Credit Cards for Wedding Payments - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Jt2011 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Are there any cards with no cap on cash rebates?

Senior Member jwjw is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jt2011 View Post
    Are there any cards with no cap on cash rebates?
    I think Citibank's Dividend cards got no capped, the max i have received in 1 cheque is $80+ or $90+ but however, the percentage of rebates are pretty low, and come to banquet, they dont offer any rebates at all..

Junior Member lcncnel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi, I remember in the card member agreement that the cap for Citibank's Dividend is $800 for 12 month period.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Citibank Dividend Card

Type of spending (Cash rebate)

* Petrol (5%)
    * Dining (2%)
    * Groceries (2%)
    * Pharmaceuticals (2%)
    * All others (0.5%)

The Fine Print

* For groceries spending at Carrerfour, rebate is only 0.5%
    * 2% cash back on dining excludes food & beverage spend within hotels and wedding banquets held in hotels.
    * Cash will be credited only upon accumulation of $50 worth of rebates and paid only 1 month after each quarter. If $50 threshold is not reached, the rebate is rolled over to the next quarter, up to a maximum of 15 months
    * Rebate is capped at $800 per year (non-calendar)

Good for

* Paying for general spending and petrol

My apologies, it is capped at $800 for a period of 12 months. Probably didn't spend that much to hit $800 a year.. Hehe..

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by summerrain View Post
    Btw, if you gals need to apply for Manhattan card, you can approach my PFC, Candice Tham working at Standard Chartered Bank Suntec Branch. Her no is 8388 9405. She's very nice & helpful.

I applied for the Manhattan card personally a few days before I make downpayment for the banquet (thinking I will get it faster than applying online). As the date was drawing, I had not received the card and was prepared to use another credit card to make payment & forgo the cashback. However, Candice helped me put an urgent request and the card was couried to me 1 day before I meet the hotel folks. She also updated me the status regularly. Hence, thumbs up for her good service!
    Applying for the card online doesn't take too long -- couriered within 2 days if i remember correctly, otherwise they will give you a $50 cashback on top of the $50 for online application

Junior Member toothbrush is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks for sharing. i think i will apply the manhattan card. i hope the hotel allows me to pay by installment or is it the bank that allows?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    it will be the hotel.. you will have to make a trip down every 3 months to swipe the card, after charging e.g $4000 to your card, your account will be credited with $200 rebate for that quarter.. you can apply together with your hubby, in this case, double savings!!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    btw, if you are asking about installment after wedding i think that's not possible.. this is usually done before wedding and during the wedding night or the day after, you will have to pay the balance amount..

for example my wedding is next Nov, i can pay for 5 quarters (based on my statement date) and make full use of the rebates.. and also, my final bill will be alot lesser too.. hehe!

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    ok thanks, i will ask the hotel, hope they allow me to pay by installment. already signed the package. my wedding is in Nov.

Junior Member xandyaxes is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I think hotel will be more than happy to receive installment every quarter before your AD, as it is an assurance to them that you have enough money to pay them.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    toothbrush, where will you be holding your wedding? Mine is Nov too!! 3rd Nov..

xandyaxes, thats true.. most importantly we have to keep all the charge slips + receipts as black and white just in case they have no record..

Senior Member rojak is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Oh I just checked, the 3-month cycle of rebates for standard chartered manhattan card starts from the date you get your card (not dependent on when you first purcahse is). so you can start calculating from there, to maximize the number of time u can pay for your banquet

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    mine is at changi village jw

Quote Originally Posted by jwjw View Post
    toothbrush, where will you be holding your wedding? Mine is Nov too!! 3rd Nov..

xandyaxes, thats true.. most importantly we have to keep all the charge slips + receipts as black and white just in case they have no record..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    congrats to all getting married.

Junior Member kenzo800 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Any comment on Citibank dividend?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast