+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 55
Thread: Cost of ROM
12-06-2011 11:14 PM #1
Cost of ROM
Was just wondering how much did all BTB or brides spend/intend to spend on their ROM event? (If it's held separately).
I just did some calculation and realize mine will gonna be a 5 digit or almost a 5 ): Was thinking if I should give up on some ideas of mine and HTB's idea
13-06-2011 03:27 AM #2
Hi pinn! I am gonna have a church ROM wedding thats a day before the AD, the cost we planned out is going to be about 13-14k. but for us cos its inviting church friends who will not be there on the AD wedding banquet so we do get ang baos from there as well that can help cover some cost.
What ideas do you have in mind? share lea, I help you pick the good ones out
13-06-2011 08:53 AM #3
if you are able to hold your ROM with your AD banquet together, you will not spend too much money for your ROM. you can have your solemnization before your banquet and just tell your hotel coordinator that you need a room for your solemnization and they will rent u the room for free (for most hotels). there will be some simple deco in the room.
13-06-2011 10:33 AM #4
Im having it on a different day because it will be less troublesome and we kinda needed it for our house initially (plan changed cos we are not getting condo anymore since we managed to get a waiver and got a HDB instead). As the venue is already booked and it was all along our plan to have it separately, we go ahead with it.
Well, currently, our cost come up to about approx $8000ish. What is included in that amount is:
1. Wedding venue (Amara Sentosa's Glass Pavilion at $1888++, which is about $2300)
2. High tea buffet for about 70pax @ $60++ each ($4914)
3. Bride-groom outfit (approx $280)
4. Make-up artist ($280)
5. Photographer ( $360)
Some additional cost that will be incurred include:
1. Red packet for JP (which will be around $50?)
2. Guest Book (Gonna DIY it, so sld be around 100ish bah? but might be lesser cos I got some ingredients at home)
3. Decorations for the venue (Not gonna hire florist cos I think it will be expensive?)
4. Hand Bouquet (Not sure how much it usually cost. Any idea?)
5. Polaroid and film (Idea is to take photos of guest, and then make them write wishes beside their photos in the guest book. Kinda like those birthday thingy kids do nowadays. Always wanted one, and one of my friend actually intend to get me one. But it will only be after my event cos she's overseas studying ): )
6. Pre-wed casual photo shot. cos we need photos for our customized invitation! Thats what HTB wants. But yea, we can use existing photos. Pre-wed shot = what I want, invitation card = what HTB wants. The wedding shot will be around $600 for 3 hours and we wont know how much will the printing cost.
13-06-2011 10:48 AM #5
decoration for venue is really expensive. which can be from $1500 onwards.
hand bouquet usually from $60 onwards for a simple ones.
13-06-2011 11:28 AM #6
13-06-2011 11:41 AM #7
maybe u can call up some florist and check out the prices. if not you can always DIY. just buy some organza, balloons to decor it.
13-06-2011 12:57 PM #8
Hi pinnpinn, you can take a look at recommended florists here: Floral Decorator and Florist
Their rates are reasonable and will save you alot of time doing the decor yourself. We'll be having an exclusive promotion with them soon, it will be worth the wait. Not as expensive as PrincessCrystal said, haha.
All the best in your wedding preparations!
13-06-2011 01:03 PM #9
13-06-2011 01:16 PM #10
Haha anniesfaith its coming right up next week Up to 50% discount for some floral decor packages and some giveaways too! ^^
13-06-2011 01:34 PM #11
i heard from people the prices are from $1500 onwards thats why it would be better if DIY.
50% discount for some floral decor packages and some giveaways is really a good good deal! can't wait for the promo!
13-06-2011 02:19 PM #12
13-06-2011 04:03 PM #13
13-06-2011 10:39 PM #14
Hahaha pinn you naughty! hah but it can help save some cost though you might have to trouble yourself with finding the flowers, choosing the right type of matching flowers, decorating etc, can be quite alot of work I imagine. oh and flowers aren't cheap either.. but wow thanks Pixie! I look forward to the promos!
oh back to you pinn dear, is the normal rate for JP $50? I thought its about $100? You got your photography at a pretty good rate for $360! Hand bouquet as Princess said can cost about $60 upwards to about $100. I really like your polaroid and film idea!! It really does help keep the memories with photos! Its that kind of take pic instant print out kind of camera right? Do you know how much that kind of camera cost? lucky you can get for free =p
From the items that you listed, they all seem to be necessary.. the bulk of the cost is taken up by the venue and catering. Not much I can think of to lower your cost, but it would be a very beautiful and enjoyable day for sure!
14-06-2011 10:16 AM #15
I did my rom at a hotel and catered buffet for 100 pax. Spent total of about 6k just for the event.
By Sher in forum Wedding Planning TipsReplies: 78Last Post: 23-10-2014, 04:49 PM
By Kimmy in forum Home and DecorReplies: 11Last Post: 08-07-2011, 02:51 PM
By yesu_keti in forum Home and DecorReplies: 4Last Post: 28-03-2011, 03:52 PM