Dates for wedding

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Jamie Boyd is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Dates for wedding

I recently went to a feng shui master early this year to ask dates for weddings this year. 8th Aug 2011 or 11th Oct 2011. Apparently they are not good dates, & we were given some dates from him which is 24th Mar 2011 (Sat) the other dates falls on weekdays. then i realized that it's on the Ching Ming festival. Shall i ask for 2nd option?

Member lassymoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    if it's important to u and ur other half and the families, then a second option would be good. erm...it's way after 24th march by now so i reckon u need to check with him on the good ones?

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi thanks for your reply. I actually typed in 2011 instead of 2012. Yeah, will think about it.
    Thank you very much ;)

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i went to see one suang ming master, we actually wanted to choose a date that falls on ching ming and he advise us the best is not to hold any wedding 10 days before and after ching ming actual day.

but he did mentioned some people does not follow all these anymore so its all up to you guys.

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thank you tenshi. I will keep in view. Actually is 24th March 2012 on ching ming? I am also not sure, thats what i heard.

Senior Member Tenshi is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    jamie just check it out that next year ching ming is on 4 April so basically from wat my suang ming master say from 25 Mar 2012 to 14 April 2012 is not advisible. but from some older generation they might see that the whole of april errr should see the chinese calendar that whole month is ching min.

check it out with both side of your parents if they are ok with 24 Mar 2012 then ok liao problem solve liao.

bear in mind that not your wedding date that make your relationship last, its both of you that make the relastionship last.

Member kimchoo is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I agree with tenshi that at the end of the day, it is the both of you that will make the relationship last. of course both families must be comfortable with the date to begin with, maybe that's the most important part of deciding the date. haha

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate your kind help. I was or still indecisive. Because I went to see feng shui guy & now a little regret & scared if i choose another date on my own would not be good ;( maybe i think too much. But like what u said its the relationship that is the most important ;)

Junior Member emike is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Boyd View Post
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate your kind help. I was or still indecisive. Because I went to see feng shui guy & now a little regret & scared if i choose another date on my own would not be good ;( maybe i think too much. But like what u said its the relationship that is the most important ;)
    think is better to believe than not i guess. cos we'll nv know. my HTB and I also thought of 8/8/12 but now, we waiting for the geomancer to give us the date coming end aug and book our banquet fast..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Ya, I am also thinking the same. ;) will see how then..... Thanks for your advice

Senior Member KnGp is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi all,
    I come across this website, http://www.xingzuo5.cn/jiri.php where u can check whether it is 吉日 for getting married.. However, i m not sure of its accuracy.. by as far as i tried the dates that 8/8/12 and 11/10/12 (if u r saying 2012 though), seems to match jamie boyd's fs master said.. hahas..

Junior Member shannie is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    hmm.. i key in my date but it shows.. 忌 作灶 行丧 理发 乘船 嫁娶/结婚/婚嫁 安葬.. hahaha.. need to re-confirm then..

Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hi KnGp, the dates I was looking at this year is actually 8th Aug 2011 OR 11th Nov 2011. (My mis type, sorry)
    But the fung shui master suggested: 24th Mar 2012 / 25th Mar 2012 / 6th April 2012 / 9th May 2012 (These 4 dates for me to choose from) But I am still indecisive, coz I think I am a bit superstitious. These given dates are not dates that me & my partner have a significant memory with. So we are not sure if we should follow the fung shui or choose a date that is meaning to both of us lah. We are going to discuses this very soon to set the date & no regrets.

Nevertheless, i would like to thank everyone for contributing your thoughts. Appreciate, & feels good to have feedback ;)

Junior Member idtwt is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yes. Choosing the date and balancing with the family expectations is not easy. Good luck to all.

Member dandelion is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    do you really need a feng shui expert to check for auspicious dates?