December 2015 - Garden Wedding advice

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Peacock is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile

Crying December 2015 - Garden Wedding advice

Hi fellow brides,

I am planning to get married in December and have always wanted a garden wedding. Its actually an ROM, but I'm Indian and I don't think I will have any say in my traditional wedding so I'm investing all my time and effort into the ROM which will be known as "the garden wedding".

What I have in mind is an outdoor garden setting where we can say our vows under a floral arch where we will exchange rings and sign the document that officially makes us husband and wife, followed by the meals and partying in an indoor facility.

My guest list is crazy. Like I said, we are Indian and we have huge families. Both of us have relatives in JB who will be attending as well. Our combined guest list is around 150 people. We would like a buffet lunch/dinner of Indian food and my fiance's friends will probably bring in their own alcohol.

I have heard so much about Gardenasia and have looked up their venue on their website and feel that the Shamrock chapel and Bluesky are ideal for the wedding I have in mind. However, with a strict budget of 20K (or lesser hopefully), do you think I will be able to fit everything I have planned, in? I have emailed them but they are yet to reply.

I don't have anyone in Singapore who has recently gotten married whom I can ask so I have to ask over here.

Is a garden wedding possible with 20K and 150 people? We will provide our own entertainment with cousins and family performing and singing.

I need:
    Venue,
    invitation cards,
    decor,
    cake,
    food,
    clothes for me and the wedding party,
    door gifts
    videography
    photography
    make up.

In short, is 20K enought to cover everything I need for a garden wedding? I will take absolutely any advice you can give me cuz at the moment I have no clue what to expect or how much a garden wedding should even cost.

Junior Member Peacock is on a distinguished road
    Perfect Points
    View Wedding Profile
    i should add that it's December 2015 NOT December 2014. In case you overlook the post thinking it was from last year!