Any wedding entertainment ideas?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Sherry is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Any wedding entertainment ideas?

Any brides here thinking of having fun entertainment for their wedding? i want my guests to enjoy themselves at my wedding, and not to just sit through a solemnization or dinner.. Did any brides have wedding entertainment or are planning to hire one?

I have a few which I thought of, live wedding band, photo booth, magician, ballroom dancers, acapella groups etc.. Brides who will be having entertainers at your wedding or have had before, do share your experiences!

Member geraldineyap is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i attended weddings whereby there was a live wedding band, photo booth where guests can pose with props provided, instant photography, dancers made up of friends of the parents of the couple since the parents themselves love to dance. i think may hv to depend on the theme of the wedding you are having so you can plan the entertainment too.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think it depends on the crowd you will have, the setting, the things you like, and your theme. for example, if there are alot of kids that will be there, then magicians or balloon sculptors may be good. if it's a older crowd with mostly your parents' friends and relatives, then maybe songs or musical performances would be better.

photobooths are the most common, for people to entertain themselves before the start of the banquet. these can be custoamized to your wedding theme, with some props that speak for your theme would be good. some hotels give discounted rates (or complimentary) for 2-man band playing at the cocktail area, to entertain your guests during the cocktail. during the banquet, you can request your emcee to play some games, be entertaining, add some jokes etc.

If you have friends who can sing or perform, you can invite them to perform too. performance by someone you know would be more meaningful. can even consider your own parents to sing a song!

another common thing to have is family/friends to give a speech to the newlyweds. those can be entertaining too!

Senior Member cheesecake is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    family/friends to give a speech to the newlyweds! This is a good idea i would say.

Well, I will be getting my music friends to do unplugged session for my wedding dinner.
    I'm appreciative over their offer to help. So, i will give them ang pow to show my appreciation lah.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    family/friends to give a speech to the newlyweds! This is a good idea i would say.

Well, I will be getting my music friends to do unplugged session for my wedding dinner.
    I'm appreciative over their offer to help. So, i will give them ang pow to show my appreciation lah.
    yeah the speech would be meaningful. i will be asking my boss to do it! hehe

yesyes.. do remember to give angbaos to the people who perform at your wedding. unless if they're hired, or if they did it impromptu..

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    giving a speech is v meaningful thing...adds so much to the wedding... oh but if you hv frens playing at the dinner, will you need to pay extra to the hotel? coz sometimes i think they will ask you to pay for the extra set up wor...especially if u need to use their sound system..?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by kimchoo View Post
    giving a speech is v meaningful thing...adds so much to the wedding... oh but if you hv frens playing at the dinner, will you need to pay extra to the hotel? coz sometimes i think they will ask you to pay for the extra set up wor...especially if u need to use their sound system..?
    it depends on the hotel, and what you need. if you need to rent extra sounds sytem or mikes etc, then yes you will have to payfor the rental and extra wiring. but if you can make do with the default sound system and number of mikes available, then no need to pay

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    oohh...ok as long as no "extra" setup required, shudn't be paying extra to the hotel...there are the hotels that have the live band included into their package, that would be very nice. haha

Member angelwings is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I've been to a wedding where there was a magician, so interesting and fun! he engaged the guests in the performance also. It was a different experience from the normal wedding. so if you can, go for entertainment! your guests who come also want to be entertained, let them see montage of pictures all the time also quite boring, unless your montage has cute and funny stuff

Junior Member yiwe is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks for your suggestion carrollove! Sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of doing a retro theme for my wedding... Waiting to see Hotel RE's wedding show on 29 Oct since they are launching Theme Weddings.

Junior Member Nardia Beauty Care is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    congrats people! have a blissful marriage!

Member aspire is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    When I attended the wedding of a college friend, they had live music, dancing, even games involving the single people in the room, and instant photography. It was really fun because there were a lot of activities.

Member jollybee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Play videos, music and some games.

Member theheiress is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    how about live bands and some dancing?

Member peachyness is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My sister hired a band for a live performance and we also played a video of her and her husband.