+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost of ROM

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Cost of ROM

Hi all!

Was just wondering how much did all BTB or brides spend/intend to spend on their ROM event? (If it's held separately).

I just did some calculation and realize mine will gonna be a 5 digit or almost a 5 ): Was thinking if I should give up on some ideas of mine and HTB's idea

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi pinn! I am gonna have a church ROM wedding thats a day before the AD, the cost we planned out is going to be about 13-14k. but for us cos its inviting church friends who will not be there on the AD wedding banquet so we do get ang baos from there as well that can help cover some cost.

What ideas do you have in mind? share lea, I help you pick the good ones out

Senior Member PrincessCrystal is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    Hi all!

Was just wondering how much did all BTB or brides spend/intend to spend on their ROM event? (If it's held separately).

I just did some calculation and realize mine will gonna be a 5 digit or almost a 5 ): Was thinking if I should give up on some ideas of mine and HTB's idea
    Hi pinnpinn,

if you are able to hold your ROM with your AD banquet together, you will not spend too much money for your ROM. you can have your solemnization before your banquet and just tell your hotel coordinator that you need a room for your solemnization and they will rent u the room for free (for most hotels). there will be some simple deco in the room.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Im having it on a different day because it will be less troublesome and we kinda needed it for our house initially (plan changed cos we are not getting condo anymore since we managed to get a waiver and got a HDB instead). As the venue is already booked and it was all along our plan to have it separately, we go ahead with it.

Well, currently, our cost come up to about approx $8000ish. What is included in that amount is:
    1. Wedding venue (Amara Sentosa's Glass Pavilion at $1888++, which is about $2300)
    2. High tea buffet for about 70pax @ $60++ each ($4914)
    3. Bride-groom outfit (approx $280)
    4. Make-up artist ($280)
    5. Photographer ( $360)

Some additional cost that will be incurred include:
    1. Red packet for JP (which will be around $50?)
    2. Guest Book (Gonna DIY it, so sld be around 100ish bah? but might be lesser cos I got some ingredients at home)
    3. Decorations for the venue (Not gonna hire florist cos I think it will be expensive?)
    4. Hand Bouquet (Not sure how much it usually cost. Any idea?)
    5. Polaroid and film (Idea is to take photos of guest, and then make them write wishes beside their photos in the guest book. Kinda like those birthday thingy kids do nowadays. Always wanted one, and one of my friend actually intend to get me one. But it will only be after my event cos she's overseas studying ): )
    6. Pre-wed casual photo shot. cos we need photos for our customized invitation! Thats what HTB wants. But yea, we can use existing photos. Pre-wed shot = what I want, invitation card = what HTB wants. The wedding shot will be around $600 for 3 hours and we wont know how much will the printing cost.

SIGH!!!!!!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    decoration for venue is really expensive. which can be from $1500 onwards.
    hand bouquet usually from $60 onwards for a simple ones.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    decoration for venue is really expensive. which can be from $1500 onwards.
    hand bouquet usually from $60 onwards for a simple ones.
    Im thinking, is 150$ enough for my own decorations? If it's simple I guess it sld be fine? Haha

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    maybe u can call up some florist and check out the prices. if not you can always DIY. just buy some organza, balloons to decor it.

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi pinnpinn, you can take a look at recommended florists here: Floral Decorator and Florist

Their rates are reasonable and will save you alot of time doing the decor yourself. We'll be having an exclusive promotion with them soon, it will be worth the wait. Not as expensive as PrincessCrystal said, haha.

All the best in your wedding preparations!

Senior Member anniesfaith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectPixie View Post
    Hi pinnpinn, you can take a look at recommended florists here: Floral Decorator and Florist

Their rates are reasonable and will save you alot of time doing the decor yourself. We'll be having an exclusive promotion with them soon, it will be worth the wait. Not as expensive as PrincessCrystal said, haha.

Ohhh!!! PerfectPixie!!! I love u for that!!! I will definitely wait for the promo

Moderator PerfectPixie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Haha anniesfaith its coming right up next week Up to 50% discount for some floral decor packages and some giveaways too! ^^

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i heard from people the prices are from $1500 onwards thats why it would be better if DIY.

50% discount for some floral decor packages and some giveaways is really a good good deal! can't wait for the promo!

Senior Member anniesfaith is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCrystal View Post
    i heard from people the prices are from $1500 onwards thats why it would be better if DIY.

50% discount for some floral decor packages and some giveaways is really a good good deal! can't wait for the promo!
    I will definitely wait... wait patiently *tapping-fingers*

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectPixie View Post

Maybe I can "steal" some ideas from them and DIY myself instead! Haha

Senior Member tracylim is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hahaha pinn you naughty! hah but it can help save some cost though you might have to trouble yourself with finding the flowers, choosing the right type of matching flowers, decorating etc, can be quite alot of work I imagine. oh and flowers aren't cheap either.. but wow thanks Pixie! I look forward to the promos!

oh back to you pinn dear, is the normal rate for JP $50? I thought its about $100? You got your photography at a pretty good rate for $360! Hand bouquet as Princess said can cost about $60 upwards to about $100. I really like your polaroid and film idea!! It really does help keep the memories with photos! Its that kind of take pic instant print out kind of camera right? Do you know how much that kind of camera cost? lucky you can get for free =p

From the items that you listed, they all seem to be necessary.. the bulk of the cost is taken up by the venue and catering. Not much I can think of to lower your cost, but it would be a very beautiful and enjoyable day for sure!

Junior Member firedred is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I did my rom at a hotel and catered buffet for 100 pax. Spent total of about 6k just for the event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast