Cost of ROM - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cost of ROM

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Have you thought of the wedding favors to be given out? OH! and you can have airplane designs cupcakes for ur wedding cake. or something similar or related to aviation.

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hehe yes, the idea was to ge thte gigantic map and put in my future house just wondering if 175 is too expensive for a piece of paper? scared i don't take care of it during transportation and i crumple it. *heart shatters*

I wouldn't be customizing my wedding favors and cakes.. so cannot add much to those. will have wooden sculptures of various modes of transport (cars, planes, trains...) placed all around randomly tho.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hmmm... maybe the wooden sculptures are not necessary? Will it be too much? With the photos and sign and with the wooden sculptures too. I think w/o the wooden sculptures can be nice too, keep it simple.

Anyway, when is ur day? Kinda feel excited for u!

Junior Member firedred is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    Without taking into consideration other cost like photography, decorations etc?
    Nope. Not including photography and other misc expenses like ang bao to give. But basic decoration was done by the hotel. If u include everything in, total cost about 7.5k.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ookok. I think mine will be slightly more than $8k ): Which can be the amount for a small AD wedding. Hehe

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpinn View Post
    Hmmm... maybe the wooden sculptures are not necessary? Will it be too much? With the photos and sign and with the wooden sculptures too. I think w/o the wooden sculptures can be nice too, keep it simple.

Anyway, when is ur day? Kinda feel excited for u!
    The wooden sculptures are not the elaborate kind.. they're those u buy for $2 at popular bookstore and you can assemble them together.. we already have alot of those at home (it's my fav pasttime!) so we thought of just bringing it along and placing 2-3 at the reception table. just thinking about it, nothing confirmed

my big day is in 4 mths!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh! I think i got one too! Carousel, but I got it from overseas. My ROM too! in about 4 months. Sooo many things yet to do.

And so its only at the reception table! (which is nice IMO)

Member hpchean is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    My ROM is more than 6k, which i think is a bit too much.

Junior Member NatVin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    how come so expensive?!

Junior Member zenny is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi hpchean, where did you have your ROM? and how many guests?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi,

I am going to have my lunch at Peony Jade. Nice food and great value.

I think most of the things are unnecessary but hubby just let me spend the money in order to get my "dream" wedding LOL

Breakdown as followings:
    Lunch - $2k (slightly more than 2k, GST and service charge inclusive)
    Bridal boutique - $1.3k (MTM gown with a lot of quality tulle and organza)
    Bridesmaid - $600 (as they are my best friends ever, and purposely fly from Australia to Singapore just to share my joy, I need to give them angpau and accommodation)
    Photographer - $500 (for 8 hours)
    Cupcakes tier - $420 (43 cupcakes with complicated design and 1kg top tier cake)
    Floral decoration - $600
    Misc - $700 (including my shoes, polaroid film, guest pen, invitation cards, Ampoule and fake lashes *compulsory*, JP angpau, filing fee etc)

This is not inclusive of wine (if we really want to serve it) and the car rental or cab fare on that day.

But it is my dream to be surrounded by fresh flowers and best friends. The ceremony is just not sweet enough without cupcakes / cake. And I love to take photo to capture every single moment. And it is my dream to wear a pink feather-like gown for the ceremony.

And the most impt thing is, my hubby just spoilt me like that =P

By the way, my bridal package is $3k+, and I need to pay $2k deposit prior to my ROM since the gown is brand new MTM. And the wedding band of $1.5k. So the actual cash flow is really more than above.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    latest calculation for the cost of my ROM is close to $8k :X I think the most expensive is the venue and the buffet. Other than that, it wont cost much cos it will be all DIY (guestbook, invitation cards, extra decorations)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    haha, I also will handmade my invitation cards =) but I think I don't have time for venue decoration and not artistic enough LOL

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Mine is only simple decorations, on top of the standard floral arrangement the hotel provide. My mum offer her help too! So it's less tiring :P (She have great ideas sometimes!)

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by hpchean View Post
    Hi,

I am going to have my lunch at Peony Jade. Nice food and great value.

I think most of the things are unnecessary but hubby just let me spend the money in order to get my "dream" wedding LOL

Breakdown as followings:
    Lunch - $2k (slightly more than 2k, GST and service charge inclusive)
    Bridal boutique - $1.3k (MTM gown with a lot of quality tulle and organza)
    Bridesmaid - $600 (as they are my best friends ever, and purposely fly from Australia to Singapore just to share my joy, I need to give them angpau and accommodation)
    Photographer - $500 (for 8 hours)
    Cupcakes tier - $420 (43 cupcakes with complicated design and 1kg top tier cake)
    Floral decoration - $600
    Misc - $700 (including my shoes, polaroid film, guest pen, invitation cards, Ampoule and fake lashes *compulsory*, JP angpau, filing fee etc)

This is not inclusive of wine (if we really want to serve it) and the car rental or cab fare on that day.

But it is my dream to be surrounded by fresh flowers and best friends. The ceremony is just not sweet enough without cupcakes / cake. And I love to take photo to capture every single moment. And it is my dream to wear a pink feather-like gown for the ceremony.

And the most impt thing is, my hubby just spoilt me like that =P

By the way, my bridal package is $3k+, and I need to pay $2k deposit prior to my ROM since the gown is brand new MTM. And the wedding band of $1.5k. So the actual cash flow is really more than above.
    hey hpchean, where did you get your floral services from? I also want to have loads of flowers around me.. still sourcing for the best florist