Beware of Venus Bridal Selection in JB

urns

Pay peanuts and get monkeys... That's what I got indeed from supposedly one of the more popular bridal studios in Johor Baru... My initial wedding planner was Amy but she quit and handed over to Amanda and what a nightmare it has turned out to be! Fortunately my nightmare has ended and the whole unfolding of this drama mama story cannot be put down into a few words.. if keen to know more please PM me... otherwise please steer clear of them!!! two thumbs down!!!:thumbdn:

aple88

Hi Urns

I'm unable to PM you as I'm a new member. Would you be able to PM me and let me know what's the drama?
Thanks!!

Mike1982

Pay peanuts and get monkeys... That's what I got indeed from supposedly one of the more popular bridal studios in Johor Baru... My initial wedding planner was Amy but she quit and handed over to Amanda and what a nightmare it has turned out to be! Fortunately my nightmare has ended and the whole unfolding of this drama mama story cannot be put down into a few words.. if keen to know more please PM me... otherwise please steer clear of them!!! two thumbs down!!!:thumbdn:

y dont share it in the public domain so that can create awareness of what bad things that they have supposedly done or something?

vivienpy

totally agree, went with friend to see their package but their package sucks and expensive also things they give are of lousy quality.

shufen89

Hi, I had signed up Venus bridal package too! And read a few review regards to Amanda's bad services! Mind to share your experience with us???

feryvicky

Hi,

We had signed up with Venus bridal last year and the experience is good / satisfied from selection of gown till choosing of album design. :) Our coordinator is Liling.

Cheers.

nellybel

Really?? this is somewhat depressing, especially that it happened on your wedding too. but thanks for the warning.

fannyan

Hello, I've read quite a few bad reviews about Venus (especially Amanda :p) here. Are they really that bad?

Anyone who has signed up with them recently mind sharing their experience?:)

Thanks

Caressa

Venus Bridal House. Where do I start? Everything was hell, until I met Kelvin. My make up artist/client servicing person who was perfect, efficient and helpful. Here is my experience with what I would call the worse customer service experience. EVER.

1. Package promised was not delivered. I had to pay an extra RM 200 for an additional album even though I was promised to be given the album prior.
2. Lady boss, arrogant. Period.
3. I still signed up with the package because I felt the person managing my package was efficient but I was wrong.
4. I was promised that the bridal house would come up with plans on places to shoot and styles based on our preference. In the end, I received a list of messages that says " You Find LAH". I am the paying customer, and not your employee.
5. Upon selecting my shooting date, I was not informed, neither was it written on the receipt that the company needed 8 weeks to process the photos. Can you imagine my dismay when I found out I was going to receive my wedding photos after my wedding. Of course I'd flip. Who wouldn't?
6. I also had to confirm my wedding gown and my husband's suit three times because they forgot to write it down. Note. They also had to re-confirm my shoot date three times because they forgot.
7. I had to rush from work on a Friday night after work because they forgot to inform me that my shoot gown needed alteration. My shoot, was the following morning.
8. After the shoot, then the hell of horribly edited pictures took place. The designer was doing a horrible job, putting in white and black patches that looked like an alien black hole to cover up the ugly scenery. Basically, we had to edit one of our pictures to let them know the feel we wanted, and the designer actually asked for the working file. Then, what are we paying for??
9. I know designs are subjective, BUT putting patches does not make sense. AT ALL.

Though, 98% of my experience with this bridal house was hell, I can't thank Kelvin enough for his help to ease the tension between the horrible employees and lady boss with my husband and I. His make up for the shoot was fantastic, he knew what I wanted, he even loaned me a veil for my wedding day and sewed my dress for me because it was too loose. He made sure my photos were on time, he checked and even edited some of the pictures himself, because he saw what every normal eyes would see. Black and white patches on the photos. Photos that you are suppose to cherish for life. Also, the photographer (Owner too) i think, Derek, was a great photographer. Friendly, humble and nice. He was very enthusiastic during the shoot which helped us ease the awkwardness being in front of the camera.

Overall, I'd give this place 0.2/10. Kelvin was their saving grace. The rest, typical sales people, with no follow ups, lady boss was arrogant (she forgets I'm not here to compete language with her, I just want my photos- decent photos (not even fancy editing). PS: Don't trust their "PORTFOLIO" with the nice editing, the designers are no where at par, to use the paper to get the "EFFECT" you need to add an extra RM 500 and so on.

If you'd like to see the horribly edited photos, do drop me a comment with your email and I can send it to you. I can even print screen the fact that the pictures came from their e-mail. It's not about design, it's about common sense, adding black and white patches to any photos is not acceptable. Period.

Lastly, not even an apology from the bosses. I wished I would not have met this company, initially I have recommended my friends who were getting married, but immediately told them not to come here. EVER.