Auspicious date

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auspicious date

Junior Member Jollie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Auspicious date

Me and fiance went to see fortuner teller for an auspious date. Given 2 dates based on our birthday and 'year end' request, both dates are Monday and Thursday respectively. Knowing that turn up rate for weekday will be low, sld I proceed to hold banquet on weekday? Any advise?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    weekdays are really not too good.. but it depends hugely on your guests/friends/relatives. i attended one monday wedding, and it was mainly relatives, and some very close friends, a very small and cosy affair. so attendance was excellent, punctual, and went very well.

but another one i attended on a wednesday night, was a big banquet made up of largely friends. by 830pm, there were still tables completely empty. the wedding had to start, with only ~60% guests arrived. halfway through the wedding, 50% of guests had left because they had to get up early for work the next day. isn't too nice, to have most of your guests not around for most of the banquet.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yup, I also agreed that weekdays turn up rate will be lower as people might be tired after a long day work etc.

Is their any other alternative dates for you to choose?
    Or maybe try to expand your "year end" range? Instead of Dec, maybe can be Nov or Dec? Or even early next year.
    No harm asking too. Give yourself more choices instead. From all the dates, then both of you can sit down discuss and decide which date to choose from.

Senior Member astutekitty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My htb and I are not superstitious, hence our wedding date is not by any fengshui master or fortune teller.

Pardon me if I have offended anyone who believes in them ... My opinion is that they only act as a guidelines to you not a must to follow. If you really feel uncomfortable with the dates, then you should make your own choices or request for another date if you would like to.

Many people in the world did not consult any fengshui master or fortune teller for anything, but they are still surviving or super rich. -.-

Hence, it still depends on how your react to the things happening around you.

For example, if you are being "fortune told" that holding wedding on 1st July, you will be happily even after. But at times you will be quarrelling for some minor matters and this lead to unhappiness. Then is this call happily ever after?

So for this type of "special skills" these master or teller has, I would say its a guideline to you.

Love between the both of you exists, then your marriage will be happily ever after regardless auspicious or not ... right?

Junior Member Jollie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We asked for a good date anytime after June 2012. Wanted to choose 121212 but the fortune teller said that was not a good date for us. The best date is in May 2012 but it's too rush as we want to have our photo shoot taken in June 2012. In the end was given 2 dates in November. Not willing to believe but it's better to believe than to take the risk? anyway, weekday banquet package are cheaper too... I am just worried on the turn up rate. Thursday should be better than Monday? i am not sure... I was thinking if i choose Thursday and ask for 2 nites in the bridal suite, then I can have a long marriage weekend.

Senior Member meilingg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollie View Post
    We asked for a good date anytime after June 2012. Wanted to choose 121212 but the fortune teller said that was not a good date for us. The best date is in May 2012 but it's too rush as we want to have our photo shoot taken in June 2012. In the end was given 2 dates in November. Not willing to believe but it's better to believe than to take the risk? anyway, weekday banquet package are cheaper too... I am just worried on the turn up rate. Thursday should be better than Monday? i am not sure... I was thinking if i choose Thursday and ask for 2 nites in the bridal suite, then I can have a long marriage weekend.
    Like what astutekitty said, it is up to individuals.
    My htb and me are not superstitious but we still go for dates that are good for us. Like you, i rather believes since no harm.

I think Thurs will be better. Not too sure but cos i think Monday most people will be tired and 'sian' mood cos after the weekends plus monday blues. Whereas thurs is nearer to weekends...

Jay
    Junior Member Jay is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Probably Thursday is the best if you are really thinking of doing it on a weekday. If I am asked to attend a wedding dinner from Mondays to Wednesday, I would personally feel abit sian about it, regardless of where the venue is. :P

Member peachtwirl is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    does a feng shui master know how to determine auspicious dates?

Member wintermusings is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Where can I see auspicious dates for 2015?

Junior Member shootingstar18 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I'm wondering if auspicious date is subjective because shouldn't it involve reading the "8 characters" of both parties? I'm not too particular on this but if my bf wants to get, I'm okay as long as the fortune teller doesn't tell me that we can only get married in a few years' time or something.

By the way, where do you girls engage a fortune teller? I have no religion so I'm not too certain about these arrangements...

Member charmbracelet is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    you can get from recommendations. engage those who have good feedback