Actual day wedding photographers

mandylim

ask a friend to photograph your wedding.. a friend with a nice camera, DSLR as much as possible.

Actually, personally I don't recommend that due to following reasons:

1) I don't expect to ask me friend shoot for free (even if I have such friend). I will still give a token, which probably enough to top up for a budget freelancer.
2) I would prefer my friend to attend my wedding as a guest instead of having the pressure or stress that he/she has to cover the photography of my actual day.
3) These days, hi-spec cameras or DSLR are so common. Even my nephew in Sec 1 owns a Canon 5D Mark 3. Having good camera =/= good photos. Most people with those camera doesn't shoot for events. I would not want to risk that on my actual day once & only wedding.

There are quite a number of photog around which charge reasonably. Many are freelancer or Standalone business. They usually charge cheaper as they don't have to deal too much on branding, advertising etc. I would say a decent one for a standard 10 hours, costs around $1000 - $1600.

No doubt one can still find those $600-800 ones. But that's up to your own judgement whether they can deliver to your expectation.
Photography is an art, so it's subjective to each individually. Charge low doesn't mean not good, Charge high might not be good too.
Just bear in mind, it is always better to find someone who has quite some experience at least, to cover actual day wedding events.

yhendry

hello, any photographer available for 26 Jan 2018 Solemnisation (it would be a 3 hours package), let me know your offer, thanks. I'm contactable at 97557746. yudy.