making an effort to really know us, so it makes you feel at ease and that you are in good hands, totally not pushy and domineering, which I feel is very important. Think main thing is you really have to be comfortable and communicate openly with the photographer to bring out the best shots for the day, and I feel Qiang is able to do that for me. Actually Before meeting him, I was sourcing out for photographers, either googled or went to bridal shows but so far my feel is that they all very pushy commercial and hard sell which I totally don't like.

The charges that I managed to get, as mentioned, amounted to less than $1k, and not like other photographers who price low and have many hidden costs and additional charges for simple add on services, he actually agreed to most of my 'special requests' like additional coffeetable book, potentially more than 10 hours shooting etc!! what's more, he's also giving me a fully complimentary outdoor weddbg photoshoot at fort canning which he usually charges $600+ if people approach him a la carte!! (try negotiate for that if you can, it's the ultimate deal sweetener, somemore the photos in the photoshoot can showcase in AD wedding!) ;p

main thing I feel is that qiang is a very dedicated photographer who only wants to do his craft well, not like many of the other pushy photographers I have come across and I really like that, that's why im so willing to recommend, feel such good photographers are really gems and truly deserve more exposure. You could PM me for his direct contact. Suggestion is better to meet up with them so that you can see all their works and package options, most they don't display online, and discuss on what exactly you have in mind, and they will customize a really good yet affordable package for you. Hope this helps! cheers!

PS off topic abit, if anyone knows good place to do mani and pedi for AD wedding, do let me know, will be best if can be <$100! my friend recommended manicurious at bugis not too sure if they are really good and price to me abit steep at $120.

Junior Member kentroy25 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    This was the good post to know about the good photographer..

Kxh
    Junior Member Kxh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by fhm View Post
    hi,

not too sure whether budget is a concern for you all but it is for me. So was very glad when I came across quite a gem of a photographer, Qiang, after being sister for one of my friend's wedding in December and he was the photographer. End up for my upcoming full day AD photo package in Oct 13, I managed to secure a deal with him that cost me <$1k, and yet quality looks very good as saw from the wedding he did from my friend as well as his past portfolios. He's with a small boutique photography company called windtree phography (www.windtreephotgraphy.com), think that's why he can quote so attractive price, because the overheads are low, and the company does not really advertise, so far most of their assignment are through referrals only. Qiang is very chatty and friendly, making an effort to really know us, so it makes you feel at ease and that you are in good hands, totally not pushy and domineering, which I feel is very important. Think main thing is you really have to be comfortable and communicate openly with the photographer to bring out the best shots for the day, and I feel Qiang is able to do that for me. Actually Before meeting him, I was sourcing out for photographers, either googled or went to bridal shows but so far my feel is that they all very pushy commercial and hard sell which I totally don't like.

The charges that I managed to get, as mentioned, amounted to less than $1k, and not like other photographers who price low and have many hidden costs and additional charges for simple add on services, he actually agreed to most of my 'special requests' like additional coffeetable book, potentially more than 10 hours shooting etc!! what's more, he's also giving me a fully complimentary outdoor weddbg photoshoot at fort canning which he usually charges $600+ if people approach him a la carte!! (try negotiate for that if you can, it's the ultimate deal sweetener, somemore the photos in the photoshoot can showcase in AD wedding!) ;p

main thing I feel is that qiang is a very dedicated photographer who only wants to do his craft well, not like many of the other pushy photographers I have come across and I really like that, that's why im so willing to recommend, feel such good photographers are really gems and truly deserve more exposure. You could PM me for his direct contact. Suggestion is better to meet up with them so that you can see all their works and package options, most they don't display online, and discuss on what exactly you have in mind, and they will customize a really good yet affordable package for you. Hope this helps! cheers!

PS off topic abit, if anyone knows good place to do mani and pedi for AD wedding, do let me know, will be best if can be <$100! my friend recommended manicurious at bugis not too sure if they are really good and price to me abit steep at $120.
    Hi, can you send me the contact of your photographer thru kxh_xiaohui@hotmail.com. Thanks

Junior Member Lynette47 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi,

Hi fhm,

Would be great if you can share with me the contacts too!

Thanks!

Junior Member Tantacho is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Try bluebay recommedation

Junior Member cang is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi,

Could you let me have Qiang's contact. I tried clicking on the website link but looks like the website has expired.
    Thanks! Celine

hi,