shipei

Pretty Ladies!

Mind if anyone of you have a different celebration (or been to one) for
Family & Friends?

My HTB just (shockingly :love:) proposed last week! We planned to wed on
end 2012... And we would very much want more of a 'party' atmosphere
for our friends, thus we should likely be separating the celebration. Meaning,
solemnization, hi-tea buffet for family then party dinner for friends

Are we too late for bookings in end 2012??!?!? We have a few hotels in mind...
1) Swissotel
2) Grand Corpthorne
3) Fullerton/Bay
4) Sentosa/Resort World
5) InterContinental
6) Goodwood Park
7) St Regis

Thanks in advance for sharing! :D

Tenshi

Congratulations!!

First of all its not too late la. It will be good to get a date first before you start off with the rest. by now the tong shu is out (if you need it).

I will be doing a separate celebration for my family and friends. will going to church then lunch for family memebers then dinner for friends (that will be party time). all these will be in one day. lots of people say the schedule will be very tight but then ... no choice la wanted something different.

from your shortlisted hotels seems like you have a good budget for your wedding.

Good luck and enjoy your preparations!!

shipei

Congrats to you too!

Same here, wanted lunmch for family and like always it's really a rush...

Where do you intend to have the 'party' for your friends?
We're looking for other alternatives also...

Tenshi

I will be doing chinese lunch at the hotel and at the same hotel i will be doing western dinner for friends at night.

retrodots

tenshi: so you book the restaurant for the chinese lunch at the hotel and then book a banquet hall for the western dinner? or both just book the restaurant?

Tenshi

no both at the hotel meeting room but they can do up till very nice. mine will be at regent so will be using their tanglin room and nassim room.

anyway they have chinese restaurant and western restaurant there so my food will be from both restaurant and be served in the rooms.

retrodots

oh that sounds very nice leh tenshi! :) so the food just catered from the restaurants while you use the hotel meeting room. how many pax can the hotel meeting room accommodate?

Tenshi

i just book with the hotel and they do the arrangements lor. at first i do not know its from the restaurants but later then the sales person told me lor.

cant rememeber tanglin room (bigger room) wat is the max number but min is 16 tables and nassim room max is 120pax (smaller room)

their ballroom weekend have to be at least 30 pax.

so wat are you looking at? if you are doing some how my style i can give you some other location that I have research previously.

shipei

Hi Tenshi!

Thanks for being so helpful!

We'll definitely likely to do somewhat like yours, but not sure which hotel are able to cater to our needs :(
What are the other hotels which you researched? We're getting dates from a fengshui master only on this sunday...

So many things to think and plan for!!!

Tenshi

please advise me how many pax you are looking at? like for my my lunch i have 150 pax and dinner i have 100 pax.

previously i tot of having the chinese lunch in a restaurant then got to a club for westen dinner but then there will not be any room to stay overnight.

let me know what you want.

Tenshi

oh and do you want to do buffet style? If you want to do something like mine then use that hotel I am using lor hehehe easy.

shipei

Thank you SO MUCH TENSHI! So helpful!!!

We originally wanted not only to seperate, but plus buffet style...
But seems like both side of parents are rather against it :(

So likely tilting towards all for wedding dinner then a night party
SOMEWHERE for the youngsters!

Anyway, gonna meet a fengshui master for dates later!

Didn't know theres SO MUCH into planning a wedding!!!

ohsweetheart

Maybe we can have a different party/celebration for the friends and different for the family. but there is just one rom and dinner for our wedding.

2014ftw

Agreed! You can have one more traditional (for family), and one more relaxed/fun (for friends). Enjoy your wedding!!