Any reviews on The Sentosa A Beaufort Hotel? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ya i intended to use the place initially, but i wasnt willing to take the risk of the food turning out erm.less than palatable. im not saying that it is not, but the lack of review of the place makes me a little apprehensive.

from what i understand from the coordinator, the food will be prepared by the banquet kitchen, so we cant even try the food (at our own expense) to help us in our decision. and it would be too late by the time the actual food tasting comes since we would have paid our deposit.

plus my fiance's parents are not very keen on the location so...

i decided to sign up w Grand Copthorne Waterfront during their wedding show on last Sun

no seaview, river view would do i guess haha

Junior Member alanthia is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks for sharing your opinions, jelly.

I'll be going to see the Sentosa this weekend, though the coordinator will not be around, so we'll just be seeing the place with no discussion. However, I've been told that the Grand Salon will look 'totally different' after the renovation, so not sure how useful a site visit now will be.

Junior Member sngger is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the entire ballroom or does anyone have a photo of the ballroom to share? The pictures on the website look great - seems like the ballroom is linked to an outdoor terrace. Also, was wondering if anyone knew the maximum capacity of the ballroom.

Thanks in advance.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    @alanthia, yup i intended to use Grand Salon and the terrace initially but have since booked my banquet with Grand Copthorne Waterfront.

Actually there wasnt anything unsatisfactory per se, as the coordinator is pretty helpful and her replies are pretty prompt. Perhaps I am just abit concerned with the quality of the food simply because there is a lack of good reviews (not that there are bad reviews 'bout the place). Another thing that sort of discouraged us from the Sentosa is the fact that when we went down for actual site recce (there's a wedding) some of their chair sashes, table sashes, table top stand for the table no. etc were missing, torn and not uniform respectively. From this, I feel that they are not very meticulous when it comes to details, especially the torn table sashes, not a good reflection i would say...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ooops, sorry for the latest post. didnt realize i have alrd posted a reply to @alanthia

Junior Member fandz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Is anybody aware of the Wedding Showcase held in Amara Sanctuary Sentosa this saturday, 24 Sept? Heard they are going to have Fengshui Talkup to for auspicious dates to share and ONe day special prices for wedding packages with good perks and special rates for their outdoor full glass pavilion (ROM) for any couple who booked with them that day. My friend who works there inform me there will be lucky draws and buffet/ signature dishes served during the fair. Anybody going? You can look for Zoulla there. I tried the food and is up to expectations. See to believe it.

Junior Member princess is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all,

really interested in having the wedding at capella, can anyone provide any details?

Junior Member TheGreatOne is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Alanthia,

I love outdoor wedding... Something different from the typical ones.. Recently, I just attended my friend's outdoor wedding lunch solemnization by Eventura Bliss at Sentosa Suburbia.. It was held in the garden. It was nice..

Member berrilicious is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all, anyone actually been to The Sentosa for a wedding/ event or site recce? Would love to hear about hte place cos i may be considering there for my AD.

Junior Member lauren is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all

Now i am disappointed to hear The Cliff does not hold solemnisation event. Any other nice venues to recommend? My ROM is in April and i haven't prepare anything yet.. i haven't look for a JP since the venue is still a ? *any advice?*

Junior Member junye is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    anybody knows the wedding package for 2012?

Junior Member rain33320032003 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all..

I have recently went for the site inspection in February and it was a pretty good experience. The assistant of the consultant arranged a date very soon after i sent them an email to enquire thr availability of date. The place has a very nice and resort feeling which I really love. Actually the sew view is not very obvious but I think the entire atmosphere is romantic enough. The consultant is definitely very helpful and prompt especially with my numerous emails for clarification and she will reply even on weekends as well. I signed with them a few days later after consideration and clarification through emails. So I'm really looking forward to it now.

Junior Member kengentry82 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, there!!! I am looking for wedding venues and some new fresh ideas for wedding. I am getting married in this June and we both are thinking about something special on our wedding. Any theme or special wedding location which we mesmerize in our whole life.

Junior Member Jooce is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all!

I've recently went to The Sentosa for a visit and I'm pretty impressed with the location. However I do have one concern which I'm still considering whether to sign up their package. I realize after speaking with the coordinator that they only have a standard PA system suitable for playing CDs but not suitable for live band music, which means the bands and performers have to bring their own amps. Did any of you brides had any such experience before you could share and advise? I'm really keen to have a wedding acoustic band playing during the wedding.

Junior Member themissmarvelous is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Beaufort garden villa

Would anyone happened to know if the garden villa is able to accomodate up to 50pax guests?