Bad experience with hotel event coordinators - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member candyrain is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i wud blow my top if i was any of u! so rude lor! not happy to entertain me then i take my business elsewhere! think it's like a $100 affair meh?

Junior Member charsiewbao is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ya, carlton staff not that nice and efficient coz i have personal encounter with them just last week. despite several reminder emails, they chose not to reply til days later...
    but also, i met beri nice wedding coordinator whom they reply promptly and provide alternative dates & solutions, i would say Regent(Larrina) is the best i encounter so far(not only she gave alternative solutions & oso reply promptly) but unfortunately i do not have 35tables to accomodate for a sat dinner..

Junior Member sim479234 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Dear all,

I think Pan Pac coordinators are NOT attentive AT ALL. I emailed them twice and they never bother to reply my emails and after the 2nd email the MANAGER called me but as i was busy i asked him to call back 1hr later which he didn't and he never bother to call back ever since and NO emails reply from them either.. My bf was so unhappy with them..and now we decided to just strike them off our list... BAD ATTITUDE...

Junior Member Fang Fang is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Sim,

Is Pan Pac Orchard or Pan Pac Marina?

Junior Member akal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree w Sim - Pan Pac Orchard coordinators are not attentive and does not seem like they want to do your business. I waited for 2 weeks when I emailed to fix an appointment. I sent a reminder email and received a call back the next day (which is today) from a lady (who barely speaks good english). She informed me that the dates I wanted were booked anyway so no point in coming down to view. When asked why the coordinator (Diana) did not revert to my emails, she said Diana was on leave. I asked when Diana would return (as I thought this lady sounded inexperienced), she told me that Diana is back in office already today. If that is the case, I do not understand why the supposedly coordinator, Diana does not make a personal call back or reply. Overall, their responses (or lack of) is very disappointing right from the start. I can't imagine the grief i have go through in coordinating with a team like that during the course of my wedding preparations.

Junior Member Desher2013 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I personally do not like this guy coordinator from sheraton. No follow up even though he promised so. During the discussion, I've mentioned that Carlton offered certain perks, he mention "don't compare us with them" in a very 'ya-ya' way..

Junior Member macnara is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh dear - thanks for the feedback, will be careful!

Junior Member missM is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I had a bad experience with Diana (Pan Pac) too. She never got back to me with regards to some our enquires after the site inspection and when i called, she didnt even remember me ! and when she finally got back to me, everything we requested for is rejected saying that its management's decision. she cant do anything about it. so it was like take the standard package - non negotiable or leave it. well, i left.

Junior Member Shelia is on a distinguished road Shelia's Avatar
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah. The hotel event coordinators sometimes are really perishing...

Junior Member christylee2305 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I am preparing for my wedding banquet and have contacted various coordinators. I have decided on Mandarin Oriental as the service I recieved from them was truly a 5 star experience.

The coordinator I met up with from Oriental was Jenny Ng. She was very polite and considerate. Willingly to listen and give her best to help the couples. After the discussion, even gave us complimenatry parking for that day and walked us out to the door.

Therefore, I believe Oriental is still a very good 5 star hotel with very good service.
    Try Jenny Ng! you wont regret.

Junior Member happieorange is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenmcnugget View Post
    Only reached the asking for quotation / request for proposal stage, and already PAULINE GRAHAM FROM PEONY JADE AT KEPPEL CLUB IS CRAZY RUDE. Asked for a proposal for which includes room for makeup, private dining for 12pax, outdoor solemnisation venue etc and she just replied with "sorry we only provide makeup room for minimum 18 tables". What kid of response is that. Don't see any proposal or quotation. And for an experienced event planner I think she should know that not being able to provide a room for makeup is NOT a dealbreaker. RUDE client servicing on the other hand IS.
    Hi all BTB!
    I totally agree with Chickenmcnugget!
    Pauline Graham is seriously not keen to do business!
    I was asking for a quotation and she simply turned me away by saying my date was too far off to confirm.
    For a matter of fact, i wasn't even making a reservation at this point, i am asking for a quote and the possibility to include the ceremony by the sea.
    Pretty disappointed for this type of reply and service. If Peony Jade is only interested in confirm deals, then what is the enquiry email for right?
    She even said that they only accept reservations 3 months in advance and thats company POLICY.
    I do understand that and therefore i enquired for a quote.
    If i need to study PEONY JADE's Company POLICY and memorize them before i dine at their place, then i should take over her position isn't it?

Striking off Peony Jade off my list!

Junior Member stanknight is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    so depressing to hear abt this bad coordinators.. lucky my coordinator from Oriental is Eve.. she is very good too!

Junior Member serene_kinki is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can we change event coordinator?

Junior Member Weddingbells is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I had a bad experience with a female Sheraton coordinator recently..she was quite unfriendly and was practically wearing a "black face" throughout the whole meeting. On top of that, everything seems to come with a price, e.g rental of solemnisation place...whereas other hotels we went to offer to provide a place for our solemnisation before the wedding luncheon for free.

Member zyroo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Spoke with Peony Jade. Apparently they have bookings all the way til Dec'12. don't think they have a 3 months policy.