Ang bao box

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ang bao box

CMF
    Junior Member CMF is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Ang bao box

Normally in a wedding, how many Ang pao box will be placed at the reception? Cos my fiancé instead only one Ang pao box but I wonder how about the bride family? ;(

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Normally in a wedding, how many Ang pao box will be placed at the reception? Cos my fiancé instead only one Ang pao box but I wonder how about the bride family? ;(
    There are 3 ways of collection

1) the main Ang pao box at the reception is usually where most of the Ang pao will go.

2) the father or mother of the groom will collect and keep the Ang bao

3) the father or mother of the bride will collect and keep the Ang bao

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kpi View Post
    There are 3 ways of collection

1) the main Ang pao box at the reception is usually where most of the Ang pao will go.

2) the father or mother of the groom will collect and keep the Ang bao

3) the father or mother of the bride will collect and keep the Ang bao
    meaning to say to have 1 angbao each for the bride & groom side of guests when they arrive @ reception?

Junior Member desmondteo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    u mean all the ang baos will be collected and kept by the mothers and fathers?

Senior Member Charissa26 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Sometimes when relatives see the parents, they will just pass it to the parents. For what i know, some bride's parents will keep the hong bao from the female side but of course before hand they will have to negotiate during the parents meet up session to see hw many tables the groom family giving the female side. Some parents received the hong bao and oso slot it into the hong bao box. Depends on individual, actually one is enough because ultimately the couple oso need to count and record the $$. Unless very free to do two?? :p

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Charissa26 View Post
    Sometimes when relatives see the parents, they will just pass it to the parents. For what i know, some bride's parents will keep the hong bao from the female side but of course before hand they will have to negotiate during the parents meet up session to see hw many tables the groom family giving the female side. Some parents received the hong bao and oso slot it into the hong bao box. Depends on individual, actually one is enough because ultimately the couple oso need to count and record the $$. Unless very free to do two?? :p
    thats very the chim...so far been to weddings whereby i rmbt see 1 box each for the B & G side