How to choose bridal packages

cheeseberry

Hi girls, I will be starting on my hunt for bridal boutiques soon, are there any tips or things that I should look out for?

janice84

hey dear, you can keep a lookout for bridal roadshows organized by these boutiques. Some of the promotions they have during the roadshows can be very attractive. :D

poshberries

Hi, know what is your budget and what you want? I meant your real requirements for a bridal package. Then target the right bridal shops for your selection. Buy bridal books to find out more about the brand of the shop. Visit forums to search for comments or feedbacks but go with an open heart. Because every shop will sure have good or bad comments. Then visit the few targeted shops and see their selection of gowns and service, which is very important. Finally made your choice wisely with your budget and selection in mind. Hope this helps. Thanks!

airmeli

This is my guide. It was actually what one of my good buddy teach me to take note.
Before going
- you need to research which bridal shop style you like best.
- Do a list of the bridal shop.
- Have a budget and plan in mind.

In the bridal Shop
- Then just go and listen to what package they have for you.
*I do not believe in signing at roadshow as they will give more free gift which is actually inclusive in your package.
- Decide on which package suits you
- If you do not need anything just tell them you dun need them. Most likely they won't deduct the cost of the package much. Hence ask them to change other things for you. (Like poses and page)
- Do note that special treatment to photo album is not within the package so it will be additional cost.
- If possible always try their gown before confirming.

ngmelissa

Hi ladies

May I please find out whether bridal boutiques are typically open to customising their packages or do they only offer selected "pre-packaged" sets?

Thanks!

joanwwy

hi ngmelissa!

i think most have pre-packaged sets, but some are open to discussions. otherwise, head to the bigger ones which already have a pre-packaged one and try to discuss with them to see if you can do without one or two of them and then top up for another instead :)

i went to rico-a-mona, and di-gio is their sister company, i think they have a rather open discussion concept, no hidden costs, so that was what bought me over to discuss further with them. as long as you are sincere, most are rather nice.

airmeli

hi ngmelissa!

i think most have pre-packaged sets, but some are open to discussions. otherwise, head to the bigger ones which already have a pre-packaged one and try to discuss with them to see if you can do without one or two of them and then top up for another instead :)

i went to rico-a-mona, and di-gio is their sister company, i think they have a rather open discussion concept, no hidden costs, so that was what bought me over to discuss further with them. as long as you are sincere, most are rather nice.

They will convince you that going into package is cheaper. What I do is I find a package near to what I want and tell them what I want and what I dun want.

zaex

My humble suggestions/experience on steps in choosing bridal studio:

1) Both of you must envision and communicate what you want/how you want your wedding to be like. Talk to married friends, flip through wedding mags and read wedding forums for ideas, valuable advices and recommendations. In short, know what you want (as a couple) and do your homework.

2) Work out a budget and try to stick to it.

3) Shortlist a few bridal studios and visit them to check-out their package. Be nice and friendly. Tell them that you heard good reviews about them from friends/online, and you're also shortlisted some other bridal studios before making the final decision. This shows that you know your stuff (to prevent kena chop) and you'll most probably get better service (and more perks hopefully). Don't get 'pressurized' or 'tempted' to sign on the spot by 'offer till today only' etc.

4) Clarify any doubts, further details, hidden costs etc and write them down on the copy of package list you got from each studio.

5) Get them to show some of their selection of gowns or even try on some if possible. Bride-to-be must be satisfied with the gowns to start with.

6) After visiting all shortlisted studios, it's time for both of you to discuss, compare and decide on the ONE studio you'll engage. Consider prices, perks, gowns, service, your comfort level or 'chemistry' with them, among other factors.

7) Negotiate for extra perks or things you want in exchange with those you don't need. But don't go overboard and demand everything to go your way. Be reasonable as people have a business to run too.

Finally most importantly, both of you must enjoyed the whole process of planning for your BIG day. I know it can be very stressful but if taken positively, you can have fun and strengthen your bond at the same time. I can say that cos this is exactly what we're experiencing now :)

Happy planning!

wlilian

Just curious, if you are not signing the packages would they let you try on their gowns? How much is considered expensive and how much is consider reasonable? What are the basic stuff that are suppose to be in a bridal package?

zaex

Hi wlilian

1) No harm asking if you can try on 1 or 2 gown.

2) Package starts from $2388 (the basic) and can go all the way to $6k! Reasonable or not will still depend on your budget and what stuffs you want.

3) I'll PM you my basic package if you're interested.

Cheers

yvonneong

Looking around for a good package, notice they do comes with actual day photography/videography from some BS. The day is so important to me, wondering how is the result? It is a risk cos I don't even know who is the photographer. The best thing is they are able to confirm my order on the spot without checking with the photographer/videographer, mine will be on the hot date. ??

rojak

I have 4 ampoules left over from my wedding. These ampoules are used by makeup artists to keep the makeup in tiptop condition for long hours during the photoshoot and actual day wedding. (a typical bride will need 3 vials -- 1 for photoshoot, 1 for morning makeup, and 1 for dinner banquet makeup)

Most makeup artists do not provide these FOC, and charge them ~$20-$30 per vial (1 vial is required per day).

I'm selling my makeup ampoules (german brand, and highly praised by my makeup artist to be very good for the skin) at $5 each. Discount if all 4 are purchased together. email me at triple_dots@hotmail.com if interested! :)

kiefer

There are some standard things which may incur you extra costs eventually if you do not put inside the contract.

Actual day makeup for the mummies. Most bridal houses do it for them FOC but my bridal house wanna charge me!! I am getting another makeup artist to do it instead. Not willing to succumb to these rip-offs.

Trial makeup for the bride. Standard issue for some studios but not for all. I have seen brides with terok makeup you better have a trial makeup to see whether you like them thicker or lighter.

Lastly, if you are buying extra photos. Do not look too keen or eager in getting them. The salesperson will almost always lower down the prices stated in contract if you buy the extras. This is where they make the most margins and they can easily lower down the price from the $80/photo. Afterall, the shots are already taken, and the extra 10 mins they spent to edit the photo do not costs $80 or even $40.