Cheaper Wedding Banquets at Wedding Fair?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member renhui85 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Cheaper Wedding Banquets at Wedding Fair?

Hi!! my bf just proposed and we're planning to get married nxt yr 2012. I heard from a friend that it's cheaper to get wedding dinner banquets packages from wedding fair. Has anyone signed up any deals at wedding fair? Just wondering if it's true and when is the next wedding fair coming up? can anyone help?
    Thanks!

Member jelly is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi renhui!

in fact, there is a wedding show coming up today at Grand Copthorne Waterfront (1-6pm; 48 nett per couple).

For GCW (and I would think most hotels) does not have cheaper wedding banquets per se, it's more of perks that they are giving during the show. For eg, GCW offers a complimentary table on actual day (or free food tasting for 10 pax), 1 bottle of wine per confirmed table (which isnt THAT great, coz quite a few hotels alrd offer that in their normal pkg), and a sure-win lucky dip w rebate from 688 to 1288 if u confirm (ie: pay deposit) today. It works out to about slightly less than 2k savings, i would say quite a substantial sum actually.

have u started your search for a venue? if not, i guess you prob cant impulsely decide on the place today if you were to go down for the show haha

Senior Member Sher is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    agreed with jelly. it's more of the perks, and at least you get to see the place and try the food first. try not to delay getting you venue, the prices are increasing year by year..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yup! try not to delay getting the venue renhui! there are quite a few couples who book their venue waay in advance. im planning for mine to be in sep 12, and quite a few hotels are booked/blocked alrd! i mean ive heard about ppl who booked their venues at least 1.5yr in advance but i didnt really think they exist. now i know hahaha.

renhui, intercontinental and marina mandarin are having bridal show today as well. it's complimentary entry for intercon, not too sure bout marina mandarin. maybe you can take a look at these two venues as well

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh no!! i just saw ur reply! Guess i can't go down to check out the Wedding fair... I've yet to choose a date for my wedding. But we're looking at oct-dec 2012.. Thanks for the info!!

Member pastelpink is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yah we also hv to decide when the wedding is going to be. if not go to the hotel must tell them which date already right?

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    would recommend you to have at least the wedding date if not you go liao also cant do anything as you cant log on it. those who do not have your date fix will not recommend you to log onto any hotel as the date might be already booked in that hotel by then you have to move your wedding dates accordingly to the hotel availability rather then the date that you want

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks Tenshi! will get my HTB to choose a date soon.
    Btw, do you have any recommendations as to which hotel is suitable for a wedding dinner for about 21-23 tables. Budget set at 1.1k nett per table.
    I'm looking at Furama Riverfront. Their perks are very good but i'm not sure about their ballroom, food and service.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    renhui85 you might like to read up on that hotel thread. you might like to check out on GC waterfront, York hotel, pan pac orchard, pan pac marina, park royal beach road and merchant court.

Carlton ... got mix review on them la and i would say see your luck too to meet a nice sales person.

do read up on those bridal studios too before you go down. it will be very helpful too.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    renhui85 if you dun mind just doing it at restaurant then you might want to try poney jade at clark quay the max they hold i think its 22 or 25 tables you might like to check it out.

food wise not bad. if you max out their tables then tat night the whole restaurant will be yours liao.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    if you dont mind a restaurant (in a hotel) which is slightly oddly-shaped with a few corners, you can try Copthorne King as well. They will hold it in the Tien Court (restaurant helmed by celeb chef, Ho Tian Tsai), the package is very comprehensive and cost slightly over 900 nett for 9 course weekend dinner (the menu looks yummy!). There's even free flow wine or beer!!

They do provide live-feed due to the shape of the restaurant. Might wan to go down and take a look at that; but they said the min is 25 though. maybe it's negotiable if the date u've chosen is not a popular date?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks so much!!! Was very stress over d wedding banquet.

Member pastelpink is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    mai stress mai stress...look through all the recommendation here first lorz...then u get an idea of what u wan...

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Pastelpink: change in number of tables now. Went up to 35-40 tables!!! Hahaha!

Member angelwings is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi renhui85, have you chosen your hotel yet? do check out the hotels that you want first, perks can wait for their roadshow or open house then sign