Cang Ai Wedding

melo

hi dears, any of you with cang ai wedding? how's it like? was thinking of doing a taiwan wedding package with them because i love taiwan's scenery for wedding photos, anyone had experience with them? thanks in advance girls!

bearlove

i signed up with cang ai because of their gowns, their package normally range from $3xxx to $6xxx. mine was local package because i could not take leave, otherwise i would have gone with the taiwan one sobs sobs. they are professional, their pictures are really good and i loved them. if you intend to go for taiwan shoot, good choice also, i heard that they are quite established in taiwan and have a few branches in taiwan itself. good if you want more assurance with a singapore company and go to taiwan for photoshoot. downside is that they are more expensive than pure taiwan companies who do not have branches in singapore, because i guess singapore rental is higher? haha. hope it helps melo!

lynnie

hey bearlove, how's their make up artist and photography? considering between cang ai and a few others, would be helpful if you can give your opinions!

Joanne

Hey there! I've took Cang Ai hehe.. but I haven't take the shooting and try their gowns yet, i've signed one year + ago.. hahaa.. waiting for my braces to be off..

I agree.. their photos and gowns are really nice.. tho the price is slightly expensive, I took the local shooting, coz my frds all had bad experience having their photoshoot at Taiwan.. their photos turn out to be not really fantastic..

And I'm finally heading for gowns trying next week! I'm so excited! haha..

My frd took Cangai and had her shots everything done earlier this year, the photos are really beautiful! Taiwan bridal are really different, they think outta the box, their hairdo and makeup are really nice!

melo

thanks bearlove for the review! hi Joanne, OMG HI 5!!! i'm also waiting for my braces to be off!! i still have another 1 year + though! both of us are braces bride to bes now.. heheee. :wub: how come you signed so early since you will take some time before you take yr braces off? :)

btw, did you take cang ai for wedding package or only photoshoot?

poshberries

Hi, recently brought my bf's sis to Cangai. But their sales person was quite pushy. Kept asking her to place a simple $500 deposit. When we decided not to sign up and walk away, she mentioned it is even ok to place $100 as a deposit if she is a sincere customer. In the end, we walked off and did not sign up with them but instead with La Belle, which is a better and wiser choice in terms of service. Hope this helps. Thanks!

lynnie

hi poshberries, could you share the package details they gave your bf's sis? :) I suppose the thing i like about them is their gowns and they are one of the few taiwan companies who actually hav a company in singapore, which will be safer for taiwan photoshoot. thanks for the help girl! :)

poshberries

Hi, it is indeed true not many Taiwan's bridal shops have subsidiary companies in Singapore. This is very important because if anything goes wrong, you can find them without having much problem. Btw, I cannot remember everything as I was only accompanying my bf's sis there. All I can recall as much was they have beautiful gowns which are more like taiwanese' delight. More sweet and princess style. When we asked if she could try on the gowns, the staffs were friendly and they really allowed us to try a few gowns. This is the basic customer service which they provided that made us quite delightful. Some of the gowns are really pretty which I do not want to deny. FYI, Candice Hui Ping and Hong Junyang were their patrons for their wedding gowns. And you could see their picture just outside their shop as an advert.

FYI, the package offered was before discount. They will provide things like 4 or 5 gowns (including 1 actual day, 1 evening, 1 chinese kua and 1 or 2 photoshooting gowns), 2 groom suits, 4 or 6 corsages, 6 car knob flower decors, 2 Fathers' blazers, 1 free trial make-up, 1 simple bridesmaid gown and/or 1 bestman blazer/suit, 1 actual day hand bouquet and etc. This is what I can recall only. Is this what was offer for your package? Let me know to see I can help any further. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Last edited:

missylis

Hi, it is indeed true not many Taiwan's bridal shops have subsidiary companies in Singapore. This is very important because if anything goes wrong, you can find them without having much problem. Btw, I cannot remember everything as I was only accompanying my bf's sis there. All I can recall as much was they have beautiful gowns which are more like taiwanese' delight. More sweet and princess style. When we asked if she could try on the gowns, the staffs were friendly and they really allowed us to try a few gowns. This is the basic customer service which they provided that made us quite delightful. Some of the gowns are really pretty which I do not want to deny. FYI, Candice Hui Ping and Hong Junyang were their patrons for their wedding gowns. And you could see their picture just outside their shop as an advert.

FYI, the package offered was before discount. They will provide things like 4 or 5 gowns (including 1 actual day, 1 evening, 1 chinese kua and 1 or 2 photoshooting gowns), 2 groom suits, 4 or 6 corsages, 6 car knob flower decors, 2 Fathers' blazers, 1 free trial make-up, 1 simple bridesmaid gown and/or 1 bestman blazer/suit, 1 actual day hand bouquet and etc. This is what I can recall only. Is this what was offer for your package? Let me know to see I can help any further. Hope this helps. Thanks!

thanks for the info posh. :) btw the manager is it china or taiwan lady? saw the manager before and i think she's from china or taiwan. it's gonna be hard to talk to her like that if she only speaks chinese well, my chinese is like duck talking to chicken lol!

poshberries

thanks for the info posh. :) btw the manager is it china or taiwan lady? saw the manager before and i think she's from china or taiwan. it's gonna be hard to talk to her like that if she only speaks chinese well, my chinese is like duck talking to chicken lol!

Hi missylis, sorry for my late reply. I think the manager located in the Tanjong Pagar shop is a Taiwanese, we asked her and confirmed she really is a Taiwanese. Well, I think it is very important for a wedd co-ord in Singapore to be bilingual because we have so many different races & ethic people living in this small community. Do not feel bad about unable to communicate in Chinese, we are all trained to speak English (First language) before our Mother tongue (Mandarin) in school afterall (lolz). All I can say is that for me, I am a well-versed in chinese student yet I also find it so hard to communicate with her in Mandarin. Especially when she writes down all the "terms" in Chinese and we may not know what exactly has been written to be really true. She could be so much better than us in twisting words in black & white. Therefore, I did not put her in my list of consideration that time.

Well, come back to our topic, have you got any other bridal shops in mind? Maybe you can visit other shops along the stretch in Tanjong Pagar, I give my advice that you can try La Belle or White Weddings. They are in the same area. Just walk down from Cang Ai from the same side down, you will see La Belle Couture, they have got a lot nice gowns and most importantly excellent staffs with bilingual ability. Most of their gowns (wedding and evening) are kept nicely at the 2nd storey, try to request to have a look at their selection if you like. FYI, an upcoming bridal show will be holding in Suntec from 11 to 13 Feb. Hope this helps. Thanks!

missylis

hey posh, thanks for the review on them. :) i had actually signed up for a taiwan pre-wedding photoshoot before i did my research on bridal studios. silly me should hav done research first b4 signing haha. after going thru the process i feel that even though the cost is slightly higher, i would have gone with a local bridal studio with taiwan studio (like cangai) simply because the coordination would be much easier. any thing dont know/understand can just call or go down to the shop and enquire. unlike now where i hav to coordinate with the taiwan bs which i signed with via email. sometimes they dont respond or take v long to reply, then when they reply it's in chinese which i can't read very well haha. i may actually sign with cangai for their taiwan package, but fiance and i still thinking about it because it would be double the cost.

no wonder i didnt see most of the other studio's gowns when i peered in, they are kept at the second level haha. will check them out again soon, thanks so much for all your advices posh! i hope your planning goes well for you! :wub:

Joie

Anyone completed their ps in singapore and AD with Cang Ai?? Any reviews on their after ps services?

balletbee

Hi there,
I'm going for my photoshoot in Kenting, Taiwan next saturday 19th March 2011! Very excited. Will share more when i'm back..

My reason for signing up with cang ai is because they won't very pushy at all when i went there with my gf one year ago. Maybe just different people has their own different way of pushing sales.

I'm now just praying i don't spend extra for the photos....:p

serene_kinki

Hi

I also booked the package together with my friends.
We going to Taipei on Apr 2011
Quite nice experience with them so far.
Friendly, helpful and alot of useful tips given to us before we plan our trip to taiwan for shooting.

balletbee

I just came back from my shoot in Kenting.I've to say nothing but one word AMAZING!!! The service standard there is really gr8. Really enjoyed everything about it there. Photo choosing wise, they were not very pushy. They left it to us to choose from the 300+ pics they took for us during our 1 day shoot. The photographer Hai Hai was very helpful in making decisions for us on which pictures would make the album nice. In the end we chose 75 pics in total. My bf and i are still thinking of the wonderful memories they gave us.

One tip for those going to Kenting. because u need to stay in Kaohsiung , do try Kindness Hotel Lio He Ye Shi cos they provide free laundry for use and also internet and printing. Really a nice small hotel. For the price you pay ~$70SGD/night. Can book from agoda.

I was quite lucky the Girl who served me Jing Wen is actually the model for Cang Ai.. hahah i realized that later.

purpledino

hi balletbee, thanks for sharing with us! happy for you that you had such a great time, pre-wedding photoshoot really affects our mood for wedding! a happy photoshoot will make us look forward to our wedding even more. ^^

did you manage to keep to the number of photos on your package? or you bought more? :)

balletbee

Purpledino no worries :)

In the end we added another 30 pictures but my bf paid for it heheh...
Good thing about Cang Ai is that they wrote down how much is it if we add 30/ 40/50 pics. There's not much difference between adding 30/40 pics. The only big difference is if we add 50 , there's a $SGD5 savings per pic which comes up to only ~$30SGD per piece. But the thing is we were quite prudent with selection and only selected those we determined at first sight that is nice. Although they did say they can do alterations. I felt that too much alteration to the natural pics also look doctered. so i selected those that even without alteration would be nice as well.

In the end our package with 75 pics is 4888. I think its quite reasonable. I don't like to add int he airfare and accomodation to the package because it was also our holiday. On the whole i'm very happy with the price and service :)

balletbee

Perhaps i'd like to point out my package also includes actual day gowns , bridemaids dresses and jackets for father and groom.

confettis

Hi balletbee, I understand that you went to Kenting for your PS, did Cangai allow you to choose between Taipei and Kenting? Im going to Taiwan for my PS also either this or next year and I'm trying to decide where to go. Thanks! :)

balletbee

Confettis,
Yes they did let me choose. You can go to HK, Macau, Tapei or Kaohsiung to take pics all up to you. I've to say going to Kenting is really tiring because you've got to take the HSR from Taoyuan to Kaohisung right after your flight. Lugging so many things around it was really an experience haha... Plus the 2 hour car trip down to Kenting can be quite tiring as well. But it was all worth it. :)Have fun with your photographer!!!