any1 went to Japan for honeymoon?

miss-sunshine

hi dear, japan is an awesome place for honeymoon, i have quite a few friends who went there after their wedding. :) two must go places would be hokkaido and tokyo. hokkaido is great to see snow and natural landscape, really very beautiful. then tokyo is a must-go to see their city life, is really very interesting. oh, visit tokyo disneyland also. it's so big haha!

oh, got some tips when you go to japan, learn abit of their basic language before you go there, because most of them don't speak English at all lol. if you know how to write some of their basic terms like 'toilet' and 'hotel' it will help a lot. If you intend to travel free-and-easy there, better to know japanese. If traveling in travel group, would be easier because your tour guide would know guide you for everything. :)

have you booked your trip yet? :)

airmeli

I chop the place first since I am planning to go Japan for honeeymoon. Anyone can advise when is the best time to go?

missylis

I chop the place first since I am planning to go Japan for honeeymoon. Anyone can advise when is the best time to go?

Depends on what you want to see actually. If you want to see cherry blossoms, go in March - May. Many tourists go during this time just to see them haha.

If you want to see autumn leaves and see their fall festivals, go during the fall, which is around Sept - Nov. If you are scared of cold, going during fall is better than winter cos winter is cold.

If you want to see snow, (most singaporeans go japan to see snow) go during winter. Can go skiing and see the beautiful christmas decorations everywhere. Hokkaido is a great place to ski. :)

when will you be going for your honeymoon? :wub:

missylis

hey missylis, i will be going in sept. :)

hi sotong, sept is good if you want to avoid crowd, because nov - dec is peak period for japan holiday trips. if you can, go to osaka, the scenery is verrryyyy beautiful in the autumn. here is a pic of autumn in japan: autumn.jpg

have you booked your flight tickets? i think you can get discounts if you book early right?

airmeli

Depends on what you want to see actually. If you want to see cherry blossoms, go in March - May. Many tourists go during this time just to see them haha.

If you want to see autumn leaves and see their fall festivals, go during the fall, which is around Sept - Nov. If you are scared of cold, going during fall is better than winter cos winter is cold.

If you want to see snow, (most singaporeans go japan to see snow) go during winter. Can go skiing and see the beautiful christmas decorations everywhere. Hokkaido is a great place to ski. :)

when will you be going for your honeymoon? :wub:

I should be going Jan 2013. Because my dinner ends on December 2012

rojak

2012 maybe harder to say, but this year best is don't go if can help it lah... alot of travel agencies allow full refunds for trips that have already been booked.

I am sooo gonna miss jap food :(

airmeli

2012 maybe harder to say, but this year best is don't go if can help it lah... alot of travel agencies allow full refunds for trips that have already been booked.

I am sooo gonna miss jap food :(

I really very sad now... I really love Japan and plan to go next year but the radioactive thing I really dun dare to go... No one really knows how many is consider a lot... Japan keep saying no harm to health but I just feel it might not be the case...

Pegasus

well all we can do is to pray for Japan..... and donate if you can....
They would really appreciate it...

starryz

Yeah its v sad because Japan relies on their export food for income, now I am afraid to even eat at Jap restaurants though I love jap food =( Think its gonna be another 2 or 3 years before I consider going to Japan.

jadene33

Have some couple friends planning to go hokkaido now, cos it is cheaper and they said its safe cos far fr radi...