Any brides regretted having a too simple ROM/wedding? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Charissa26 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerika View Post
    Hi all, im facing the same problem as me n my bf is going to get married 2014 and ROM in 2013 Jan first. I do so is coz i wanna save more $ for renov the hse and get a roof over our head before the trad wedding dinner. money is still the main concern i guess. i do not wanna have debts before our wedding and ended up quarrelling all day long.

So for me, my rom will be at the ROM place den simple both side family for lunch in Jan 2013.
    Wedding dinner will be in 2014 and planned next year ba.. like this, we have more time to save more $ for a nicer and grander wedding if i ever regret about the rom.. haha..
    Me too having ROM lunch at paradise pavilion in Jan 2013 followed by banquet in 2014.. Cos 2013 ROM only for immediate family only 1 table and i knew i confirm will regret if i dun hv banquet..

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Most hotel is able to combine wedding dinner and ROM together.
    Do note: not all hotels provide this service.

The trick is to ROM around 6.30pm and start the cocktail at 7pm, finally the wedding dinner will start at 8pm.

Junior Member holidayyo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndlex View Post
    actually for my wedding, even though i have a banquet etc, the cost of the banquet is the less of my worry, cos if you'll not choosing an extremely luxurious hotel, mostly you can cover with the ang pow your frens and family give.

it's the cost of other things that i see people spent on bridal packages, actual day videography etc that'll kill the budget.

what i did was all DIY and ala carte. From getting dresses from small home-based gown provider http://thedress.biz/, evening gown and tea dress from seamstress, hubby suit tailor made at Bangkok, did our own decor of our own car, simple bouquets with flowers purchase from far east flora, studio pictures by photographer fren. That in all cost me less than $1,500

we still get to keep the gowns and suit and very nice memories

That's so cool! Especially the part where you get to keep the gown and suit for memories.

My fiance insist that we should get the gown and suit for sentimental reason and I think I am getting more incline to this idea.

Congrats btw

Junior Member jjgan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    The wedding is for a day but marriage is for life; simple is best if you are on a tight budget. No point being in debt for a long period for one day's event!

Junior Member PrincessYue is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jojodz View Post
    Once in a life time experience, money can earn back. Plan with too much restrictions spoil the wedding mood.
    I love your saying.
    That is what I feel too when I am not a btb.
    But now I am, I feel also the same as most doubts.. in so many doubts..
    becoz i feel usually for ladies character.. if they do not get the thing they want..few yrs down the road, they will still nag over this.

I hear alot of my guy friends talking abt it.. e.g. honeymoon brought them to Thailand only and complained all their life.. well maybe most of us also do so.. just that we nv realized.. so headache in choosing the location now

Member jollybee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my wedding was like that to. simple and intimate yet very special. .

Member missdessie is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    No. Not really. A simple wedding can still be special and unforgettable.

Junior Member xingapore is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Nope... ROM simple save money

Member fudgeebarr is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Not really. we also had a simple wedding and me and my hubby liked it since it was solemn just like how we wanted it to be. going on a grand wedding is just too pricey.

Senior Member purplewings is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    my wedding was a very simple one witnessed by people we love and for me that was very special and something i would never regret

Senior Member sunflora is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Weddings are between you and your partner, what's more important is that both of you are happy Enjoy the special moment between the two of you and don't let these small issues get in the way! Big wedding, small wedding, doesn't really matter at the end of the day

Junior Member yinrong89 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Well, why not? Since we'll get to have a intimate celebration with our love ones. ..

Senior Member ladymarie is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    not really. we had a simple wedding, but we liked it very much because it was more intimate

Senior Member emmaswan is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i never really regretted having a simple wedding. we were starting a family so it's not ideal to spend too much... i'd rather we save the money for the future.

Junior Member Pinkcamel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Actually i wanted to do a simple and personal beach wedding. But my parents are also traditional and insisted i did it indoors in a ballroom.

But i really like nature and the beach and wanted a more cosy and relax setting. In end, we compromised, held it at Raffles Marina Yatch Club which was really beautiful in the sunset. I also had a nautical beach theme in the indoor ballroom, with lovely beach decor at the reception area, tables and stage. My guests all enjoyed and found it memorable and relaxing.

My advice to u is try to be creative to compromise your ideas with what your parents want. Wedding event is only once in a lifetime, and supposed to be special and meaningful and a reflection of who u are and ur relationship. Have a happy wedding process!