Credit Cards for Wedding Payments - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Junior Member yuanuo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjw View Post
    jeremychew, are you referring to the reply I posted for the $80 rebate for each approved card? If so, I would like to clarify that NO spending is required to activate the Standard Chartered Credit Card. No minimum spending and no one time activation.

Both hubby and I got our $160 (for 2 cards) credit each in our bank statement and it has been 'lying' inside for a couple of months..

Hope the clarification helps.

hi jwjw,

u mean any 2 SC credit card will entitle for the $80 rebate each? what is the other credit card that you apply on top of manhattan??

Thanks

ZSW
    Member ZSW is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hi all, my wedding is in Oct and it's too late to start using the Manhattan card for staggered payments. Any other cards to intro? I see the link but there's so much cards there that I am not sure which should I even check out.

we only paid a deposit of $5000 previously. was thinking of using our rebates to exchange for our honeymoon air tickets and if possible hotel too.

i like the Amex Krisflyer card which gives us points but normal UOB cards also allow us to redeems for Kris Flyer miles. so im not sure which is more worth it. we are planning to go Maldives so probably need about 30,000 miles and we already have about 25k of miles in our account each. So if can get more miles and upgrade to business, that would be best.

Also not too sure which card can use to redeem for free 5* hotel stays.

any recommendations here?

Junior Member boredzzzzz is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Amex gives away free 5k miles on application of the Krisflyer cards.
    Other cards which can reedem miles are Citibank Premiermiles Visa, UOB PRVI Miles AMEX, DBS Altitude VISA, Maybank Horizon Platinum Visa.

ZSW
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    boredzzzz: other than miles, are there anything else we can redeem? i might consider applying for that to be used for banquet. so out of those that redeem miles, which is the best?

i saw UOB rewards for UNI$5000 can redeem 10k miles. but UNI$3500 can only redeem $50 UOB travel vouchers.

so if pay for the banquet at $40k, will only get about 8k points based on the website where $5 spent = UNI$1. then like that i can only redeem either or even only $100 off my travel.

that's really pathetic..

Junior Member jianyongtan is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If you sign up for the Standard Chartered Bank's Manhattan Credit Card now till 21 July 2012, get to received $80.00 Cash Back. T&C applies.

Junior Member y2kwhitelove is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Confused Kris Flyer Points

Hi all,
    I am new here. Anyone know how the Kris Flyer pionts work? Like need how many points to change for airtickets. Like for Amex credit card, they have a card can earns point as Kris Flyer points but for other credit card need to change to Kris Flyer points will have to charge administrative fees. I totally no idea of how it work?

Member summerrain is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi BTBs,
    I've introduced a few of my frens to manhattan card. Manhattan card is esp good for big purchase items like banquet payment, bridal, house renovation etc. if you can arrange for staggered payment, spend $4k spending in a qtr, u will rec $200 cashback. This one no gimmicks cos I've benefitted from it. Sometimes Scb got promo like guaranteed gift if u spend $3k that mth.

Another savings ac is bonus savers. U will earn 1.88% int pa on ur savings (cap at $25k) ie abt $40 if u charge $500 mthly to ur bonus savers. If u do not spend $500, int will b lower tier which is also gd cos it's still one of e best in mkt.

From now till 31jul, can enjoy $180 cashback on both cards upon sign-up. If you are interested, can contact my RM Andy at 97984624.

Hope this helps.

Member nexusangel is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by summerrain View Post
    Hi BTBs,
    I've introduced a few of my frens to manhattan card. Manhattan card is esp good for big purchase items like banquet payment, bridal, house renovation etc. if you can arrange for staggered payment, spend $4k spending in a qtr, u will rec $200 cashback. This one no gimmicks cos I've benefitted from it. Sometimes Scb got promo like guaranteed gift if u spend $3k that mth.

Another savings ac is bonus savers. U will earn 1.88% int pa on ur savings (cap at $25k) ie abt $40 if u charge $500 mthly to ur bonus savers. If u do not spend $500, int will b lower tier which is also gd cos it's still one of e best in mkt.

From now till 31jul, can enjoy $180 cashback on both cards upon sign-up. If you are interested, can contact my RM Andy at 97984624.

Hope this helps.
    What's the T&Cs for staggered payment? Can be done for any merchant/hotel?

Member summerrain is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    You can make arrangement with your hotel to pay on quarterly basis so can max out cashback benefit. It's $200 cashback/ card/ qtr.

Junior Member jasontanprive is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yes, Mahattan is really good. We're using it for our wedding-related payments. =)

Junior Member Mediscur is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Get premier miles la

Junior Member paradox81 is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    UOB Signature gives rather useful UNI points.

ZSW
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i was doing a research this morning and i found the best card that gives the most value for $ rewards is actually amex platinum or rewards card. problem is we have to pay for annual fee of $300 and $50 respectively.
    other than that, the next best would be UOB Signature cos its 2x uni$. But you have to spend $5 to get 2 Uni$. Where as amex is $1 spent = 1 reward point and for the platinum, if you shop at ion orchard on weekends at some participating outlets, you get 10 points for $1.
    for rewards card, if you spend $500/month for 1st 3 months, they give free 24,000 points.. it's super attractive if not for the annual fee..

Junior Member snowyg is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Use manhattan by Standard Chartered.but maximum cap at $200 per quarter.Cash rebate of 5% ..

Junior Member pdory is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

possible to pay using more than 1 credit card?

I thinking of using more than 1 card... so hubby, sibling all use their card to pay. Possible?