Are DBSS worth it?

kellytan

Saw many of you here thinking of getting a DBSS, just wondering about your opinions whether they are worth it? I'm trying to decide whether I should go for BTO or DBSS, but i'm not fully convinced that things like the extra furnishings etc are worth the extra cash.

Any brides care to share your views? :)

rojak

comparing BTO and DBSS, nope. the extra furnishings don't cost THAT much more. plus, DBSS is meant to look nicer, like a condo.. but nowadays, BTO designs are gettting nicer and nicer, it's hard to differentiate between a new BTO and a condo.. doesn't justify paying hundreds of thousands more for something tt you will not lose if you don't buy a DBSS

appleisblack81

I dont really think its worth it because quite frankly the facilities arent as comprehensive as a full fledged private condo. Unless the location very good. Otherwise, i dont think you should invest in it. :)

Jiemin

DBSS = rich man HDB
EC = poor man condo

DBSS price is too high and the some with very small unit.
Look at Trivelis, their 4rooms is only 82sqm (883sqft) cost $530K~$650K which is $600psf~$736psf.
The upper range is around the same as EC upper range.
Factor to consider when you buy a flat is the resale value 5 years down the road?
Secondly, are you able to forsee a resale DBSS cost $795K(+$100psf)?
Increase by $100psf is easily possible for HDB since the price is low but will make the pricey DBSS to be cost even more.
If I want to get re-sale flat, I will go for normal HDB around the DBSS instead of the DBSS itself since most prefer to do a major renovation.

emilyy

i feel that those DBSS or EC in mature locations like bishan, clementi and toa payoh sure increase in price. in singapore, those housing in prime areas only increase, never decrease.

zyroo

Imho, furnishings, fittings and renovation decreases in value over time.

We are seeing/ have seen an increase in price now only because of our economy and fiscal policies. No one remembers the period in 2001-2004 when the housing market was in doldrums. That time a lot of households were holding on to negative equity, that is, the value of their house is lesser than their mortgage.

For sake of prudence, i think BTO could be better. I saw Park Central and Trevelis. Not that impressive. Could save the money better for good reno on BTO or EC which may give you better "social" returns.

ttpw

I would think EC is more worth it compared to DBSS. U can sell EC after 5 yrs like a private house.

TTS

it's not worth paying additional for DBSS just for the fittings, unless the location is ideal to u.

emmatrix

visited my cousin's new DBSS...so so small. the living room is so tiny you barely have space for a coffee table