Advice on ROM (PG, MUA, Caterers are welcome to PM me)

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member larryyshan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Advice on ROM (PG, MUA, Caterers are welcome to PM me)

Dear BTBs,

I am new here and also still learning about the ROM processes. Need you girls' help on certain issues, as my ROM is in early March.

Venues
    Besides condo's function rooms, does anyone knows where else can I get a budget of $100 for any venue?

To cut the story short, we actually intended to book a function room at a friend's condo, but fiance thinks that it looks too cheapo.

Makeup Artist
    Does anyone has any recommendation of any MUA? My budget is about $150-200. Freelance MUA are welcome to PM me.

Photographer
    We will be starting at about 11am with the snacks & dessert bar. Solemnisation will only start about 12 noon & lunch will be served only at 1pm. The whole event will end at 3pm. Do you think I should go for 2hrs or 4hrs for photography? Fiance thinks that there is nothing much to take from 11am - 12pm and 1-2pm as people will be busy eating. Any advice?

Also, does anyone has recommendation of PG at the budget of $100/hrs? PG are welcome to PM me too.

Caterers
    As mentioned earlier, we will be doing a snack cum dessert bar at 11am, while lunch will be served at 1pm. We are expecting a total of 105 guests. How many pax should I order? Mum is telling me that for every 3 guests, I should order 2 pax, so that it will not be too much. FMIL says that is too little, every 6pax, order 5 pax will do. Can any experienced BTB advise me?

I am looking at a budget of $10/pax for caterers. Recommendations would be great!

Junior Member larryyshan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Help please, anyone?

Member spottydotty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    for the venue, why don't try checking out some of the venues in this site. for the photographer and MUA, maybe you can go to a bridal shop or boutique and consult about their packages. as far as i know, most boutiques have both photographers and mua in their package as well as the other perks. for the caterer, maybe you should do it together while you're searching for a venue for your rom. go to a hotel that offers their own catering service. i think you'll be able to save more on that