Cost of ROM - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cost of ROM

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by tracylim View Post
    Hahaha pinn you naughty! hah but it can help save some cost though you might have to trouble yourself with finding the flowers, choosing the right type of matching flowers, decorating etc, can be quite alot of work I imagine. oh and flowers aren't cheap either.. but wow thanks Pixie! I look forward to the promos!

oh back to you pinn dear, is the normal rate for JP $50? I thought its about $100? You got your photography at a pretty good rate for $360! Hand bouquet as Princess said can cost about $60 upwards to about $100. I really like your polaroid and film idea!! It really does help keep the memories with photos! Its that kind of take pic instant print out kind of camera right? Do you know how much that kind of camera cost? lucky you can get for free =p

From the items that you listed, they all seem to be necessary.. the bulk of the cost is taken up by the venue and catering. Not much I can think of to lower your cost, but it would be a very beautiful and enjoyable day for sure!
    Yes, the photographer is relatively cheap I must say (: Was thinking if I should hire them for a pre-wed shot too. It cost about 560ish? HTB says if I want, then make it happen. Hmmm... from the ROM website, it mentioned $28 onward. But for my JP, i read from forum elsewhere that couples gave him a range of $38 to $68. So I think around $50 should be ok? A JP for a friend of mine told the couple straight that he wants $88!!!!!! Luckily mine didnt tell me how much I must pay. Phew.

And yes, the items listed all are necessary. My friends will be helping out with the decorations. They have been giving me ideas. So I guess it sld be good? Hehe. Trying to keep it simple so flowers, yes, might be necessary, but we are thinking of decorations that are "outside the box" As for the camera, it usually cost like $100? It's the films that are expensive. I might get one myself. Hehe. Kinda paiseh to receive that from my friend! But we'll see how it goes :P

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by firedred View Post
    I did my rom at a hotel and catered buffet for 100 pax. Spent total of about 6k just for the event.
    Without taking into consideration other cost like photography, decorations etc?

Member germainetay is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by firedred View Post
    I did my rom at a hotel and catered buffet for 100 pax. Spent total of about 6k just for the event.
    Was the buffet catering from the hotel or external provider?

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hmm, floral decorations are not so expensive if you go to the wholesale centers instead of the small florists. if you wanna save further, can DIY, it costs ~$1 per flower from wholesalers. So with $150, you get 150 flowers already! i'm refering to standard roses lah.. prices vary for different types of flowers. Will be worthwhile checking out these wholesalers, i figured the prices halve and you get double the number of flowers!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Any ideas where those wholesalers are located? Are those located at markets consider? Hehe

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    haha markets.. u can get flowers but i doubt they actually will do the decorations for you? wholesalers are located all over singapore actually. you can try far east flora, which has alot alot of outlets.. so will be convenient for you wherever you live / having the ROM etc. there's also sing see soon, jimei... you can check them out. they charge differently tho, so would be good if you can go down and talk to them about your requirements, and see which of them quote the best price for you.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks! I only need the flowers I guess? And get ideas from decorations online (:

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i thought of doing tt too, getting flowers then my friends to help put them up. but it really adds up to alot of work, which has to be done on the morning of the wedding. Plus, i want alot alot ALOT of flowers. so considering the time constraints and not wanting to tax my friends THAT much, i'm thinking of getting the wholesaler to do up part of the venue, and provide 2 floral stands (which are harder to do for amateurs). then my friends will add on to the flowers, and do up the reception decorations, solemnization table etc.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ahhh! Good idea, I dont know that wholesaler do decorations too! I think I wont need alot of flowers. Mine is just a simple ROM event. Just need some extra simple decoration other than what was provided by the hotel

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes they do! ohh hotel has decorations, then it might be easier. i'm doing up my entire venue, that's why. why don' you consider fake flowers or paper flowers, or something that can be kept, so that you can actually keep it for your AD (if you have one) too? Then you can spend time making it personalized, and yet not waste the effort coz it can be used twice ^_^

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I've considered that! Not paper flowers or fake flowers but other hand-made decorations. Like signage etc. I've done a couple for my friends before (for birthdays luh) so I think it sld be ok for weddings too? Just that I don't really have the time :S Luckily I applied for like 2-3 weeks leave/off before my wedding. So hopefully I can do up everything by then!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    I've considered that! Not paper flowers or fake flowers but other hand-made decorations. Like signage etc. I've done a couple for my friends before (for birthdays luh) so I think it sld be ok for weddings too? Just that I don't really have the time :S Luckily I applied for like 2-3 weeks leave/off before my wedding. So hopefully I can do up everything by then!
    i'm also doing signages! well, at least, thinking of. coz mine is a travel-themed wedding. so i will have signages for all the countries we've been to, and then paste on them some of the tickets that i've collected from my trips!

whoaaa 2-3 weeks is a long leave!! i don't intend to take anything.. maybe 1 day before to rest at most, but probably not. i want to take more leave after instead.. to HOLIDAY!! hahahah

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hmm.. are you giving out wedding invitation? If you are, you can do it in the form like an air tickets/planes? Instead of tickets, u can paste photos of the places you've been too! And maybe u can also have a not-so-traditional march in. Something like... you holding those vintage luggage with urs and ur HTB arms hooked together(short dress instead of a long one)

Oh! You know the movie "Up in the air"? There this one wedding scene where the couple pin their photos on a map (on the places they have been to) Maybe you can do that too.

Haha. Just my 2 cents worth of view (:

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    Hmm.. are you giving out wedding invitation? If you are, you can do it in the form like an air tickets/planes? Instead of tickets, u can paste photos of the places you've been too! And maybe u can also have a not-so-traditional march in. Something like... you holding those vintage luggage with urs and ur HTB arms hooked together(short dress instead of a long one)

Oh! You know the movie "Up in the air"? There this one wedding scene where the couple pin their photos on a map (on the places they have been to) Maybe you can do that too.

Haha. Just my 2 cents worth of view (:
    hi pinnpinn, great ideas! yes that's precisely what i'm doing for my wedding invitations! airtickets for dinner banquet, and passport+visa for my solemnization! photos of the places i've been to are too many, so we're printing it into a photobook and montage instead.

haven't thought abt the marchin actually. good idea! i thought of doing tt for the pageboy+flowergirl, but didn't realize i can do it too! haha i think we will look like air stewardess and pilot!! hehe

i haven't watched that movie before? but i've seen online photos of weddings where they did just that (maybe copied from the movie!). my htb and i saw just last weekend a gorgeous world map that looks almost 3d (with visual effects). it was soooo grand coz it's 2m by 3m huge! we were contemplating spending $175 just to get that map. but dunno where to put. hahaha. if i do a map with pins, i will do it facebook style.. haha.. u noe, "places you've been to" those tags. still thinking if i wanna do that yet. but i will be having a postcards+postbox for my guestbook (they write on my postcards, and "post" the cards into a vintage postbox), then angbaos will go into a handmade globe-angbao box!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    AHHHH. i like the globe-angbao box. You can get the map, and hang it in ur house in the future. Add on to whatever place you've been too. Like a display. You can just "tag" one photo of the place you've been too. solemnization Im thinking maybe you can do it like post-cards? But if u've already done it, then the passport+visa thing is a great idea too!

Yea. the march in will be sooo cute! U can wear a small head-piece on ur hair. Have a lil twist by wearing those pilot look-a-like hat. And ask ur BF to march in with aviator! Kinda cute too (with one hand in the pocket)