Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Junior Member hhuifangg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It's a tragedy to read this!

Quote Originally Posted by pauline18 View Post
    MONEY CHEATED BY AGENT!

PLEASE READ MY ADVICE.

It has been long since my wedding and I am still receiving many enquires over my experience with K Wedding dream, the so-called Company which cheated my $.
    Once for all, I have decided to share my bad experience again, although it is still so hurting and frustrated whenever I think of the incident.
    Right now after my wedding, I think I wish to help the weds here by sharing some advises so that no more brides shall follow my wrong footstep.

I fancy Korean photos and makeup alot. So I went online to look for information and photos. Just like everyone, I did my research and found K Wedding dream online.
    Of course a few more others selling Korea photo shoot. When I compared the prices, K Wedding dream was offering very attractive or infact the lowest rates.
    Their photos shown on their website are very nice.

So I took belief in them and pay them the deposit of 50 percent of the package. About $1000 dollars without much hesitation.
    I even shared in this forum and promoted them.

Who knows, the person who coordinated with me went MIA! Suddenly the website went down, I could no longer contact the person via call and email.
    The few weeks were of worries and uncertainties and can anyone imagine the fear we have when we can't find the person.
    They have no shop in SG and where can we locate them?

I tried to ask around in the forum and no one can help me. I even went to the police station to make police reports and even the police can't do anything.
    Their first question to me was who was the person who aliased with me? The Company registration number. I was shocked and could make no answers because they are just foreigners!

I was naive to have just took belief in an agent, and a foreign agent. Probably 1 man show.
    Nobody know this could happen until it happens on us. I am a good example and not loosing only $ that me and my husband took every effort to save up for our wedding,
    our moods were spoilted and frankly speaking, I was down by this case for almost 2 months.
    I could hardly focus in work and life is miserable whenever I think of this bad experience. The memories just haunted me till today.

Guess you know the ending. I didn't realise my Korea photo shoot in the end.
    We left no more time to plan for the shoot and ended up doing in SG, which is my regret for the rest of my live.

I am really thankful to my friends and forum weds who comforted me during my low times.
    Therefore, today, I plucked my courage to write this experience again to share with everyone planning to go Korea or even planning your wedding.

1. Choose a Company instead of online or agents (1 man show)

2. Choose a Local firm instead

3. Choose Recognized Service providers
    Associations like Korea Tourism Organization is available to give advises and tips for Korea.
    I called them previously and they refer to their trusted bridal partners.
    But it was too late for me, I left no time and no budget to plan to the trip after I realized my money was gone already.

After sharing so much, I hope my advice will help.
    I learnt my lesson and indeed a hard one because it will always stay with me.

Junior Member crystall is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can anyone recommend the studio we should go to?

Junior Member AlvinIsaac is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Note for pre wedding shoot

Hi Guangyao. I'm also looking at Korea pre wedding shoot. Greatly need your advise and help. Just went for ztage not sure u have any tips or comment regarding them. Everything seem so good but at a cost of $4880 ex airtix.

Mind throwing your 3cents worth of tips to us?

Alvinkoh@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Guangyao View Post
    Anybody looking at Korean pre-wedding photoshoot? We have looked at many korean and singaporean coordinators over the past few months and I think we can compare notes if you like =)

Junior Member Guangyao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by crystall View Post
    Can anyone recommend the studio we should go to?
    Hi crystall,

Would highly recommend you to go with Ztage Wedding. Feel free to private msg me for more details!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ya please don't go for K Wedding or K Wedding Dream. Both companies don't seem reliable. Go for Ztage!

Junior Member Suannswan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Gosh Pauline.. so sorry to hear your story, but thanks for sharing. I went with Ztage, feel quite thankful that everything went smoothly and no problems at all! Really quite important to pick an established and reliable company for overseas shoots..

Junior Member ZombieBride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hhuifangg View Post
    Ya please don't go for K Wedding or K Wedding Dream. Both companies don't seem reliable. Go for Ztage!
    Are they the same company??

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It's another tragedy about Sophia Wedding running away with so many bride's money! Same case as Pauline when the Company are managed by foreigners again!
    Police reports, going to Case all can't help when they escaped back to their country from what I read on newspaper. One of my friend's friend is also the victim...
    She told me that many brides are affected and some lost so much money. The foreigners have same tactics to market explicitly for their low price, giving lots of freebies, lots of testimonials
    so as to lure the victims for signing up.
    And when the quantity builds up, they plotted and run away!

Junior Member evan123 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    <hhuifangg>
    I feel very worried too. Recently there are increasing number of overseas companies out to make money from us. It's so difficult to know which one is trustworthy.

I am also looking into Ztage and a few other companies. But I have some concerns after I read about Sophia Bridal dramatic case.

I think Ztage is also an overseas company coming from Hongkong or Korea right? Then if they run away, we have no chance to get our money back right?
    So did you sign up Ztage?

Junior Member rolandouh is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all, me and my wife-to-be recently sign a package with Ztage wedding. Reny, the salegirl is very friendly and very patient with us throughout our discussion. We were unsure about everything too since the sofia episode (I was at Sofia on Thursday before they closed on Sat), but Reny brief us thru and let us know what to expect with regards to the package they have offer us. Alot of item can be discussed and overall, we are quite pleased with what we get at the end of the day, and we are also very happy with Reny services. She try to fight for us the package that we wanted and spend time and effort in staying with us on a last min weekend meetup and a weekday after work meetup. She was not pushy and have been very helpful and patient with us even though we might have wanted to have more clear ideas. As for the package, what Reny did with us is that she discussed with us as of what we wants and how much we can afford. At the end of the day,I hoping for the best when we go for the photoshoot in April next year for the cherry blossoms.

As to if they run away or not, this i can said, no one can confirm at the end of the day. Can only hope for the best. But Ztage do have office in SG, HK and korea. Their main company is BACKZTAGE and Ztage wedding is only their subsidiaries. Backztage do work with our Singapore government before and also with Singpost and NUS. So i think it is safe to say they are here to stay. Do look for Reny if you really interested in going Korea. She is the reason why my Wife don't want to see others agency anymore. LOL!!!!

Junior Member xiaojojo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all. I was looking for a pre-wedding photoshoot in korea as well. because of the K wave , it has become so popular and of course it attracted me as well. however, because of the recent sophia case, i make sure i do my homework before i sign up with any bridal shop for my pre-wed photoshoot... since so many of you have mentioned about stage, i decided to look into it first and i actually had a meeting with them just recently.
    i found their website and Facebook, then i realised that they actually have branch in HK and Korea for quite a few years. I have browse their photos and comments on the forum bla3... so far i have not really seen any really bad comment about them! so aha! i decided to drop them a fb msg.

surprisingly... the response is almost instant! I'm like ok... then they took their initiative to offer me to make an appointment with them. during our meeting, other than seeing a lot of sample.. i make sure i asked a lot of questions about their company too!! because like many others couple we are worry being cheated!!!
    so i asked when did they start la.. how many years of experience la.. what are they doing la... why this why that la.... and well i believe the salesperson know the company very well. so aha! now i wan to share something that you might wan to know about stage and then u decide whther u wan to trust them anot!

the salesperson told me that they have been around for 10years.. I have so many question marks in my mind. but then what she mean is the main company BACKZTAGE has been around for 10years. and they are actually doing media thinngy like media mobile app bla3... and then i realise... they also mentioned that they have work for sketcher la.. sing post la.. MOM la.. bla3.. in my mind is hmmm... are you trying to bluff me o wad... then i go home and cont to do my research again! hahaha.. so apparently ya...what they said is true... well.. to me this is a very important point when come to choosing a bridal shop.

another plus point for people to trust them is they have their own people in korea to take care of their client. i have not been to korea at all, although i like kpop drama so much! hahaha... so i dun wan to go there and get lost!! with the their own staff in korea i think it will really help to ease my trip and i also feel more secure in that way.... a lot of people alrd mention about their package so i will just skip it.. so after all the consideration, me and bf feel that they are company that can be trusted and we end up sign up with them too!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    <rolandouh >

Thanks for assuring us Your post is comforting.

However after reading your post, I have more concerns arising too.

I didn't know Ztage is just a subsidiary business. In this way, will it have higher chance to be closed down?

Sorry, I have just worried about choosing the right Company for my wedding.

Although I feel better hearing they have projects with Singpost ....
    but what will happen if the projects are finished?

From reading, Sophia Bridal has many staffs and been in Singapore for long, but they also run back to their hometown just like that.
    Ztage is just shortly 1 year here in Singapore right and so much smaller establishment in Singapore.

My family keeping reminding me to avoid taking risk on overseas Companies
    since we can't stop them from going back to their home.

I am getting very insecure and confused now...
    I think I will still have to ask around for more opinions before I can decide.

Junior Member xiaojojo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi evan.. errr not sure if you have read my post... i actually did a lot of research and also ask them a lot of question. they are actually singapore company le. just that they branches in Hk and KR lo.. but no matter they are overseas company or not nothing can guarantee anything de la... every bridal shop also have the possibility of closing down or running away...

i was quite hesitate like you before i visit them. but after the discussion about the package and of course the company background, I'm more convinced to sign up with them. like what you and roland say... one of my reason to sign up with them is also because they also handle government project lo...

so perhaps you can do more research lo.. or you can visit them first and ask what you think you suppose to ask lo... maybe you talk to them face to face then you will know lo... different people may feel differently la.. but for me is ok.. you can read from my previous post..

so far my experience with them is ok. i have been bombarding them with a lot of question about my package just to make sure i keep contact with them. and so far they have answer my enquiry promptly and everything has been arrange nicely also...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi evan123,

I didn't think too much before Sophia wedding case, and I signed the package with Ztage. Come to think of it, I am in fear too because they asked for full payment before we could see our album.
    Recently they also shifted to new place just like Sophia Wedding... Don't know if the they have any internal financial problems a not... I am keeping my fingers crossed now...

Quote Originally Posted by evan123 View Post
    <hhuifangg>
    I feel very worried too. Recently there are increasing number of overseas companies out to make money from us. It's so difficult to know which one is trustworthy.

I am also looking into Ztage and a few other companies. But I have some concerns after I read about Sophia Bridal dramatic case.

I think Ztage is also an overseas company coming from Hongkong or Korea right? Then if they run away, we have no chance to get our money back right?
    So did you sign up Ztage?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    <hhuifangg>

You mean you are worried too? The owners of Ztage are foreigners, of course we need to be more careful in making hasty decision, although they have many reviews. Can you share more of your experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by hhuifangg View Post
    Hi evan123,

I didn't think too much before Sophia wedding case, and I signed the package with Ztage. Come to think of it, I am in fear too because they asked for full payment before we could see our album.
    Recently they also shifted to new place just like Sophia Wedding... Don't know if the they have any internal financial problems a not... I am keeping my fingers crossed now...