Anyone holding your wedding at Sheraton Towers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Waen is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Anyone holding your wedding at Sheraton Towers?

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to post this on the Forum because of my experience with Sheraton Towers so far for my wedding that has made me quite upset so far.

We had intially decided on Sheraton Towers because i fell in love with the place. It is indeed beautiful, and there is an outdoor waterfall. We then spoke with the wedding coordinator of Sheraton Towers and we were encouraged and decided to sign up for the wedding package. That was last February. We had corresponded a few times with the coordinator, and i guess we should have noticed the warning signs since the beginning, and changed our minds.

The lady who is coordinating our event seems to have communication problems, and does not explain herself clearly. She would give the impression of the hotel being able to do something, and then later on when we spoke to her again, she would say something else. Even till now, when we are approaching our wedding day, there have been multiple errors on her part still.

It was only the end of last year that we started to email her more often for updates/confirmation because our wedding was approaching. So i do not think that we have been very difficult. In fact ours is a fairly simple wedding without all the fanfare. But even till then, and till now, the service standard has been quite questionable. I know we should not fault the reputation of a hotel based on one person, but, it is common knowledge that they are the immediate go to person and representation of a hotel. I do not think we have been difficult, but i am a customer, i am paying a HUGE amount, and the service is lacking.

I just want to let everyone know that a 5 star hotel doesn't guarantee the same level of service. Please think twice before signing up for a banquet from this hotel. I would recommend Regent hotel, as i've a friend who did her wedding there, and she said the wedding planner was a wonderful person, and answered to her needs well.

Senior Member poshberries is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Waen, sorry to hear this from you. I hope it did not affect too much for you & your wife-to-be's mood. More or less it may did but do not think so much ok! Hope everything will go smoothly for the 2 of you. Anyway, just to mention a little, I do not know if Sheraton Towers is still considered as a 5-star hotel till now, it used to be really but I think it may be a 4.5-star now. This is a local standard but international standards do not consist 4.5-star, it is either a 4 or 5 star. You may want to check it out further. Lastly, I wish you & you other half a happy & blissful marriage!!!! Cheers!

Junior Member yesu_keti is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yah..the wedding coordinator must be good and professional during the whole process of planning. In this case, she has not delivered her best. Its surely a lack of professionalism and responsiveness..U should write ur views to their management.

I would also recommend The Regent. You can approach Eunice, the wedding coordinator. she is very helpful and friendly. But take note that the ballroom has low ceiling and has pillars.

Junior Member Waen is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi guys,

Thanks for listening to me. I'm now back to post abt my experience after the wedding at Sheraton.

On the actual day, someone else was in charge of the reception. Even for the rehearsal the day before, he was very kind and offered doing a sound test for the outdoor waterfall, and in the ballroom. (initially we were told we can only do ballroom sound test) . He gave a lot of helpful suggestions, and overall was very professional. The service staff was very professional, and friendly. On the actual day, things flowed so smoothly and on time, that we were done with our lunch reception way before the expected time of 4pm.

Yes, people are not perfect, and my pre-wedding experience might have faced some bumps, but finally at the end, things really went so well. The flowers were wonderful (that i must give credit to the wedding co-ordinator) because all i gave her were colours i would i would like, and the outcome was great! During our final meeting she gave some helpful information with decor, and what to expect on the actual day. The food everyone LOVED! The manager in charge of our wedding that day was kind enough to remember my husband's birthday and sent up a cake for him. That was a very, very kind gesture and it meant so much to him.

So overall it was a nice experience. If i were to go back in time again, even with foresight of the future, i believe i would still do it all over again at Sheraton.

Junior Member yesu_keti is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Waen,

May i check how is the overall standard for the service staff? Are they mainly students or local aunties? The flowers are included in the decor package or u paid exta for it? just would like to find out more if u dont mind : )

Member starryz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi yesu, I have tried their international buffet dinner on the 1st floor called The Dining Room. The food is excellent at only $49++ per person. The service is ok..the waiters and waitress are about 20 years old - 30+ . Didn't see any auntie waitress there though being there for quite a number of times. Overall the ambience is very good, it's not overcrowded normally, pretty spacious as not that many people overcrowding on weekend dinners. But I am not sure if this is the same for their wedding banquet.

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Sheraton Towers

Hi, anyone planning/booked/held wedding at sheraton towers? can share with me some pictures? Been to view the ballroom and the march-in seems very short.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

anyone holding your wedding at Sheraton Towers?

Hi, anyone of you holding your wedding at Sheraton Towers? am thinking of ways to lengthen the march-in cos the march-in is really short. i think i will reach the stage in less than 30 seconds.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    anyone attended/holding/held your wedding at ST?

Junior Member swiftgemini is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm looking at Sheraton Towers as well... which ballroom are you taking?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    taking ballroom 1, 2 & 3. u?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    the march-in still short despite taking the entire ballroom? hmmmmm...

i'm going to look at sheraton this week, have not decided on the hotel yet. I'm looking for long march-in as well.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i can tell u frankly that the march-in will be really short if you not taking all the ballrooms (1,2,3&4). if you taking all the ballrooms, u can march-in from ballroom 3 & 4 which will be longer than from 1 & 2.

when you are there, try walking from ballroom 1 to the stage and also from ballroom 4 to the stage and time how long u take to walk there real slow.

i am thinking of asking the coordinator is there a way to lengthen the march-in. (eg. march-in from ballroom 1 to ballroom 3 then walk to stage but i guess might be very weird to do that)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I found the ballroom at Hotel Fort Canning to be quite long... I reckon if you do a slow march-in, it can take up to 2mins.

I would prefer a straight march-in, instead of going zig-zags around the tables. :S

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    initially wanted to choose carlton hotel as they have long march-in but they are not very flexible with their perks. in the end found a nice ballroom which is sheraton and their ceiling is nice and their food is nice too! they are very flexible in giving additional perks so we have decided to choose sheraton but have yet to confirm with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast