Any one knows anything about the 安床 and 纳彩 process?

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member PatChan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Any one knows anything about the 安床 and 纳彩 process?

I'm getting more and more confused on this procedures!
    The Geomacy Master's given me a booklet which says, 安床 have to go first and on the same night there must be someone to sleep on the bed.

But the senior are explaining to me that 安床 (3 days before customary) must carry out only after 纳彩 is done, and that no one else should enter the room or sleep on the bed till the day of marriage.

Any one have any idea which should come first???

Junior Member NicoleFeng is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    安床 simply refers to the installation of bridal bed. It is important to choose an auspicious date and time to install the bridal bed as a new branch of the family is starting soon! Some food and fruits that symbolise good fortune will be placed on the bed. Thereafter the bed will be left untouched until the wedding day.

Normally, a good fortune woman, one whose husband and children are all alive and has grandchildren, may install the bridal bed. The bridal bed is moved slightly to symbolize its installation. The good fortune woman will make the bed with the new set of bridal bed linen.

After making the bed, the good fortune woman will leave on the following items on a plate. There are:

- Dried Red Dates - 红枣 (Signify 早) - meaning bless the marriage with sweetness
    - Peanuts - 花生 (Signify 生)
    - Dried Longans - 桂圆 (Signify - 贵) - meaning bless the marriage with sweetness
    - Lotus seeds - 莲子(Signify - 子)
    - Bulbs Lily - 百合 (Signify - 百年好合)
    - Even number of tangerines or oranges - meaning good fortune
    - Dried persimmons - meaning bless the marriage with sweetness
    - Pak hup [百合 - dried magnolia petals] stands for [百年好合] - meaning hundred years of harmony in the marriage
    - Sprigs of pomegranate leaves - meaning power to ward off evil
    - Two red packets - meaning good fortune

After placing the items on the bed, she will place 4 set of of Big & Small Yuan coin with twenty cents at 4 corners of bed under mattress.

In addition, a pair of bedside lamps will be lighted. In Chinese, lamp [灯 “deng”] has the similar sound as son [丁 “ding”]. So lighting the lamps [添灯] is symbolic of adding sons [添丁] to the family. These lamps are not to be turned off until wedding night

Immediately after installing the bridal bed or on the wedding day, little children are invited to roll on the bed to bless the couple with fertility. To encourage them to get on the bed, they are allowed to eat the sweet stuff on that plate which the good fortune woman has left on the bed.

This is referred to as [压床] ”ya chuang” or [翻床] “fan chuang”.

Remember to give red packets to the good fortune woman and children for their help.

Procedures to Follow:
    1) If groom's parents set up and position the bridal bed, the couple will have to give ang bao to each of them.
    2) If couple set up and position the bridal bed, no ang bao will be given to anybody.
    3) After everything set up, nobody is supposed to enter the master bedroom till the wedding day. If the groom want to sleep on it, he need a small boy to sleep with him. It is not wise to let him sleep alone as it signify the poor health for the other partner.
    4) Leave Xi plate with longans and other items on bed for 12 days.
    5) Boil water with longans and other items, then drink after 12 days. If fall short of 12 days, leave plate aside and boil with water once 12 days is up after customary.
    6) Keep 2 ang pows but not allow to use the money inside.
    7) Do not throw Yan Ji. Leave them there forever

There are Chinese Bridal Bed Taboos to take note:
    1) Except for children who are thought to bless the couple with fertility, no other adult should sit or rest on the bridal bed after its installation and before the chinese wedding.
    2) It is also taboo for the bride to lie on the bridal bed before the chinese wedding. It is believed that this will lead to her poor health.
    3) If the groom has to sleep on the installed bridal bed before the chinese wedding, he should be accompanied by a young boy.
    4) It is considered extremely unlucky to leave one side of the bed empty while the groom sleeps on the other side. The Taiwan chinese has a saying; [睏空舖,不死尪,亦死某] which means leaving one side of the bed empty is to curse death on either half of the new couple.

Junior Member PatChan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thank you Nicole! Does it mean that every other items have to be left on the bed untill the actual wedding day? i heard that 安床should be done 3 days before the AD.

Junior Member couple99 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi, my AD is coming up in dec and i need advice.... apart from preparing the above, anyone has performed cleansing on the wedding items? my friend suggested me to do it but i am not sure if anyone practise it...

Junior Member couple99 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by couple99 View Post
    hi, my AD is coming up in dec and i need advice.... apart from preparing the above, anyone has performed cleansing on the wedding items? my friend suggested me to do it but i am not sure if anyone practise it...
    something like using white sage to cleansing the wedding items including wedding ring? anyone have tried it and anyone knows if it is the one on sacredsagesg?

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    regarding the an chuang, supposed say couple's matrimonial home only ready next yr (i.e. BTO), the an chuang to be done at the place where the couple will be staying in the interim e.g. groom/bride's place?

Junior Member ldly2105 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My house will not be ready by my wedding, we will be renting outside, due to space constrain at home. So how do i go about for this an chuang thing? Besides that we will be checking into hotel the night before.

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1982 View Post
    regarding the an chuang, supposed say couple's matrimonial home only ready next yr (i.e. BTO), the an chuang to be done at the place where the couple will be staying in the interim e.g. groom/bride's place?
    anybody has advice????? help help help

Junior Member Brandothh1984 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can i check during 安床 if one pillow is place vertical and one pillow is place horizontal. Is there any meaning to it?

Anyone know?