Anyone Tried Outdoor Wedding Lunch - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My friend booked their function room for their solemnization.
    Quite a pretty place. I think if it is held outdoor, even nicer. But the weather will be very hot too. haha~
    The buffet lunch was served outdoor. It was pretty cool cos guests don't just sit down and eat but gets to walk around while eating...

Anyway saw this link...
    http://www.weddingatbarrage.com

Member pretty bride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowhearts View Post
    Wow pretty bride, definitely sounds like you had the most beautiful day in your life there. I think lunch time outdoors may be a bit challenging...unless you are prepared for a beach wedding where guests can come in erm berms and casual sundresses and sandals? Most people would melt in the sweltering heat in more formal getup.

If lunch, perhaps you would want to consider holding it indoors in a hotel/ venue that has a nice view of the outside scenery and guests are free to walk around if they want to?
    thanks so much mellowhearts! yes i really did. it was a really sweet affair and the events people at il lido were really great at helping me ensure everything ran smoothly! an event i'll never forget! i guess the staff played a big part in making it memorable for me, as i've heard of horror stories of how everything/anything could go wrong for an ROM and i''m just really glad i chose this wonderful place which provided me with such a good experience!

i think maybe you can consider doing a brunch instead of lunch if you really want to do it outdoors and get the sun? so that you can start it off earlier and hopefully end early enought so you dontget caught in the mid-afternoon sun (hottest from 2-3) just a suggestion (:

Member pretty bride is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by meilingg View Post
    My friend booked their function room for their solemnization.
    Quite a pretty place. I think if it is held outdoor, even nicer. But the weather will be very hot too. haha~
    The buffet lunch was served outdoor. It was pretty cool cos guests don't just sit down and eat but gets to walk around while eating...

Anyway saw this link...
    http://www.weddingatbarrage.com
    This looks really great! but the idea of guests walking around while eating prolly means the dress code wont be so formal? maybe it can be like a picnic theme kinda thing! (: so no worries about the perspiration as well lol. (: