Any wedding banquet recommendations for hotels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Junior Member meihan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Any wedding banquet recommendations for hotels

I'm currently looking for some grand hotels for my 2012 wedding dinner. Any recommendations with reasonable price??

Senior Member jwjw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    what is the price range you are looking at per table and how many guests are you expecting?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm estimating around 25 to 30 tables which is 250 to 300 guests. If our price range is about $1300 (included service charge and GST) or less, do you have any recommendations for that?
    Appreciate your help.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Why not you provide me your email address? I send you a list of hotels which I have consolidated, which includes the price before/after gst and svc, ballrooms size, etc.. I guess it will be easier for you to shortlist too..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks alot!! my email add is icygal86@hotmail.com

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Dont mention! I have sent it to your email already.. Let me know if you need clarification k..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Okie!! Becos my parents and in laws wanted to find good hotel concept and currently I staying in the states I'm unable to view the hotels plus, they wanted to hold the wedding dinner at the end of the year. I will only be back in Singapore next year February.

So I'm trying my best to shortlist the most suitable ones for them to review. I believe that good hotel concept hotel doesnt mean the food will be perfectly great so if food is acceptable then I think it will be fine.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh what are you doing in the states? Hmmm, otherwise you will have to trust photos and leave the task to your parents/in-laws?

What is your budget like? Grand Hyatt's concept and food is good.. Four Season's ballroom and food is good too..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Sorry abt the late reply.. My internet server was down very badly.. my husband is working in the states and i came over to accompany him.. i did find some pictures but i am sure if the pictures are reliable..

So my budget is actually 40k for everything.. so i am not sure if this budget is enough...

Member kellytan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    with 40k budget, lets say each table is about 1.2k, (average hotel, including misc costs like svc and gst) you can have about 33 tables. your range is quite wide actually, there is quite a bit of financial room to play around with

Junior Member curiousgal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    meihan, if you are not particular about the status of the hotel, I would highly recommend holiday Inn Havelock road, it was a nice cosy room which can fit 25-30 tables..

Junior Member gemigemi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi JWJW,
    Could you send me yr list too? I am a BTB 2013, currently looking for a nice hotel ,budget about under $1100 per table.
    Really is a headache choosing a venue! Thks alot for yr help!
    my email gemitan@gmail.com

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    kellytan: thanks... cos i will only be back in singapore nex yr feb.. and we are kinda being push to hold our wedding dinner nex yr which they say it is a gd yr.. jus afraid tt we will be unable to find any gd hotel to hold the wedding dinner.. and we are estimating to have 25 tables..

curiousgal: my best fren had her wedding dinner at tt hotel this yr... i was unable to attend though.. but she said not bad.. but my in laws are wanted a grand hotel.. which i did show them the holiday inn hotel at havelock rd.. they dont look pleased to have a wedding dinner there.. so im having a problem abt this issue...

Junior Member tango is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, jwjw, would you mind sending me your consolidated list? my email is chanjunhua84@gmail.com

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    meihan - Sorry for the late reply! Was so busy at work! Ahhhh, States is super fun!!! My bf was there last year for work too and i went over for a couple of months, don't feel like coming back at all! Hoping for him to get posted there again! :p
    $40k for everything meaning just banquet? Or this budget is inclusive of everything like AD PG/VG, Bridal Packages, Ang Pow, misc? If you don't mind having lunch or on a weekday, i guess shouldn't be an issue, but for Saturdays, most hotels that i check are all taken after Chinese 7th month till December.. Grand hotels for 25 tables, perhaps can try Grand Hyatt, Raffles Hotel or Swissotel Stamford?

gemigemi - Hihi! I have sent you the list, sorry for the late!! My prices are for Saturdays dinner for end year 2012.. Some hotels' rates are valid till first quarter 2013, etc. Please check it out and make amendments accordingly k? Good for you to start so early, you can slowly view and decide.. Ya, venue is a headache!!! Do let me know if you need more help!

tango - Hello! Have sent it through to you already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast