BTO Dilema

vance

Hi all, new here..
I have this dilema at the moment.. fiancee and i applied and got the bto punggol after 3rd try and made the deposit..
but now tampines greenwood is just 5 mins walk from my parents' place.. not sure if anyone knows if i have to forfeit my punggol application first before i can apply for the tampines one.. or can i try to apply for the tampines ones first still? Greenleaf and Greenwood that is..
I'm not greedy, just hoping to be nearer to parents particularly since my brother's mentally handicapped and parents' getting on age.. welcome to any suggestions and answers.. thanks alot

carlise

hi vance, if im not wrong, you will hav to forfeit the punggol application first before you can apply for tampines. why not check with your HDB officer when you applied? i think if you try applying for the tampines one, the system will show up that you already have an outstanding application for punggol and thus not allow you to bid. Best to check with your officer. You can let them know of your situation as well to make things more smooth for you. let us know how it goes. :)

jeweled

ahhh.. im really afraid this kind of situation will happen to me too! Am currently waiting for my turn for a flat selection in Punggol. But there's an upcoming one that will be nearer to my parent's place ):

PleASE let us know whats the result! THANKS!

vance

hi all sorry was busy with work..
yeah called the officer in charge of my punggol flat purchase.. no go =(
there's nothing such as Handicap Scheme or Assistance extended to families nor is there any special handling requests
if you apply online for the second one at the same time, it'll be voided at the backend and waste 10 bucks =\
sigh.. and dont bother msging the new guy taking charge from MBT.. esp via FB, he wont respond

meilingg

First timer will only get 2 chances to apply for new flats right?
If void the 1st try, i think you will only left 1 chance...

pinnpinn

Nope. U will still be able to apply. Just that if u are given 2 chance to choose a flat and u didnt choose (esp when it's left like 2nd or 3rd level), your application as a first timer will be taken away from you for one year (meaning you wont have an additional balloting "ticket", your chances will be equal to those 2nd timer applications (ie. no 1st timer privilege)

kimchoo

hope this won't happen to any of us - applied for the BTO then after that release a more ideal location especially now that they are releasing BTOs in mature estates where most of our parents will be staying already... =/

Ning87

hope this won't happen to any of us - applied for the BTO then after that release a more ideal location especially now that they are releasing BTOs in mature estates where most of our parents will be staying already... =/

I think thats why (dont want to sound naggy) we gotta think and plan carefully before bidding..

also abit regret coz they releasing some good areas that will definately be nearer to my parents also but now we going to go select punggol one.. hai...

kimchoo

Ning87 ah Ning87, it's ok lah...some things in life how to plan until so swee swee? punggol gonna be very far from your parents place?

rojak

I think thats why (dont want to sound naggy) we gotta think and plan carefully before bidding..

also abit regret coz they releasing some good areas that will definately be nearer to my parents also but now we going to go select punggol one.. hai...

Yar very hard to plan some stuff tho. For one, you don't know what other areas will be brought out for bidding and when. Further, even if a better area comes out, how can you be so sure you will even get a queue number for that? It's too uncertain... haiz..

shopperholic

juz decide and then apply lor. know that the money things involved makes it harder to just anyhow anyhow. so can only hope and pray for the best! :)

Ning87

Ning87 ah Ning87, it's ok lah...some things in life how to plan until so swee swee? punggol gonna be very far from your parents place?

awww.. thanks for trying to consol me.. cannot plan swee swee also hope can plan near swee swee mah..

punggol is DAMNED far from my parents. HAHA!! we now staying novena.. but my bf place in hougang.. then he want to stay near his hometown coz he grew up there.. but for me, i no hometown actually coz my whole life, my parents keep shifting.. haha.but wanna stay near my home also la..

Ning87

Yar very hard to plan some stuff tho. For one, you don't know what other areas will be brought out for bidding and when. Further, even if a better area comes out, how can you be so sure you will even get a queue number for that? It's too uncertain... haiz..

yar lor true lor.. the system is abit lousy..

u know? we balloted since last yr.. but only this yr can get. somemore both we get was punggol.. all other areas, all rejected.. so sad when we got number but before our turn, hdb send us a sms telling us not to come down. WAH LOU!!

sweetluv

hi Ning87, yea the system is quite confusing, especially now that they launch so many more units and projects, things are getting even more busy for HDB and more headaches will come..