Credit Cards for Wedding Payments - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    anyone has any idea how the "quarterly" thing works on manhattan card? is it based on a general quarter (i.e. jan-mar, apr-june....) or depends on when we got the card? or when we spent the money????

Senior Member pinnpinn is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i just got the manhantten card! gonna use it for my upcoming rom! i will want to save every little money! even if its a few hundred

Senior Member godbirdie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    just call the customer service and enquire the period of your spending. It is one the 3 months period. for eg, mine is ard 20 Jun-19 Sep, if i accumulated $4000 spending, i entitled to 5%, equivalent to $200 (cap)

Total spending reflected in your monthly statement CashBack earned monthly
    $1 - $999 0.5%
    $1,000 - $2,999 1%
    $3,000 and above 5%

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by godbirdie View Post
    just call the customer service and enquire the period of your spending. It is one the 3 months period. for eg, mine is ard 20 Jun-19 Sep, if i accumulated $4000 spending, i entitled to 5%, equivalent to $200 (cap)

Total spending reflected in your monthly statement CashBack earned monthly
    $1 - $999 0.5%
    $1,000 - $2,999 1%
    $3,000 and above 5%
    oh! the 5% can be a TOTAL of all spendings in your monthly statement? not for a single payment? Hmm...

Senior Member godbirdie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yup..the 5% is based on accumulated spending for the 3mths period,not a single payment.so if u can split ur payment for weddings like $4k every 3mths, u can save $200 for every quarter, equivalent to $800 per year.

Junior Member princessH is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    any good deals for citibank?

Senior Member jwjw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quarterly for the cash rebate depends on your date of statement. For instance, your statement is dated 22 July, the first month will be 23 Jul to 22 Aug, 2nd month will be 23 Aug to 22 Sep and 3rd month will be 23 Sep to 22 Oct. Spending within these 3 months should be kept at $4000 for the max $200 rebates, spending more than that doesn't give you any points, etc.

Do remember that the range of :
    $1 - $999 @ 0.5%
    $1,000 - $2,999 @ 1%
    $3,000 and above @ 5%
    is per MONTHLY only. Meaning if you spend $1k on the first month, $3k on the 2nd month and nothing on the 3rd month, the total rebate will only be:

$1000 x 1 % = $10
    $3000 x 5% = $150

In this case, you will have to spend more to hit the $200 maximum rebate. Hope it is clear and helpful.

Junior Member pumpkin is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    any idea if citibank dividend card is good for such rebates?

Member summerrain is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
    any idea if citibank dividend card is good for such rebates?
    I have cancelled my Citibank dividend card cos I've not received a single cheque cashback. The cashback is dependent on the type of spend (http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...i_dividend.htm). They have an exclusion clause that 2% cashback on dining excludes food & beverage spend within hotels and wedding banquets held in hotels.

I think the best cashback is Manhattan. Really no gimmicks. I've already received my 3rd cashback.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjw View Post
    Quarterly for the cash rebate depends on your date of statement. For instance, your statement is dated 22 July, the first month will be 23 Jul to 22 Aug, 2nd month will be 23 Aug to 22 Sep and 3rd month will be 23 Sep to 22 Oct. Spending within these 3 months should be kept at $4000 for the max $200 rebates, spending more than that doesn't give you any points, etc.

Do remember that the range of :
    $1 - $999 @ 0.5%
    $1,000 - $2,999 @ 1%
    $3,000 and above @ 5%
    is per MONTHLY only. Meaning if you spend $1k on the first month, $3k on the 2nd month and nothing on the 3rd month, the total rebate will only be:

$1000 x 1 % = $10
    $3000 x 5% = $150

In this case, you will have to spend more to hit the $200 maximum rebate. Hope it is clear and helpful.
    thanks jwjw! that is a very clear and detailed analysis!

Senior Member snowy is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    thanks jwjw for the breakdown. i often get really confused with the cash back thing. seems like it's not a lot.

do you ladies prefer cards with cashback or redeem rewards? I find rewards more worth it because the value of the item is more than the cashback. Only if i need those items i guess, like they usually give things like ipod touch and earphones

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    pleasure!! forum is for us to learn and share! yes, initially i thought i will just have to spend 4k within 3 months, but i was wrong! hehe.. must make use of all these little rebates to the fullest since we are all spending a BOMB for our wedding..

yes, reward is often more worth it as it require lesser points to redeem $xx of voucher comparing to cash rebate for the same $xx.. for big item, i will usually use manhattan cos its 5% rebate for $3k and above.. others, you may consider UOB ONE which offers 3.33%, BUT, you have to spend for 3 consecutive months.. They have a few different tiers..

Member summerrain is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Btw, if you gals need to apply for Manhattan card, you can approach my PFC, Candice Tham working at Standard Chartered Bank Suntec Branch. Her no is 8388 9405. She's very nice & helpful.

I applied for the Manhattan card personally a few days before I make downpayment for the banquet (thinking I will get it faster than applying online). As the date was drawing, I had not received the card and was prepared to use another credit card to make payment & forgo the cashback. However, Candice helped me put an urgent request and the card was couried to me 1 day before I meet the hotel folks. She also updated me the status regularly. Hence, thumbs up for her good service!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If i'm not wrong, i think there is an additional $50 cash rebate for signing up of new standard chartered cards with the first transaction made. i signed 3 cards via some telemarketers and got $150 cash rebates in total.. maybe you girls can check with Candice or whoever to see if this promotion is still available..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    yes this promotion should still be available. i got it for my manhattan card... din know it's for all cards too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast