Church's Bride

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Church's Bride

Junior Member coldbreeze88 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Smile Church's Bride

Anybody that needed help on how to prepare for your Church Wedding Ceremony? Please fall in here....

Member Goldmaiden is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Will be god to receive some advise!

Junior Member jayc is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Falling in!
    I'm having a Nuptial Mass in church.

Are you guys having a mass too? Any hymn recommendation?

I'm thinking of not printing booklets and just flashing everything via projector..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Do the church not provide the wedding service booklet? Must print on our own?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Goldmaiden: yup, usually the couple print their own order of service booklets. the parish office may be able to provide you with samples though!

have you picked your readings?

Junior Member coldbreeze88 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    Goldmaiden: yup, usually the couple print their own order of service booklets. the parish office may be able to provide you with samples though!

Wedding Mass Booklet and Wedding Service Booklet are different.
    Using projector will enable you to save some cost on the printing but do make sure that your Church do have the projector.
    Not forgetting to arrange with the Church Secretarial to get the person-in-charge of the power point to be present on your AD.

As for the reading and responsial psalm if you are a Catholic there are certain guidelines that you need to follow.
    The most important things is that you need to understand the whole procedure that will make your wedding meaning.
    Example the lighting of the Matrimony Candle by the couple parents .. what does it mean..
    The new couple lighting up the Matrimony candle together and the act of blowing off the small candle that you received from your parents. what does all that mean.... actually the whole procession is very meaningful..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Rolleyes

Jaycees: Nope, I've not chosen the readings yet. How about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Goldmaiden: yup, we've picked..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Any good church choir to recommend?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    goldmaiden: which parish are you having your wedding? usually you could ask one of their choirs, alternatively, visit a few parishes at different mass times to see which choir you like!

i've heard Holy Trinity choir a couple of times and like the choir that has a young guy as their choir master! can check them out.

i'm either going with my church's youth choir or getting a few friends/family together as they're all in their own church choirs (:

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Can anyone advise me on the exact cost involved to hold the holy matrimony in a catholic church please?

jayc, I'll be likely to hold mine in Sacred Hearts

Junior Member tanjoeann is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmaiden View Post
    Can anyone advise me on the exact cost involved to hold the holy matrimony in a catholic church please?

jayc, I'll be likely to hold mine in Sacred Hearts
    It really depends on the church. Can contact them to ask. I've heard some churches require a min donation of $800, but mine was $300 for just the church, and additional $200 for the foyer to have our lunch.

On the actual day, usually couples will bao an ang bao for Father as well as the alter boys. Not sure how much to bao the alter boys, but my fiance said when he was younger and was an alter boy for weddings, getting $10 was a big bonus to him! But I would think there would be some "inflation".

You will also have to book a choir. My church told me its better to use their own church's choir because only they would be able to use their church equipment. If I were to get other church choir, they will have to bring their own equipment and set up etc. Offerings for the church choir ranges, but I heard the "going-rate" is $400. My church's secretary told me that the church has 5 choirs that I can approach, one group for each mass (eg, 11am mass and 5pm mass for Saturday and Sunday has a different choir)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    so aside from Father's angbao, altar boys angbao, choir's angbao, canteen rental, church rental, florist cost, I guess that's all to it for holding the solemnization in church right?

Thanks tanjoeann. I'll check with the church for more details too Just wanted to know what to expect before talking to them. :p

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh yes! Flowers too! Have to check whether they have their own in-house florist that we MUST use, or we can bring in other vendors. But do check with the church what kinda flower arrangements are allowed as our solemnization are during lent period. My church's secretary told me not to do anything too over the top as it is during lent. Best to check whether your priest is ok to marry you during lent as well.

If your mass is the earlier time slot, also ask by what time you must leave the main hall after the mass has ended for them to prep for the next wedding. Because my planner was telling me, some church will chase the couple out even though they still haven take finish their group photos. -_-

I hope that these are majority of the cost! Do let me know if I missed anything out as well!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh yes! must attend Engaged Encounter or Marriage Prep Course as well! The last I checked, EE is fully booked till July 2013.