Bridal Studio visits

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member satinshoes is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Bridal Studio visits

Hi girls, everyone I've spoken to has shared horror stories of how they were stuck in the bridal studios and couldn't leave till they signed on the dotted line for the packages. Sounds terribly frightening and stressful for a first visit and you shouldn't decide on the spot, right? How do you girls manage these?

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    for me, i will scream at them after telling them numerous time that i need to consider first and get my parents to come and see as well. if they still don't let me go even after i screamed at them, i will take out my phone and call police.

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Waa hahaha did you tried that on any BS so far PrincessCrystal?

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    a few choices one is wat PrincessCrystal recommend or just tell them let you consider and walk out of the shop.

oh oh oh there is also another way is that you go to those BS without your partner so you can just tell them you have to discuss this with your the other half.

anyway not all the bs so bad la ... the only thing to bare in mind is that as long as you insist of not signing they also cant do anything to you. just say you got another appointment and you are late and just walk out.

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    the one Tenshi mentioned go without your partner that one works like a charm! That one valid reason and easier to get away.. I agree not all BS are so hard selling, but if you go in the morning they might hold you back from going out till you sign cos they want to close the 1st deal of the day kinda thing, thats what my cousin experienced and they signed with them lol =.= ended up the service was so bad and lots of delays that they persisted on a refund. So its always best to do some research on the service, offerings etc of the BS that you are going to visit first so at least if you do sign you won't be terrified of any shocking bad reviews later.

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i have not been to any bs in sg! i signed up with a taiwan bs during their wedding fair which i happened to passed by while walking at suntec with my fiance. and after talking with them for about 3hours, we signed up the package. my package include AD gowns so i will not be going any bs shop in sg to source for gowns. was telling my fiance that we should go and try out the gowns in sg if not seems weird that we have not even step into any sg bs at all. haha...

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    even after I sign up my package I still go to some BS to look at their gown and package.... cause I want to justify my package that my htb said its worth it. hahahah

so PrincessCrystal you should pick a few BS and go down and take a look!! errr If you have sign up with taiwan BS the more you should go to SIN BS to take a look. both have different kind of design (i mean the gown). its still interesting to see one. Enjoy!!

Member retrodots is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    wah...PrincessCrystal! very good idea! hahah! but if go bridal studio without the HTB then abit odd also right? i hate to be forced by salespeople. would rather take the money elsewhere!

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I don't like those hard selling kind of BS either. So if there with the HTB, one must play the bad guy when they start to get too pushy. Usually the guy can do this better since us girls will probably get all high looking at the gowns and photos! Just say the HTB wants to look around somemore before deciding on the best package for his WTB. No one looks bad and you can get out eventually. Hehe

Member pastelpink is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    business v competitive...that's why if u walk in they will wan to get ur business as quickly as they can lor. sometimes overpromise juz to get u to sign their package. so muz be firm if u really not sure/ don't want to sign up.

Junior Member xante is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My advice, don't rush, i rushed into my wedding package and i regretted it. Take time to shop until you see a dress you like. Also, if you are low risk taker do not take make to measure, i took make to measure its hard to convey your designs even with pictures from magazines. I paid alot for my package $4500 and the gown wasn't nice. Go for off the rack new pieces if the idea of a worn before gown doesn't appeal to you.

Senior Member Jiemin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    We always tell them we had a movie to catch, no time for them. We will come back after movie.

Member cayceeisme is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    They were really quite persuasive and annoying. Good thing my friends pulled my arm and kept informing them that we have to meet someone important.

Member maybellanne is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i was very frank during my encounter with them. i told them that i won't be signing up to anything until i've talked and made a decision with my htb. i told them that i have to leave because there's an important person i have to meet and left without hearing their reaction.

Member pinksweaters is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    a lot of bridal studio staff can be too persuasive that it gets a bit irritating