Actual Day Photographers, Makeup, Hairdo, Gowns only! Any recommendations?

sarahyong79

HI, Im new to this forum and planning to get married in September - December 2014.

Since Im thinking about keeping it simple, I wanted to skip everything and just focus on the actual day. (Dad asked for it cos traditional)

So we are doing a solemnization and sit down dinner together in one evening.
No gate crashing, no photo album.. keeping it simple.

But I realized after a while, its a bit difficult to look for stuff without packages so Im hoping for some advise here:
1. Photographer: Any one got any recommendations for AD photographers? Ill only need for half a day. Any idea about price?

2. Makeup and Hairdo: for actual day evening again

3. Gowns: This is the trickest part. I dont want spend too much to get a gown so Im looking at small bouquets with small packages like Gown + Suit kind...
Any recommendations and ideas?

4. Lastly venue. Does anyone know a good venue for a table of 80 - 100 people?

Sorry for the long post and will appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot all!

lem0n

You may want to try Crystal D @ hougang green.

I got a quote from Aunty Doris but not sure if that's the best thou.

fhm

hi,

not too sure whether budget is a concern for you all but it is for me. So was very glad when I came across quite a gem of a photographer, Qiang, after being sister for one of my friend's wedding in December and he was the photographer. End up for my upcoming full day AD photo package in Oct 13, I managed to secure a deal with him that cost me <$1k, and yet quality looks very good as saw from the wedding he did from my friend as well as his past portfolios. He's with a small boutique photography company called windtree phography (www.windtreephotgraphy.com), think that's why he can quote so attractive price, because the overheads are low, and the company does not really advertise, so far most of their assignment are through referrals only. Qiang is very chatty and friendly, making an effort to really know us, so it makes you feel at ease and that you are in good hands, totally not pushy and domineering, which I feel is very important. Think main thing is you really have to be comfortable and communicate openly with the photographer to bring out the best shots for the day, and I feel Qiang is able to do that for me. Actually Before meeting him, I was sourcing out for photographers, either googled or went to bridal shows but so far my feel is that they all very pushy commercial and hard sell which I totally don't like.

The charges that I managed to get, as mentioned, amounted to less than $1k, and not like other photographers who price low and have many hidden costs and additional charges for simple add on services, he actually agreed to most of my 'special requests' like additional coffeetable book, potentially more than 10 hours shooting etc!! what's more, he's also giving me a fully complimentary outdoor weddbg photoshoot at fort canning which he usually charges $600+ if people approach him a la carte!! (try negotiate for that if you can, it's the ultimate deal sweetener, somemore the photos in the photoshoot can showcase in AD wedding!) ;p

main thing I feel is that qiang is a very dedicated photographer who only wants to do his craft well, not like many of the other pushy photographers I have come across and I really like that, that's why im so willing to recommend, feel such good photographers are really gems and truly deserve more exposure. You could PM me for his direct contact. Suggestion is better to meet up with them so that you can see all their works and package options, most they don't display online, and discuss on what exactly you have in mind, and they will customize a really good yet affordable package for you. Hope this helps! cheers!

PS off topic abit, if anyone knows good place to do mani and pedi for AD wedding, do let me know, will be best if can be <$100! my friend recommended manicurious at bugis not too sure if they are really good and price to me abit steep at $120.

Kxh

hi,

not too sure whether budget is a concern for you all but it is for me. So was very glad when I came across quite a gem of a photographer, Qiang, after being sister for one of my friend's wedding in December and he was the photographer. End up for my upcoming full day AD photo package in Oct 13, I managed to secure a deal with him that cost me <$1k, and yet quality looks very good as saw from the wedding he did from my friend as well as his past portfolios. He's with a small boutique photography company called windtree phography (www.windtreephotgraphy.com), think that's why he can quote so attractive price, because the overheads are low, and the company does not really advertise, so far most of their assignment are through referrals only. Qiang is very chatty and friendly, making an effort to really know us, so it makes you feel at ease and that you are in good hands, totally not pushy and domineering, which I feel is very important. Think main thing is you really have to be comfortable and communicate openly with the photographer to bring out the best shots for the day, and I feel Qiang is able to do that for me. Actually Before meeting him, I was sourcing out for photographers, either googled or went to bridal shows but so far my feel is that they all very pushy commercial and hard sell which I totally don't like.

The charges that I managed to get, as mentioned, amounted to less than $1k, and not like other photographers who price low and have many hidden costs and additional charges for simple add on services, he actually agreed to most of my 'special requests' like additional coffeetable book, potentially more than 10 hours shooting etc!! what's more, he's also giving me a fully complimentary outdoor weddbg photoshoot at fort canning which he usually charges $600+ if people approach him a la carte!! (try negotiate for that if you can, it's the ultimate deal sweetener, somemore the photos in the photoshoot can showcase in AD wedding!) ;p

main thing I feel is that qiang is a very dedicated photographer who only wants to do his craft well, not like many of the other pushy photographers I have come across and I really like that, that's why im so willing to recommend, feel such good photographers are really gems and truly deserve more exposure. You could PM me for his direct contact. Suggestion is better to meet up with them so that you can see all their works and package options, most they don't display online, and discuss on what exactly you have in mind, and they will customize a really good yet affordable package for you. Hope this helps! cheers!

PS off topic abit, if anyone knows good place to do mani and pedi for AD wedding, do let me know, will be best if can be <$100! my friend recommended manicurious at bugis not too sure if they are really good and price to me abit steep at $120.
Hi, can you send me the contact of your photographer thru kxh_xiaohui@hotmail.com. Thanks

Lynette47

hi,

Hi fhm,

Would be great if you can share with me the contacts too!

Thanks!

cang

Hi,

Could you let me have Qiang's contact. I tried clicking on the website link but looks like the website has expired.
Thanks! Celine

hi,

cang

Anyone know of any good recommendation to get a MTM lace cheongsam which is not too expensive.
So far I understand it costs more than $1k to get a 3/4 length cheongsam.

wafflegirl

under one tree media is my favorite for the actual day photographer. they capture really special moments not only with the bride and groom but the other guests too.

waffle

For AD PG and ROM
I recommend mackiefoto.

Www.facebook.com/mackiefoto

All my bestfriends booked her for wedding .she is very accomodating, friendly and price is very affordable less than $800.
I also booked her for my own wedding this yr

dianawilson

Inactive Member
You can try Flamingo Bridal. It is a nice store which is having a fine collection of wedding gowns, accessories, shoes and provide a great hairdo, make up and photography service.