Bad experience with hotel event coordinators

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member shereo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Bad experience with hotel event coordinators

For Brides to be, to be careful with these bad Hotel Event coordinators who spoilt our day.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi gals,

Just to share my encounter with the Event manager, Bethany Tan @ Mandarin Oriental. There are 3 coordinators there and we were assigned to Bethany. We went to the hotel at 145pm ,15min earlier than the said appointment of 2pm. Guess what, we waited till about 215 where she popped out and said that there was another couple whose appointment was fixed at 3pm, arrived and she needed to entertain them for a while and will be back in 1min and we were shoved to the main ballroom to take a walk on our own.

We got real pissed after waiting till 240 and she was nowhere to be seen and of course we walked to the reception and made a complain. This lady then came to the reception after we spoke to the duty manager! She has no sense of responsibility and why on earth were us being entertained later and she chose to ENTERTAIN the other couple who popped up 1hr earlier and took my slot. She dont EVEN have the courtesy to give me a ring to apologize while we were waiting... Oriental is a nice hotel but DO NOT choose BETHANY TAN! She is a very terrible lady whom dont even apologize and we are now bringing up this matter to the top management. I was wondering if the other couple gives her 10K in commission !!!

Junior Member strawberry is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Wow, just hearing this makes me pissed too. How could she let someone else whose appointment time is later than yours take up your time. That is just so wrong! Good that you bring up to their top management.

Junior Member Ahmeilover is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My friend also have bad bad experience with mandarin marina... but not this lady. well.. mandarin hotel so attas den giv such kinda services... sucks manz. i totally have bad impression of mandarin lo! lucky u didnt sign.... really have to be carefulll

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ahmeilover: The hotel is Mandarin Oriental not Marina Mandarin though both of them sound the same. I met the coordinator at Marina Mandarin- Fiona ilwas punctual and polite.

Strawberry: Mandarin Oriental is a nice place, don't get me wrong but Bethany CMI! If you are interested in Mandarin Oriental, do get another coordinator! However I'm giving this hotel a miss

Member summerrain is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by shereo View Post
    Ahmeilover: The hotel is Mandarin Oriental not Marina Mandarin though both of them sound the same. I met the coordinator at Marina Mandarin- Fiona ilwas punctual and polite.

Strawberry: Mandarin Oriental is a nice place, don't get me wrong but Bethany CMI! If you are interested in Mandarin Oriental, do get another coordinator! However I'm giving this hotel a miss
    Is it the one at Orchard? Was there for viewing last week, the Sale Manager had a last min presentation, he briefly show us the ballroom. He did apologize and told us we can always call him if we have any qns. We only manage to take a sneak peak as it was occupied. It's a tiered setting, it's the only one in S'pore according to the sales mgr.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi summerrain,

Nope. Not the one at orchard, this is the one at Marina square! Mandarin Oriental! The one with the fan logo...

Junior Member Chickenmcnugget is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Only reached the asking for quotation / request for proposal stage, and already PAULINE GRAHAM FROM PEONY JADE AT KEPPEL CLUB IS CRAZY RUDE. Asked for a proposal for which includes room for makeup, private dining for 12pax, outdoor solemnisation venue etc and she just replied with "sorry we only provide makeup room for minimum 18 tables". What kid of response is that. Don't see any proposal or quotation. And for an experienced event planner I think she should know that not being able to provide a room for makeup is NOT a dealbreaker. RUDE client servicing on the other hand IS.

Junior Member magpie.vy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think we give too much credit and hope to depend on hotel coordinator. they are afterall not as motivated to serve your needs since they don't earn from you. why not consider a wedding planner to get all these hassle off your hands.

Member Aquila is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Also still at the stage of asking for package, pricing & menu.

There is this coordinator HuiHui from gallery hotel.... where we have told her that we are only looking at between 10 to 20 tables as our very preliminary estimation in our 1st email.

Without even sending us any single piece of information on their package or even bother to discuss further to find out more, she merely replied in the email that their hotel can only seat up to 150 people & Said their hotel cannot accmodate our event!

Is this the way to do business?! Gallery hotel you should train your staff better!
    Instead of chasing potential clients away by employing such staff

Member waffleong is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
    Also still at the stage of asking for package, pricing & menu.

There is this coordinator HuiHui from gallery hotel.... where we have told her that we are only looking at between 10 to 20 tables as our very preliminary estimation in our 1st email.

Without even sending us any single piece of information on their package or even bother to discuss further to find out more, she merely replied in the email that their hotel can only seat up to 150 people & Said their hotel cannot accmodate our event!

Is this the way to do business?! Gallery hotel you should train your staff better!
    Instead of chasing potential clients away by employing such staff

hi Aqulia,

i have a bored and bad encounter with her today 630pm, went down to the gallery hotel to view their site. unfortunately, called up to inform huihui i m gg to be late for 15min, but she merely replied me that she was hoping we could rush down asap as she had another meetup after us at abt 715pm..

we turned up and met her.. ask to show us their hotel ballrooms.. and we was told that they do not have any ballrooms but function rooms... however, we took the lift up, she just open the function room, turn on the lights and allow us to roam ard while she was standing there quietly without any recommendation abt their rooms..whereas both of us are roaming around the room, feeling soo arkward and strange.

even thought we mumble ourselves about the good and bad comments and she will only answer to what we have ask her..

such a disappointment... feel like wasting our time to rush down to the hotel..

Junior Member HubbyWifey is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We have very bad experience with Bethany as well. Very rude and unprofessional in her email and calls. We called up the director and asked for a change of coordinator before we even met up with her.

Member chloelee is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mmm.. Thanks for sharing your experiences here.. eye-opening for me.

Junior Member clyeo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Ladies

I recently had a very bad encounter with the event coordinator from Amara. Her title is a manager somemore. To cut my story short, I've went down to meet her coz way earlier, she has confirm with me that the date I want is available. However, upon the meetup, she totally has forgotten abt the date and ask me wat is the date I'm looking at. After I told her, she say the date has been taken up and ask me for another date. But then again, the date is oso unavailable as well.

So she say I can go home and think abt it and provide her with some other dates if I'm still keen. However, I'm quite disappointed with her as she not only forgotten abt the date I want, she oso didn't even bother to inform me earlier that the date has been taken up prior to our meet up. Anyway, I drop her an email and say I wasn't not able to provide her with any other date & oso express my unhappiness abt her forgetting abt the date. Guess wat, to my surprise, she wrote back a very sarcastic email to me and said that she din forget abt the date, just that she cannot hold the date for me coz I didn't went down to view it and it was a first-come-first-serve booking... etc and from the way she replied me, it just shows how unprofessional she is in this service industry line.

Anyway, I'm glad that I trust my instinct and didn't change my date to accomodate to her to get the hotel.

Junior Member Hazel NPJ is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Dear All BTB,

I recently had an appointment with Carlton the co-coordinator was not friendly at all, my appointment is 7pm and i received a called from her asking me what time we will be reaching the phone called received at 6pm she told me that she got an appointment after that so i reply to her saying that since she in a rush i will re-schedule again with her. Her reply was if you can made it 6.30pm is ok as we was about to reached the hotel we schedule with her at 6.30pm. what worst is when we are there to view the ballroom she don't have the key to access, this is not the way that was my secondly impression was, as we when on for detail discussion than we know that the date we looking at have to add additional $50 each table due to Auspicious date , i asked for food tasting what her reply was our restaurant was well unknown that is y we don't provide food tasting. My Husband was keen to sign what hold me back to sign up with them is the co-coordinator. I am still searching for Hotel for my wedding in 2012.