Beach wedding sentosa

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member AndreaAndLia is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Beach wedding sentosa

Hi together

We are planing a beach wedding in sentosa on october 2012.
    Does anyone have some expirience ? We invite about 40-50 guests. How much would that cost in average, all together, with food, renting the place, somelier, wedding package ... ?

Junior Member jessica5585 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi there

I just attended a beach wedding yesterday. My take is you may reconsider about having it at the beach at Rasa Sentosa. The hotel does not provide enough fans for ventilation and it's difficult to walk in the sand. Services provided by the hotel was lacking as well hence it does not justify the amount you will pay for it. I hope I'm not being a wet blanket here, but just sharing my view.

Member kiefer is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi Andrea,

I am having my solemnisation/banquet at Rasa Sentosa soon. It is probably the closest beach wedding you can get. They actually have a outdoor area which is just besides the beach, but it is grass and not sand area. That will be very condusive especially if held during the evening. I think the spot which jessica went to is another part of rasa sentosa called the Jade (or sorts). The grass area i am talking abt is called The Rocks.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We booked the rocks now for Solemnization, and afterwards HI-Tea in Ballroom 1. Actually we both still thinking, to change also the Hi Tea to the rocks, so all will be outside. They told us, it's going to be hot, or it could rain. Is in october raining season ?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi there,

Had my solemnisation at the Rocks 2 month ago, it was nice... the ambience and the surroundings. Wasn't too hot that noon, but still a tad stuffy probably because of the impending rain that day.

Yes if it is at noon, there is a risk that it could be hot or it could rain. Too risky either way, though Rasa will provide you backup ballroom if it rains. My coordinator is Soon Hui he is good. We had a seamless and enjoyable encounter with Rasa. The food from there is great too. My guests, and friends who had attended wedding over there before, all proclaimed it to be good, certainly than the average hotel fare.

Personally I would think a hot environment will affect the mood of the guests. They will rather a cool environment than a nice but hot setting.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hey thanks for your impressions ;) Did you had the high tea buffet there, it's from 2-4 pm. What you did after 4pm, you had to leave sentosa, or you stayed at the place, at the beach or pool ?
    We planed to go later with the cable car to Jewel box, maybee at about 7 pm. But not sure, if the gusts will be able to eat allready more, when you had buddet from 2-4. Wad it much to eat, heavy meal or more like a snack, so that you could have a dinner later? What did you do afterwards ?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine was a lunch banquet. We had our solemnisation abt 11.30am. Thereafter is the banquet at Horizon Pavilion.

Rasa had a bridal suite for us. We stayed there for the night. It's a typical wedding setup just that it is noon. Not too sure abt your cable car, it gonna be tiring so I reckon it is better just to retreat into a suite after your high tea? Your groom might be knocked out too, which was the case for me... ;-)

Hmmm..... since yours starts at a later time, higher probablity of a cooler weather. But still it is in heaven's hand hehe.... do your high tea at The Rocks area. It is grass not sand and there are angsana trees to provide some shelter.

kpi
    Senior Member kpi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Should be $1500 for the booking of the beach wedding venue.

I have posted a few pictures in the thread below
    http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums...89/index5.html

Member pinkpromises is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    How much is a wedding package plus honeymoon in Singapore?