Ang Baos for Brothers & Sisters(helpers)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Lipphi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Thumbsup Ang Baos for Brothers & Sisters(helpers)

Somebody care to disclose how much you all give for their help during ur AD?

Appreciate some inputs.

TIA

Member meiphenglove is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am thinking of $50 each. Is that too little mah? i hope not =x otherwise 10 helpers will be $1k if give $100 each.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    for brothers $50 seems abit much.. but it purely depends on how many bro u haf... I did asks around and it seems like common rate is $28.

for sisters, it depends on the gate crashing and how many sisters u haf.. my WTB has 8 so I'm thinking if 328 or 388.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wah~ i didn't know the market price for brothers are $28?

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If it's close friend, I dont think they will wanna take from you. My friends didnt ask me for anything for helping me out with my ROM and future AD to come. They told me that I don't have to give them anything cos we are really close. There's once I joke to them and ask them not to expect much during gate crashing (in the future) and they say that it doesnt really matter cos it's for the fun and mentioned about returning me the ang baos! Cos they think Im already spending alot and they should give me instead of me giving them.

But I guess I will give them something somehow. Be it red packet or small personalized gifts. Maybe try communicate with them and see what they think? If they are really ur close friends, you can talk directly to them

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    If it's close friend, I dont think they will wanna take from you. My friends didnt ask me for anything for helping me out with my ROM and future AD to come. They told me that I don't have to give them anything cos we are really close. There's once I joke to them and ask them not to expect much during gate crashing (in the future) and they say that it doesnt really matter cos it's for the fun and mentioned about returning me the ang baos! Cos they think Im already spending alot and they should give me instead of me giving them.

But I guess I will give them something somehow. Be it red packet or small personalized gifts. Maybe try communicate with them and see what they think? If they are really ur close friends, you can talk directly to them
    ya.. is juz a token of appreciation and is the fun dat dey enjoy. however, I read in forum that some gave close to $100 for each bro and I was thinking that if I got 8-10 bro then wouldnt be spending close to 1K.

we still nid to factor in other costs for children during tea ceremony etc.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    wah~ i didn't know the market price for brothers are $28?
    is up to individual but from the source I gathered among my frens who have married, this is the range

Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ehh girls... can we just list down wat are the angpows tat we need to prepare?

bros angpow
    jiemei angpow (gate crash)
    open car door angpow
    emcee angpow
    helper's angpow
    angpow for younger family member who's gonna giv u tea

what else ah????

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think some of the ang baos that you mentioned can actually combined. Cos jiemeis and bro cant be ur emcee and helpers. Others may include
    1) JP
    2) Band - if you are asking ur friends to help out
    3) Additional for photographer? Up to individual I guess. But I think if the photographers are really doing a good job, I dont mind giving them additional.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    angpow for restaurant/banquet service staff? I mean mayb gif 1 lump sum and they divide among themselves

Member geraldineyap is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    oh...$28 for brothers? i've heard of $50 - $80 per person at least...but i guess it's just meant to be a token so it's not really the amount that matters?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I guess I'll juz gif based on my budget

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipphi View Post
    angpow for restaurant/banquet service staff? I mean mayb gif 1 lump sum and they divide among themselves
    Lipphi you must be a very kind person and the service staff will love you... from what know, I have never hear any of my friends or relatives giving angpow to the service staff. but if you really want to give I think will be the max to the coordinator who help you out that night la.

as for angpow for younger family member who serving you tea, unless you yourself got lots of younger brothers and sisters if not then should not be a problem. BUT some family pratice that the bridegroom will give angpow to those younger family members or kids at their house when they go back to jin cha. check this out with your parents will be good.

xiong di's angpow $28 to $50 will be good enough la. if you scare too little end of the day if you make a profit out from your dinner then date them out for dinner again to thank them lor. i believe when they agree to help out is not for the money its more for the fun and laughter la. and if you are worried that you need to spend too much angpow money then restrain yourself from asking too many xiong di lor

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Thumbup

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    Lipphi you must be a very kind person and the service staff will love you... from what know, I have never hear any of my friends or relatives giving angpow to the service staff. but if you really want to give I think will be the max to the coordinator who help you out that night la.

as for angpow for younger family member who serving you tea, unless you yourself got lots of younger brothers and sisters if not then should not be a problem. BUT some family pratice that the bridegroom will give angpow to those younger family members or kids at their house when they go back to jin cha. check this out with your parents will be good.

xiong di's angpow $28 to $50 will be good enough la. if you scare too little end of the day if you make a profit out from your dinner then date them out for dinner again to thank them lor. i believe when they agree to help out is not for the money its more for the fun and laughter la. and if you are worried that you need to spend too much angpow money then restrain yourself from asking too many xiong di lor
    haha.. thanks, I get info from my frens who did gif angpow to the service staff so I tot it is a common practice.

anyway, thanks for the input

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah Lipphi you sound like a really generous person. Most people i know don't give ang paos to the wedding banquet service staff though it will be nice to. a separate helpers' gathering after the wedding will be another way to thank your helpers.