anyone attempted to DIY your own candy bar for the wedding banquet?

jelly

im playing w the idea of having a small candy bar during the cocktail reception before the wedding banquet.

anyone tried it before? what type of candies did you get?
i dont want it to come up to too pricey, otherwise it defeats the purpose of me diy-ing. might as well spend some 500-1k to get it professionally done.

but i dont want to end up serving mentos and other more commonly found candies. :blushing: haha!

shoppingger

uncommon candies means higher price. it all depends what u'r after ultimately.

dessert bar looks really pretty. there's a pic with a glass jar of mentos. common but when nicely done, looks impressive.

MonicaA

uncommon candies means higher price. it all depends what u'r after ultimately.

dessert bar looks really pretty. there's a pic with a glass jar of mentos. common but when nicely done, looks impressive.
I guess it really depends o how you dress up the candy or dessert bar...:)

For me, some nice unusual candies would be a luxury...otherwise normal ones will also do..:tongue:

Zerika

Yah.. i need some ideas too! coz i planning to do a candy bar my cousin did was too nice. she did it at Mandarin Oriental hotel and the space outside is huge! even got photo booth.. i like.. haha..

jelly

ya! i would love to see some samples of diy candy bars too :)

i bought some glassware from ikea as containers for the candies --cost bout 25 bucks. but they are mainly wine glasses (expected more varieties frm ikea). wine glasses wont be able to contain much, but i think the shapes and sizes will be very good for gummies or small candies w nice colours

BabyHo

my wedding was 3 months ago and i DIY my candy corner. the apothecary jars i used come in various shapes & sizes.

interested parties please email me @ jacq.lynn_ho@yahoo.com and i'll share the photos of the set up with you.

meanwhile, enjoy your wedding preparation!!

cheers!

lovemadejoy

LOVE candy dish set

Hi, if you are thinking of DIY-ing your own dessert bar or would like a striking display, why not consider a LOVE candy dish set. Fill it up with candies or macarons in colours that matches your wedding theme.

Here are a few examples:
Love-candy-dish-set-1.jpg

love+bowls.jpg

I am conducting a preorder for these lovely dish at $25 a set. For more info, you can view my thread here.

In any case, I wish you a great wedding and hope you have a blast planning it!

Love.Made.Joy

aspire

that's a unique idea. i'll try it on my wedding too. :) but wouldn't it be nice and easier for you if you ask for a chef's help?

Milktea579

Hi Brides-to-be,

I DIY my candy corner for my wedding 1 month ago. The apothecary jars i used come in various shapes & sizes.

For interested parties please email me at sanvz_18@yahoo.com.sg or refer thread post by Milktea579 for more details.

cheers

Susan

daydreamer

I wanted to be really involved in planning the wedding banquet, but I passed on the duties to the wedding planner and the food to my family members because we were really busy.

summerdaisies

If you're really creative and into doing crafts, then maybe you can get in touch with your creative side and do DIY candy bars for the wedding banquet.

almondgrass

I think the jars are ultimately the ones that make the candy bar nice!! Choose jars/containers that suit your style and theme :) You can also put up personalised decor like the one below and maybe have some rose petals around to make it more romantic. Good luck :D