To buy or rent wedding gown?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Lyn1984 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

To buy or rent wedding gown?

Any advice girls? Thinking of going overseas to get a gown.

Junior Member aprilfoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    maybe renting a gown would be a wise decision since you only get to use the dress once.

but if you're thinking of making the gown as an heirloom piece that you could pass on to your daughter, and to the next generations, purchasing a high quality gown is a good investment.

Junior Member eunize is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    to buy gown overseas may not be so ideal as to purchase or rent local where i could guarantee their service like alteration, acessories..till the day i get marry..

Junior Member cutenico16 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think it depends on what you want to achieve by buying a gown. If you want to ditch the standard bridal package + pre-wedding photography and just want a gown for the big day, probably buying is better, as renting just a gown from most bridal boutiques here is also quite expensive. I was quoted around $1500~$2000 when I was inquiring previously. But of course, there are some small business renting them at a much cheaper price at couple hundreds dollars.

You can get some decent ones from China off the rack for couple hundreds dollars, obviously they are not going to be of top rate qualities.

I was looking for some good qualities gown and found a good bridal dress shop in KL, Malaysia that sells designer label wedding dress. Their service and quality is superb but the price is not cheap.

There are some boutiques in Singapore also sell designer label dresses. I haven't got the chance to check them out yet. But the price tag seems steep.

Junior Member nessyclare is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    It is definitely worthwhile to search overseas if you happen to be going there. sometimes when it comes to shopping, the more you look for something the more it seems to evade you right? from my experience, it is worthwhile to shop around in sg. after all the sales are still going on and there is further markdown at places like club 21 brands. I also went to Dress Sense on the weekend. The staff told me they're having a storewide clearance up to 80%. Referred me to their album for styles https://www.facebook.com/dress.sense.../photos_albums lots of great options for evening gown.

Junior Member secrets is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    looking for wedding gown overseas? yeah i think you should give it a try. search in places where its cheaper.. you can also look online ad have it delivered to you.. just make sure u have enough time to make alterations since you cant be so sure that it will fit you perfectly.

Member persun is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    maybe you can get a wedding dress online.

Junior Member cherryli is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    if i were u, i would like to buy a wedding dress. just think that the wedding is the most important day in everyone's life.
    and i would have my own wedding dress to remember the special day. One day i were old to look this dress, it would call up my happy wedding memories.

Junior Member plusaizdiva is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If you want to save on some cash, I recommend you check dhgate website. I had my wedding gown ordered there and 2 other gowns I used as an entourage. Most of the items are made in China. But there are plenty of designs to choose from.. Some original designs, some copied from designer labels.

But you have to be careful, check the reputation of the seller and the reviews.

So far the 3 gowns I received looked better in actual than in the photos. I just sent them my measurements and surprisingly the fit was just nice also. I spent 100-150sgd for the entourage gown and my bridal gown with petticoat is 250sgd only.

Junior Member littlemousey is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If you can afford it, i think it's nice to buy. Even if you will only wear it once at least you get to have a souvenir on your special day.

Member coffeetea is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i think it's cheaper to rent a gown. it's really budget-friendly too.

Member spottydotty is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I really want to buy my own wedding gown since it's a memorable event. Seeing the gown will help me reminisce happy memories.

Member misspudding is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Depends on your budget but if you have enough, you can but your own custom-made gown for a perfect fitting.

Member rainbowskies is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    if you're planning on getting a gown overseas, then it would be better if you buy it instead of renting.

Member teatime is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i prefer buying the wedding gown so you can still keep it as a remembrance after the wedding