Difference in paint type?

dinobaby

What is the difference between the different paints? The common ones out there are nippon and ici, honestly i can't tell the difference, is one paint better than another?

honeydew

ici deluxe is more expensive, and i see many ID companies using nippon. could be because most singaporeans go for the cheaper alternative so it's better to sell? but i feel that ici has a wider range for longer lasting paint. like those odourless kind.

Florencekoh

Did try up Nippon and ICI, Did compare the white colour of Nippon and ICI, to ur surprise, when fully dry the Nippon one is whiter than ICI, some how ICI paint more expensive. This is my oppinion for ur reference only.

ICI is number 1 in most world and nippon paint is number 1 in Singapore.

Lilianxu

Actually the type of paint is still the peference of each individual, some may like ICI, some may like nippon.
As long as its a happy painting process and a beautiful house in the end, its the best. :p

secrets

yes, i must agree with broadbrian and jamescarri here! hehe :)

and i also think that we all settle for the best one at the same time the cheaper one. it all boils down to our preference and budget :)

girlinpink

some are more expensive than others. i think it has something to do with the quality of the paint and the vibrancy of the color.

audrycampbell

Their are various kinds of paints are available in the market like Water based paint, stain or semigloss paint and non drip paint. Water based paint used for the walls and flat surface. For the sheen finish we use semigloss paint and non drip paint is alternative of semigloss.

missjuvia

I think the only difference is the quality of the paint, the vibrancy of the color and how long it's going to last.