Anyone has the problem where 2 other colleagues has already booked the same venue that you are considering for AD?

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member saint is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Anyone has the problem where 2 other colleagues has already booked the same venue that you are considering for AD?

Dilemma.. 2 other colleagues have booked the same venue as the one that i am considering...

all 3 are 1 month apart..

anyone has this same problem?

Member mugwithlid is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ooooooo

That's quite sian. I try not to use the same hotels where my friends had their wedding before unless I really love it.

By chinese custom, the newly weds are not to go to any wedding or wakes 3 months before and after their wedding.

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by mugwithlid View Post
    Ooooooo
    That's quite sian. I try not to use the same hotels where my friends had their wedding before unless I really love it.
    By chinese custom, the newly weds are not to go to any wedding or wakes 3 months before and after their wedding.
    heard of the so-called clash of events custom.

as for the venue, is it u really must have the place or other venues r available for u to select?

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Sorry to hear about it. Can I have the name of the place ? First time hearing that of this problem

Junior Member gelynbaby is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    which venue, can share? how come so popular?

Senior Member Mike1982 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hotel/country club or etc?

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I have went to a few friends wedding in the same hotel and they are of the same group of friends but then wedding on a different year. As a guest view, I dun find any issue on this basically what ever happens, it's not where you are that makes you happy its who you are with that makes you happy so no issue even its the same place over and over again. we are there to celebrate and witness another couple's happy moments.

on top of it, it can be at the same hotel but how you want your event to be will be different and of course even if it is the same .... the bride is not YOU!! so I dun think this is an issue at all. Best part is before you book you can check out wat is their offer and see if you can get much better offer then them!!!

All the best!!

Member 0630han is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    never heard this issue before... but personal preferences, i tried to avoid places that my frenz / HTB frenz used before. but it's just a personal preferences.

no issue for the guest i think. they may even think this hotel must be seriously good. so many ppl hold their wedding there.

Member twinklehaze is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it would be better if either you or your colleague would book a different place ahead of time. i don't find it really nice to have the same place booked by my colleague and me as our venue for our own ADs