Dating your friend's ex

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member starsGalaxy_09 is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Dating your friend's ex

Lately, i've been chatting online with this guy. He seems pretty good, sweet. But he and a friend of from work used to be a couple -- actually that' s how we met because he tagged along one time our group went out for dinner.

We never had any contact before when he and my friend were together and i don't even know what happened to them and why they broke up. But not i feel guilty or paranoid? I'd like to know him more but i'm scared she and our other friends might think bad of me.

Advice?

Junior Member chocomint_1993 is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Talk to your friend. Be completely honest with her. If she's really your friend, she'll believe you and would even tell you important things about the guy. Then you could better decide how and even if you should continue communicating with him.

Junior Member Tati_marrie is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Hmmm. I'll be honest, your friend might never completely believe you. Because you and the guy met through her. There will always be something suspicious about that. I'm not accusing you of anything, ok? But why did you become social media (i assume) friends with a guy who's dating your friend. Just a little suspicious.

Junior Member nymph_goDDess is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Talk to your friend first. As you said so yourself, you don't know their story. that's important to know if you're considering pursuing a relationship with the guy.

Junior Member StrawberrySuede is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    If I were your friend, I'd be super upset, especially if they were together for a long time. For me, it's just friends' exes are off limits. It's really uncomfortable hanging out all together.

Junior Member buffyTHEvampire is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    I honestly think it's okay to date a friend's if it has been reaaaallly long time ago that the relation has ended. If the exes have moved on and the other has already been in a happy relationship, then I think there's nothing wrong with having a relationship with your friend's ex.

Junior Member Purrqueen is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    How long has it been since the exes broke up? If it has been years, I guess that's fine.

Junior Member daquiriRose is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by starsGalaxy_09 View Post
    Lately, i've been chatting online with this guy. He seems pretty good, sweet. But he and a friend of from work used to be a couple -- actually that' s how we met because he tagged along one time our group went out for dinner.

We never had any contact before when he and my friend were together and i don't even know what happened to them and why they broke up. But not i feel guilty or paranoid? I'd like to know him more but i'm scared she and our other friends might think bad of me.

Advice?
    If his ex is just a friend from work, you're not close to her whatsoever, that's perfectly fine. And it's not like you hangout with the guy while they were still together. Don't even bother thinking about that friend from work. Im sure that's fine.

Junior Member patiSSerieRed is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Yeah it's fine because technically you're not close buds with the ex. And you didnt know they were a thing before.

Junior Member moodygal is infamous around these parts
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    Don't mind the ex if you are not really close to her, but at least make the effort to let her know by mentioning it to her. Just be casual, dont worry too much.